Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » "Oops!" Moments with characters?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
10/6/2014 9:58 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Sometimes, a character meet goes off without a hitch. You go in, a have a pleasant and entertaining chat, and then leave. Other times... Maybe you trip, maybe you have a slip of the tongue, or any other sort of Murphy's Law happens. Let's share those.

Meeting Goofy last year, I get my picture. After we both turn to each other to say bye, and I guess I forgot how close I was or how big his muzzle is, because his nose whacked me right in the face, nearly knocking the glasses from my head (which, to be fair, happens a lot, as I have all the grace and poise of a Jerry Lewis character).
0 permalink
10/6/2014 3:08 PM
Dan - Tasmic!
Bullseye
Dan - Tasmic!

Wendy accidentally signing her "friend's" Alice's name, LOL!!
0 permalink
10/6/2014 5:44 PM
RogerDreamfinder
Chip 'n' Dale
RogerDreamfinder

Well, there were 2. One on my part, one on the people who made the costume.

At Walt Disney World, I was fortunate to go to Chef Mickey's, which if you didn't know is a character meet and greet which also has a restaurant. The characters come around to the tables to sign and take pictures. Well, Mickey came to the table, and he didn't look pleased with me. It turns out I was wearing a shirt that said "I got out of bed for this?" at Walt Disney World.

The one that was a costume error was at Six Flags. I got to meet a rare character, that being Lola Bunny. I had gotten autographs from the other characters that appeared in the show. They were Bugs and Daffy (Which are my two favorite Looney Tunes characters), and Tweety and Sylvester. So I went up to Lola and asked. It turns out the way the character gloves were made make it impossible to sign. So instead I got a hug and an unwilling picture during the hug.

--
My only purpose in life is to make people LAUGH! -Roger Rabbit

"One little spark lights up for you!" -Dreamfinder
0 permalink
10/7/2014 7:58 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I've also been clipped around the head by Mickey's ears, but he didn't mean it and gave me a big hug afterwards!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
10/7/2014 8:21 AM
Liesel
Chip 'n' Dale
Liesel

I had the same with goofy in Cafe Mickey! He almost knocked me down by accident and indeed my glasses... he felt really sorry and I got lots of hugs from him....
0 permalink
10/7/2014 5:46 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

To be fair, though, if that kind of thing is going to happen with any character, it should be with Goofy.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |