Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Viewing Cars 2 at the El Capitan and the World Grand Prix Attraction

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
8/5/2011 5:37 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I finally got to make my way to the El Capitan Theatre to watch Cars 2. For those unfamiliar with the El Capitan Theatre, it is one of the classic movie houses of Hollywood located kitty corner from the historic Grauman's Chinese Theater. It is owned by the Walt Disney Company and serves as their flagship theater where they premiere most of their movies.

Cars 2 playing at the El Capitan Theatre by Loren Javier, on Flickr

I usually try to watch Disney's first run movies there because they usually do something special. In this movie's case, they've set up a "World Grand Prix" attraction at Hollywood High School located behind the movie theater.

The Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

The attraction is nicely designed that takes you from Radiator Springs to Paris, Tokyo, the United Kingdom and Porto Corsa.

The Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

There are some fun little jokes along the way.

For the most part, it's is geared toward kids, with slides and bungee swings and coloring areas.

They have a nice exhibit of classic international cars from the Petersen Auto Museum that is worth exploring.

And, there is an "Auto Shop" full of Cars merchandise.

Auto Shop at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

It's also fun getting your Photo Finish photos.

Photo Finish Photos taken at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Photo Finish Photos taken at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

But, the cool thing (and the character part of this update) is that they have meet spots not only with Lightning McQueen and Mater, who I've met frequently at Disney California Adventure, but with Finn McMissile, whom I've never met before. They had toured around the country on the "Agents on a Mission" tour presented by State Farm, but, I missed when they were in Los Angeles. So, I was very excited to see Finn McMissile here.

Meeting Lightning McQueen at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Meeting Mater at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Meeting Finn McMissile at the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Attraction at the El Capitan by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Overall, I thought the "World Grand Prix" attraction was a fun time!

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
8/6/2011 8:26 AM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

seems like fun maybe i will check it out thanks loren

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
0 permalink