Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Ant-Man review

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
7/16/2015 11:08 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

If anyone is interested, I have posted my review of Ant-Man on our new Two Lost Boys blog.

http://twolostboys.com/B6_AntManashortreviewandhowIgotintoMarvel.aspx

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
7/17/2015 1:51 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I saw there may be spoilers and shall read it later.
In my opinion Ant-Man (be it Hank Prym or Scott Lang) is one of the most BORING superheroes Marvel has (sorry to those to disagree, but that's how I feel, I'm GLAD he's not in Avengers!) so I'm NOT looking forward to it. But Bert was talking about it so I may have to.
Then again I didn't want to see Age of Ultron either so maybe this will surprise me.

Dan if you want to check out some comics, I can really recommend the Marvel Now Thor series. I also love Rocket Raccoon and Groot but I'm not sure what you'd think of that.
The Guardians of the Galaxy comics seem to be ok too (Bert reads those).

Also (just in case you didn't know yet): you can go onto the Marvel site and even without a subscription read some issues for free
That way you can see what you do and don't like at first issue

Personally I'm most looking forward to the upcoming Thor 3: Ragnarok and Steven Strange movie.
But I may go see the new Fantastic Four too. Don't know yet.
If it helps me escape Ant-Man then definitely haha
Ant-man < Fantastic Four ^^
0 permalink
7/17/2015 2:32 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

I'll read it after this weekend - don't want to see any spoilers! Hah! I haven't even read any IO reviews either, I can't believe we still have another week to wait in the UK!

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
7/17/2015 6:02 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I think the problem with Ant-Man among comics fans is that, in about the 2000s, writers began to revisit the "domestic abuse incident" and made it a bigger deal than it had been in the comics, while at the same time ignoring that the Wasp did some equally awful things at that time too. (Remember, she sees Hank having a mental breakdown and instead of encouraging him to seek professional help she decides to exploit his fragile emotional state to get him to marry her, because women in comics weren't written very well in the 1970s, generally speaking.)
0 permalink
7/20/2015 4:31 AM
Liesel
Chip 'n' Dale
Liesel

Normally tonight is Ant-Man night for me.... Curious... I liked all the other Marvel movies so far... so hopefully I won't be disappointed this time.
0 permalink
7/24/2015 4:19 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Liesel, what did you think of Ant-Man?

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
7/27/2015 5:47 AM
Liesel
Chip 'n' Dale
Liesel

DisneyDan Wrote:
Liesel, what did you think of Ant-Man?

Hi

It was good! Enjoyed it and def. not disappointed but not compar. with The Avengers.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |