Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Your Dream After Hours Event

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
2/17/2015 6:44 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

So basically, if you had all the money in the world to use and you could do any theme for an after hours event at any Disney Park, what shows, parades, characters, theme, decorations, fireworks etc would you have? This is just simple brainstorming!
0 permalink
2/18/2015 4:57 AM
LastLadybug
Minnie Mouse
LastLadybug

Oh, THIS is one for me! Behold imagination running wild!

I'd host my event at Disneyland Paris (my "home park" so to speak) and have some streetmosphere victorian-edwardian dressed Castmembers (see "Welcome to Spring" costumes from last year) roam Main Street U.S.A. to the sound of some nice live music. Throw in Mary Poppins and Bert and it makes for a very nice welcome to the evening.
Victorian dressed Mickey and Minnie at the Boarding House (does anyone remember the old red-and-white Main Street costumes those two had in the nineties?!), Donald and Daisy in similar fashion at Casey's Corner. Not sure where to put the other VIPs for the time being, but I'm open to suggestions.

Blue dressed Aurora and Prince Philipp meeting on that little platform next to the Dragon Cave entrance in front of the Castle, Rapunzel and Flynn on a tangled-style-decorated Royal Castle Stage. The thorn hedge decoration from last Halloween on Castle Courtyard with a Villain Meet & Greet .
Belle (blue peasant dress!) and Gaston roaming Fantasyland, Alice and the Hatter at the teaparty photolocation while (ALL!) the other Alice Characters roam the labyrinth (autograph session scavenger hunt-style! )
Mulan and Mushu near It's a Small World, Snow White and Cinderella meeting in the pavillion, probably with matching princes.
I'd probably throw in Esmeralda and Clopin (in a new, better looking costume!) somewhere, too, probably also roaming the area.
Also Star Wars characters in Discoveryland along with some sweet steampunky streetmosphere around the Nautilus and Space Mountain...

Hook & Smee taking turns with Peter Pan, Wendy and her brothers either on/by the pirate ship or at the photolocation next to the Chalet de la Marionette Restaurant.
Jack Sparrow would be meeting close to the Pirates attraction of course as well as Davy Jones and Tia Dalma on a second spot somewhere close (a girl can dream, right?!). The Aladdin crew would take turns at the magic lamp location and maybe roam the entrance to Adventureland a little.

As for Frontierland, the Phantom and Melanie would do Meet & Greets on Boot Hill, Jack and Sally would be meeting nearby, probably in their usual location from Halloween. Lots and lots of streetmosphere here with Lavinia Rose doing smithing demonstrations on that decorated spot near Big Thunder Mountain and CanCan shows all night long at the Lucky Nugget Saloon!
I'm quite tempted to put Tiana and company on the riverboat but I'm not so sure how well that mixes up with the roaming cowboys and stuff. *g*

I'd have the Once upon a Dream parade back because I really, really miss it and maybe create a new nighttime parade. Also: Disney Dreams of course!
And something on Chaparrel Stage that is not Frozen-related... probably a nice revue or something: Princesses and Villains and Pirates and Grim Grinning Ghosts and the like. ^^

That's it for now, I know I have some things missing, but I'm not quite sure where to put them.

--
Last trip: DLP 18.04.-19.04.2015

Next trip: DLP 03.10.-04.10.2015
0 permalink
2/18/2015 12:12 PM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I'd set up an awesome steampunk & dieselpunk event.
And definitely get all the awesome traveling steampunk things from Remue Ménage, La Machine and Royal Deluxe.
0 permalink
2/18/2015 7:39 PM
Dancer_Jonathan
Minnie Mouse
Dancer_Jonathan

I'd set up a Villain event. Like the Villains Unleashed.
0 permalink
2/19/2015 4:47 PM
RogerDreamfinder
Chip 'n' Dale
RogerDreamfinder

I'd honestly love some of the less remembered characters in America or characters that are used over in the other countries come for one night to Disneyland.

Over in Tomorrowland, Angel and Stitch are holding a party for their fans.

In Mickey's Toontown, Roger and Jessica are doing a party with The Three Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf and Don Karnage.

On Main Street, Oswald and Horace are doing a 1920's style party.

In Critter Country, Br'er Rabbit is holding a bit of a celebration, and invited Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear to come join.

In Fantasyland, the March Hare has taken over the Mad Tea Party with help from the Cheshire Cat and Queen of Hearts.

Over in Frontierland, Zorro has come back for a one night only event.

And in Adventureland, King Louie and Baloo are holding a reunion with Mowgli.

--
My only purpose in life is to make people LAUGH! -Roger Rabbit

"One little spark lights up for you!" -Dreamfinder
0 permalink
the topic is closed |