Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Cinderella's assistants Lady Llewellyn & Tobias Quick

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
12/5/2014 3:18 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Just wondering what my friends think of Lady Llewellyn & Tobias Quick

During my family’s last trip in late October of this year, we ran across The Royal Majesty Makers at the Magic Kingdom near the Mine Train / entrance to New Fantasyland. We had never met them or really heard of them up to then. We thought we had met most everyone. We found out that they are part of a new group and that they are "royal consultants" for Cinderella.

We approached them and I asked who they were and she said, “I’m Lady Llewllyn and I’m the manners and etiquette teacher for Cinderella and the kingdom.” Tobias said, “I’m squire Tobias Quick and I’m….uhhhh…her assistant and I assist Lady Llewellyn.” We all had a nice laugh. They were really fun and interactive for several minutes! I asked if they signed autographs and they promptly did. We took a couple of nice pictures and they were on the way. Very cool…

It made me think…are there any other unique characters in the parks that are part of a storyline (like Cinderella) but are never actually seen in the movie…and are out meeting guests, interacting and signing autographs. The characters on Main Street or on the streets of Hollywood Studios aren’t really from movies. I thought Tobias & Lady were very cool but I’m just not sure how to categorize them. I noticed that they are not listed on the master list for this website either. Maybe the same dilemma as me…

What do you think of them, have you met them, what would you call them (Cinderella characters?)… Just a fun random thought
0 permalink
12/5/2014 3:29 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

I'm a huge fan of these sort of characters in the park. I think they really help bring the area to life.

Personally I would class them alongside the citizens of Main Street and Hollywood.

I wouldn't really class them as Cinderella characters but I could see why you might want to.
0 permalink
12/5/2014 5:22 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

They are part of the Royal Majesty Makers, official consultants of Cinderella’s court. The Disney World Website says "this 4-person troupe leads young Guests in pantomimes of skills that will come in handy for any aspiring prince or princess." There are actually 4 of them so you met half, Lady Llewellyn, Sir Sterling, Tobias and Bridget.
0 permalink
12/5/2014 7:29 PM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

Oh, I know on this site there's a page for Camelisha, a camel which appeared at the Pirate and Princess event. I guess you could count her as an uncategorized Aladdin character too?
0 permalink
12/6/2014 8:12 AM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

I totally agree...I think they bring a fun dynamic to the parks. We always get a kick out of shaking hands with the Mayor, etc. I too feel like they are more in line with Main Street characters.

I didn't realize that there are two more RMM! I hope we run across them. I cant believe how many hours we have been back in that area (since New Fantasyland opened) and haven't ever seen them till now. Crazy...

Camelisha...what a unique and rare character. That's what I was looking for Disney Fan(thanks!)...there are others that fit into the group like the RMM. I guess she is one of Prince Ali's 75 golden camels...lol

Thank for the info!
0 permalink