Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » New Duck Tales!!!

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
2/25/2015 8:27 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I just saw this posted!

This is Not a Drill: We’re Getting New DuckTales in 2017!

So we have to wait until 2017 but it is supposed to have all the same characters we know and love! If it is half as good as the original it will be amazing! Maybe we will see some of the characters in the parks again (especially since Disney Channel seems to be the best about synergy with characters in the parks!) but either way I can't wait!!
edited by PeterPanFan on 2/26/2015

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+2 permalink
2/25/2015 12:43 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I'm really hoping the characters will make more frequent appearances too! Fingers crossed!!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
+1 permalink
2/25/2015 1:36 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Jon....DuckTALES :-p

As you can imagine, I'm beyond happy and excited. This is just amazing news...

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
+1 permalink
2/25/2015 4:24 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Even if this show is awful, it will still be a huge hit, because...*clears throat*

The worst of messes... Become SUCCESSES! DuckTales! Woo-oo!
+1 permalink
2/26/2015 4:20 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

YUSH!
I'm 50% massively excited and 50% full of dread.
But generally I can appreciate anything that has Launchpad in it Big Grin

My only real worry is that they make it CGI (the really badly done kind you so often see in Disney cartoons) rather than the really nice CGI they reserve for their movies. Frankly, making it CGI instead of traditional animation will make me sad anyway, but the bad variety would be a slap in the face for the old fans to be honest.
edited by PeterPanFan on 2/28/2015
-1 permalink
2/26/2015 5:34 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Their TV animation has been, in general, quite good as of late. Gravity Falls and Wonder Over Yonder are both traditional animation, and I'm quite fond of both. In fact, of the recent Disney XD animated releases, I think the only CG one is Star Wars Rebels, and part of that is, I'm sure, because many of the same people that worked on the Clone Wars are working on this.
+1 permalink
2/26/2015 7:14 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

mattblack Wrote:
Their TV animation has been, in general, quite good as of late. Gravity Falls and Wonder Over Yonder are both traditional animation, and I'm quite fond of both.

Don't forget about the fantastic new traditionally-animated Mickey Mouse shorts.

Not to mention Phineas & Ferb, The 7D, etc., all of which are also wonderful hand-drawn shows as well.

The only CG Disney animated shows currently on the air are Star Wars Rebels and some of the Disney Junior shows, but some of those CG shows (especially Rebels and Sofia the First) are very well done and amazing.
0 permalink
2/26/2015 3:35 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

If it is CG, then you can get a feel for how it'd be by watching the Mickey's Christmas specials, there's two duck focused segments, one where the boys go to the North Pole and spend Christmas Day at Scrooge's mansion - I actually thought this was quite well done.

However, of course I'd rather it be hand drawn.

--
--
0 permalink
2/27/2015 5:30 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I could see them going traditional just to keep it distinct from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
0 permalink
2/27/2015 11:16 AM
Timotheus10
Chip 'n' Dale
Timotheus10

I was there at the studio when they announced that they were bringing back DuckTales. I had an audition there that night, and that's how I found out. And from what I saw, it looks like they'll probably be keeping it hand-drawn. Also, I don't think they'll put it on Disney Junior, as I don't believe it belongs there. The only other show I know will be on Disney Junior is The Lion Guard.
0 permalink
3/3/2015 4:46 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Timotheus10 Wrote:
I was there at the studio when they announced that they were bringing back DuckTales. I had an audition there that night, and that's how I found out. And from what I saw, it looks like they'll probably be keeping it hand-drawn. Also, I don't think they'll put it on Disney Junior, as I don't believe it belongs there. The only other show I know will be on Disney Junior is The Lion Guard.

Yeh they already announced it's an XD show

--
--
0 permalink
3/3/2015 5:06 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

JoelMcDuck Wrote:
If it is CG, then you can get a feel for how it'd be by watching the Mickey's Christmas specials, there's two duck focused segments, one where the boys go to the North Pole and spend Christmas Day at Scrooge's mansion - I actually thought this was quite well done.

However, of course I'd rather it be hand drawn.

I LOVED this style of the characters!

0 permalink
3/4/2015 1:40 PM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that, because I don't like that CGI style at all
So I'm going to continue to hope for hand drawn.
0 permalink
3/4/2015 6:30 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

The only CG I'd be happy with would be if it's close in style to Kingdom Hearts.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |