Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Fantasia photo location?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
7/22/2015 4:27 AM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

Okay, while searching for certain Disney characters, I found this photo of Hyacinth Hippo and Madame Upanova:

https://static.dyp.im/8JSzDeBvho/073d4d34ef8f81c728fc7fdd33b5303e.jpg

I've seen numerous images of Upanova/Hyacinth in Spectromagic, the Easter Parade, and a few rare meet-and-greets.
I've been lucky to have my photo taken with both of them at EPCOT as a rare treat.

BUT WHERE WAS THIS PHOTO TAKEN?

I've tried running all kinds of cross-searches to figure out its origins... it looks like a parade or stage show of some sort (carousel in the background?)
This version of Hyacinth isn't like any version of her costume I've seen before, and Upanova looks like her usual non-Spectromagic self.
I just assume it's either an obscure show/parade from outside the US (thus searches in English may not come up with anything), or it's from one of the lesser known venues like a Cruise Line or Disney Live.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PUZZLE?

thanks,
- FluffyJackal
+1 permalink
7/22/2015 1:33 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I have searched everything I can think of, and I have absolutely no idea. It'll be a mystery for all time!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
7/22/2015 4:19 PM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

Could it be a rehearsal for Shanghai? Hmmm....
So many questions.
0 permalink
7/22/2015 4:27 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Where did you find it? In what context was it being used?

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
7/22/2015 4:36 PM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

Wait! After searching a bit again to find the origin of where I found the photo, I got it!
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~dora/disney/chara/Fantasia/hippo.htm

Google translated that into English as:

""Birthday: November 13, 1940
Debut works: Fantasia
Hippopotamus ballerina . It represents the " noon " of the day . It appeared in the " dance of the time " of A · Ponkyeruri .

Where you can meet the hyacinth - Hippo in Land
· Once Upon A Mouse

Where you can meet the hyacinth - Hippo at Sea
· -----""

So Mystery solved kinda?
I'll still have to search for more of these photos and see what comes up (I'll post findings).
Thanks for your help.
0 permalink
7/22/2015 7:11 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Go to 26:15 and you will have your answer.

Joel, you need to go to 10:45!!!! OMG!!

edited by DisneyDan on 7/22/2015

--

Dan.
+2 permalink
7/23/2015 1:15 AM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

WOW, this thing is like the Holy Grail of Character appearance... how did we no know about this til now? ^___^

Thanks for your help.
0 permalink
7/23/2015 9:08 AM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

This show is pretty great in terms of the characters it had! Si and Am, wow! Also, I prefer Bo Peep as a face character. Yes, this is a musical-type show but I remember seeing a video of her as a face character in a castle show at Tokyo Disney too.
0 permalink
7/24/2015 3:52 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

They just don't make shows like this any more, sadly. Even Tokyo shows aren't as awesome as this any more, and yet Tokyo still top the board on that front. Oh to have a time machine!!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |