Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Disney World Holiday Trip Report

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
12/26/2014 9:02 AM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Hi everyone! Welcome to my Christmas/Holiday time trip report from Walt Disney World. Now most of the stuff we did is the same as the recent trip Dan and Jon just completed, but I thought it would be fun to show my variation because we did some different things.
So now let me tell you a story of Country Bears, Mice, Monkeys, and Reindeer. Yes Dan, Reindeer!
Day 1: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
We arrive and get on line for the Seven Dwarfs. But as our friend waits on line and we are walking around, we pass the Winnie the Pooh meet and greet and guess who we saw? Rabbit!

Then we left our friend on line for the Pooh friends because for those of you who read my Not So Scary report, you know the Pooh characters were a problem. Then it was time to meet the Dwarfs...

Then we found out the Pooh friends didn't come out till 7:30, so we have our friends switch places and wait so we go to meet the Ducks.
Now this next part is Dan's favorite part...
We walk towards Storybook Circus and we see a Reindeer, yes Dan.... a Reindeer for a meet and greet. So we run over and meet him!

Then we plopped our friend down to meet the Ducks and it was time to meet the Pooh friends

Then off to the Ducks

Then we headed to the Holiday Hootenanny...

Then we meet Mickey on Main Street

Then we went to meet Genie and Jasmine

Then we headed back to Main Street to meet The Mary Poppins gang

Then we headed back to Adventureland to meet both Aladdin and Abu

The we head back to Storybook Circus to meet Minnie

Then just for Dan, we headed back to see the Reindeer. Yes Dan, a Reindeer. Plus, there was also an elf. We were told Dan was having "Reindeer Rage!" Ha. Sorry to have caused that!

Then we went back to the Frontierland Dance party, and that raps up that night.
Day 2: Magic Kingdom/Hotels
In the morning, we used a fast pass meet Mickey first thing...

Then we went to meet Marie

Then we rode some rides and it was time for the parade. We got a good spot right at the very start of the parade.
There was a special pre-parade with the Carriage from the new Cinderella Movie

Then it was Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade

The pointless box (in my humble opinion...)

Oh and here come Dan's favorite characters in this parade...

The to the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It Street Party or, as it's sometimes referred to, the "#Selfie Party"

Then it was off to Tommorowland where we saw Stitch, partied with the Incredibles and rode the Carousel of Progress.
Then we ate an early dinner, rode some rides, etc. until it was time to leave for our yearly tradition of visiting the hotels to meet special holiday characters.
Boardwalk Inn:

Beach Club:

Kidani Village:

Wilderness Lodge:

Grand Floridian:

Then we had a dinner at 1900 Park Fare:

That ends day 2.
Day 3: Epcot/hotels
Today we started our day at the Old Key West resort to see their holiday character. It was Santa Goofy:

Then we headed to Epcot and thanks to four minutes of extra magic hours, we were first to meet Pluto:

Then we went on the Living with the Land. Then, we were first to meet Chip and Dale:

Then it was time for our Cape May Café breakfast:

Then we headed back to Epcot and met Duffy and Donald:

Next, we had fast passes for the Character Spot, but we had a complication. Knowing we had fast passes for the Character Spot later in our visit, we skipped it and met Winnie the Pooh and Tigger:

Then off to the hotels...
Beach Club:

Polynesian:

Contemporary (this hotel used to have a really nice backdrop but this year, due to the Frozen gingerbread house, they changed it to a much less appealing backdrop):

The Contemporary Hotel holiday backdrop was a major disappointment from previous years. When I asked the cast member what costumes the characters would be appearing in, he said "Christmas." Then I asked specifically which Christmas outfits and he said "you know, Christmas!" These were the "Christmas" Chip and Dale outfits (they do go pretty nicely with the backdrop):

Took some pictures of the new gingerbread display:

Then we had dinner and went to bead.

Day 4: Hollywood Studios/Hotels:
We got up early, once again, and went to Saratoga Springs:

Then we headed to Hollywood Studios where our friend was already on line for Hiro and Baymax. We plop our other friend on line for Mickey and we go meet Minnie:

Then we waited a little bit and Mickey came out:

Then off to meet Hiro and Baymax:

Baymax was glad to do a fist bump! We then had breakfast. After that we meet Daisy:

Then we got on line for and met Phineas and Ferb:

After that we saw Muppet Vision 3D:

Meanwhile our friend was on line for Santa Goofy. The line ended up being REALLY long. But he came out and it is always great to see him:

When heading to One Man's Dream we saw a Green Army Man:

Then we had lunch and walked around the park:

Then it was time for Palooza, it was mostly regulars except the Evil Queen, Bert, and the Fox in the picture. Here is Brer Fox he was the only character we meet:

This will not be the last we see of him. Then it was time for hotels. Tonight we had met every character in every hotel already but we met Minnie in Coronado Springs because we were first on line.
Coronado Springs:

Then we had dinner and went to bed.
Day 5: Animal Kingdom/Hotels/Magic Kingdom
Today we started with back-to-back activities - a holiday character at 8:30 am, immediately followed by a breakfast at 8:40 am.
So we first went to Old Key West to see who was there this morning and it was Mickey in an outfit I had never met him in:

Then we ran (ok, drove really quickly) to the Four Seasons for breakfast with Goofy and Pals. It was empty but they sat everyone in one area with bad lighting and we were seated right where the Cast Members came in and out of the kitchen, so they were in half our pictures. But the food was good and the characters, though not plentiful, were in cool costumes:

The hotel had a nice Gingerbread display:

Then off to Animal Kingdom! First, we had our friend get on Goofy and Pluto's line. Then we got on line to meet Donald:

After we went to meet Daisy:

Then it was time to meet Goofy and Pluto:

Then we rode some rides and had a fast pass to meet Mickey and Minnie:

Meanwhile, our friend was supposed to be on line for Baloo and King Louie but she decided to go grab some Yack and Yeti before getting on line (thanks a lot, mom). So we got some new fast passes and waited a little bit and meet Baloo and King Louie:

Then we went on a ride. After that we headed straight to Rafiki's Planet Watch to find this:

At first, we thought it was a line but it turns out they were playing a game (like Hot Potato except using two acorns)!?!? It didn't make sense to me, along with other confused guests trying to get pictures with Chip and Dale, but they kept playing. Eventually they started a line for a meet and greet. We found out later that they stopped playing the game due to all the negative feedback. We did eventually meet Chip and Dale:

Then we stopped by the un-festive Rafiki (they couldn't find one extra red scarf for him?):

Then we headed back to Discovery Island to meet Tarzan:

Then we headed to the Dinoland-Dance-a-Palooza:

Then, thanks to a key executive of characters at Animal Kingdom who had seen us meeting almost every character in the park, we had a magical moment with...
THUMPER!!!!!

Then we headed off to hotels...
Polynesian: (Lilo added some white to her flowers this year and stitch went without the flowers):

Caribbean Beach Resort:

Contemporary:

Then we headed to Magic Kingdom and met the ladies in Pete's Silly Sideshow:

Then we saw a Totally Tomorrowland Christmas:

Then we headed to our Crystal Palace dinner reservation:

That ended our day with more tomorrow.

Day 6: Epcot/Hotels/Animal Kingdom:
Originally we had three hotels this morning but it turned out two of them had Santa Goofy scheduled to meet, so we limited it to two hotels.
Port Orleans- Riverside:

Saratoga Springs:

Then off to Epcot. We rode some rides and then went to the Character Spot:

We then rode some more rides and roamed around. We then went to meet Duffy again:

We ate lunch in Japan and then headed to Animal Kingdom for the Dinoland-Dance-a-Palooza: (It was the same characters except Timon was replaced by Rafiki and Slim did not come out due to it being a little slippery). We then took a rest in our room. After we went to Fort Wilderness. We arrived and asked where Crocket's Tavern is located since that is where the character will be meeting. They tell us we have to take a bus to the other side of the property. We decide that we should take the car instead because (we think) it will be faster. Well there is NO car parking. So after almost being hit by 20 golf carts and leaving the car siting near a random gate, we finally met Donald:

Then we had dinner and went to bed. Fort Wilderness was the last hotel. We will be leaving tomorrow after the Dinoland dance party. I have a feeling a surprise is in store!
Day 7: Animal Kingdom/Goodbye
TBC
edited by wp on 12/29/2014
edited by wp on 12/31/2014
edited by PeterPanFan on 1/26/2015
edited by wp on 1/27/2015
0 permalink
12/26/2014 9:22 PM
maxlover123
Minnie Mouse
maxlover123

Hey Dan, I wonder what medicine the doctor has for "Reindeer Rage".
+1 permalink
12/27/2014 9:33 AM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Just updated now you see day 3! Day 4 to come soon.
edited by wp on 12/27/2014
0 permalink
12/28/2014 2:32 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Awesome report so far!

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
12/28/2014 3:41 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Love it

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
+1 permalink
12/28/2014 3:51 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Thanks everyone for commenting! Going to start on the next part now.
edited by wp on 12/28/2014
0 permalink
12/28/2014 5:01 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 4 is up! 5 soon to come.
0 permalink
12/28/2014 5:45 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Ok now we have 1-5 up and 6-7 to come! Thanks again to that executive at Animal Kingdom for creating that Magical Moment.
0 permalink
12/29/2014 1:52 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Amazing report. So many awesome characters.
I need to meet more Bugs Life characters, especially Slim!!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
+1 permalink
12/29/2014 4:45 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Yeah slim is cool but is weird in a dance party because of his size! But he would be awesome for a meet and greet.
0 permalink
12/29/2014 5:28 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It's cool you met the reindeer too!! 😃

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
2/24/2015 8:30 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 7: Animal Kingdom/Goodbye
First, I would like to apologize for how late this portion of my Holiday week 2014 report is, as I have been very, very busy lately. Now on with the report:
We arrived in the park and met Donald:

Then on our way to our Mickey and Minnie fastpasses, we saw Baloo and King Louie walking in wearing their holiday scarves:

Then we met Mickey and Minnie:

Then we had lunch at Tusker House:

Next, it was off to the DinoLand Dance-a-Palooza, and who would you assume would be there on Christmas? VILLAINS?!?! The characters were fairly standard: Rafiki, Timon, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and Governor Ratcliffe!!! What?! Gov. Ratcliffe NEVER appears here so we were SOOOO excited:

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed my report. Here are some highlights from my trip. Enjoy:
0 permalink