Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » How long do you need for WDW?

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
9/14/2014 6:46 AM
Jackie1996
Chip 'n' Dale
Jackie1996

My parents are looking at doing Florida for two weeks either next year or the year after but we're not quite sure how long we need...When we went before both me and my sister were alot younger and I wasn't tall enough to go on anything. From what I remember we did a week at Disney (Excluding the water parks) and then a seven day cruise..However now we're both older and taller how long would we need?
We were looking at the 14 day ultimate florida ticket (universal, disney, busch gardens, aquatica, sea world, ect) but is a week enough time to do WDW? Then a week for the rest of it?
0 permalink
9/14/2014 8:17 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I have never been, but if we did go it would have to be for a minimum of 2 weeks just for Disney! Hahahaha!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
9/14/2014 8:20 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

I've only ever been three times, this fall is our 4th time, and I think it depends on what you want...

If it was just me, I would want 10 days for Disney; all the character dining, paluzzas, every parade a couple of times, etc...

But with my family, we're having 5 days (plus MNSSHP) of Disney in total, 3 days of Universal and the rest is chill time.

We don't do waterparks, and my family are happy enough meeting Mickey, Minnie and Donald and going on the main attractions and grabbing a hotdog in the park - it's me who is panicking about meeting Rafiki, Daisy and Max Goof, and ensuring we have adequate ADRs lol!

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
9/14/2014 8:54 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

For an effectively first timer I'd definitely recommend at least 7 to 10 days just at Walt Disney World. However, I am a strong advocate for branching out and seeing other things, and it'd be a crying shame if you didn't leave WDW property at all to see some other things. Universal Orlando Resort is AMAZING, with its Harry Potter areas, the excellent Spider-Man attraction, Transformers, and much more. There is SO much to see there - they even have a ton of characters, and they are SO easy to meet compared to Disney! They have everyone from the Simpson's and Doc Brown, to Betty Boop, Scooby and Shaggy, Shrek, the Lorax and Popeye (to name a few)!
edited by DisneyDan on 9/14/2014

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
9/14/2014 9:06 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I like a good solid week, but I don't have any desire to go outside of WDW.
0 permalink
9/14/2014 9:25 AM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

This year (same as last year) me and my family went for 6 weeks and did 2 weeks at Universal, 1 week of relaxing, shopping etc and 3 weeks at Disney. I managed to get all the Characters in the Disney Parks and most rides I wanted to do. We used to go to Disney for 2 weeks but they just kept adding new rides or lands so we extended it!
0 permalink
9/14/2014 9:26 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You went for 6 WEEKS?!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
9/14/2014 10:17 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

You must be officially bankrupt

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
9/14/2014 12:56 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

DisneyDan Wrote:
You went for 6 WEEKS?!

Yes! I think Orlando is a wonderful place and it needs to be appreciated by going and seeing everything it has to offer! Lol
0 permalink
9/14/2014 12:57 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

JoelMcDuck Wrote:

On Baked Beans for the first week back
0 permalink
9/21/2014 2:52 PM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

JoelMcDuck Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween at DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
9/24/2014 7:36 AM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

I need to start saving until i hit fortune so I can go there next year. So I'm decide not go to Disneyland next year, but i'll missed out the 60th Anniversary. At least a friend of mine named Freddie Nelson, Amanda's Brother works there right now. So i'll ask him if he can get me in there. After all i'm a friend of Nelson family.
0 permalink