Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Dapper Day

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
1/21/2015 5:45 PM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

Has anyone here ever been to a Dapper Day event in any of the parks?
They're mostly huge in Disneyland Anaheim it seems, but WDW and DLP have them as well.
I'm going for the first time this year (in DLP, it's been something I've wanted to do for years) and I was wondering if others had been to one and what your experiences were?

(For those wondering what I'm talking about, click this link ^^)
0 permalink
1/22/2015 8:47 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

hildekitten Wrote:
Has anyone here ever been to a Dapper Day event in any of the parks?
They're mostly huge in Disneyland Anaheim it seems, but WDW and DLP have them as well.
I'm going for the first time this year (in DLP, it's been something I've wanted to do for years) and I was wondering if others had been to one and what your experiences were?

(For those wondering what I'm talking about, click this link ^^)

As far as I know, it's not a big thing in Paris..

--
Black sorcery is my cup of tea...

Memories you'll keep long after...

www.madmadamgaetane.com
0 permalink
1/26/2015 12:20 PM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

Well hopefully it'll gain popularity so it'll become as big as in Disneyland Anaheim.
0 permalink
2/20/2015 2:28 AM
LastLadybug
Minnie Mouse
LastLadybug

The pictures I've seen from Dapper Day Paris look okay but quite underwhelming compared to what one gets to see from the U.S. (Quite strange considering Paris is a major capital of fashion... one would think this event would be embraced in an instant...)
I'd like to go myself this year but not sure if I'll manage.

--
Last trip: DLP 18.04.-19.04.2015

Next trip: DLP 03.10.-04.10.2015
0 permalink
2/20/2015 10:06 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I think a massive issue with this is that neither Dapper Day nor Disneyland Paris do any real effort when it comes to promoting the event.
On the Dapper Day site it's nothing more than a byline and Disneyland Paris doesn't even list it on their events page.
Sure, DLP isn't organising it, but surely if they listed it online so people would know it was happening they'd actually get some more bookings out of it which means more income for them. So from that point of view listing it would only be positive for them.
0 permalink
8/17/2015 3:36 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

And it starts already.
So this morning I got an email with the Dapper Day program, super cool of course:
http://dapperday.com/fall-2015-disneyland-paris

It lists Plaza Gardens, so I rang them up to book for 2.
Guess what, the lady on the phone told me that the restaurant is closed from the 21st upwards.
A friend of mine looks into it: no closure listed.
Lady on the phone is insistent it is in fact closed, no reservations are possible on the 26th, and didn't even know what Dapper Day was.
Well done DLP, well done.
Either that or the Dapper Day organisation didn't check things properly, or both of them got their wires crossed.
0 permalink
8/18/2015 1:51 AM
LastLadybug
Minnie Mouse
LastLadybug

DLP really has no idea about the event whatsoever! When we were still thinking about trying to get group rate tickets for attendees I did not have the feeling they got what I was talking about on the phone and would not make any offer whatsoever without a definitive number of people.
Maybe it's some legal system thing (like you can't get an immediate refund in France if something goes awry), but impossible to get my point across on the phone. They were very friendly, though, so no complains there.

The restaurant dilemma really happened due to the fact that there is really no closure dated online (only a change of operating hours from the 21st onward could be found) and also it seems that buffet restaurants don't do reservations in CA so the organizer probably thought we should be fine before I told him that we should better make a reservation...

So it really seems to come down to both operating differences between CA (maybe FL) and Paris and the fact that Dapper Day is still so small in France that maybe DLP haven't done their math yet and figured out it's a real thing.

--

0 permalink
8/18/2015 1:54 AM
LastLadybug
Minnie Mouse
LastLadybug

But! there are plans on doing more promotion for Dapper Day in DLP in the future, also in circles outside the hardcore Disney fandom. And next year sees the first spring soirée, too, and I am really excited for that. :3

--

0 permalink
8/18/2015 8:35 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I just really hope that DLP actually bothers to inform their CMs at the gate September 26th, so people all dressed up don't get told they can't get in looking the way they do XD
You would think, that Disneyland Paris, considering the fact they can use all the money they can get, would do more of an effort to have Dapper Day run smoothly, and to profit of it being organised in the park. But apparently, that would be too logical and efficient XD

I'm actually surprised no one reached out to the European steampunk and dieselpunk communities, Dapper Day is an even right up to their alley. Heck, even the J-fashion groups would love it.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |