Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Pocahontas' New Look?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
11/9/2013 11:36 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I can't find the thread about the new looks for the Princesses in general, unless it's in one of the park specific boards, so I'll start a new one.

Anyway, at Animal Kingdom last week, I met Pocahontas (actually, I met her twice- once there and once over in Hollywood Studios). I was quite surprised to see her with an alternate costume. Take a gander.

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it does make for a more formal look when with the other princesses for special occasions; Pocahontas looked really out of place during the Merida coronation earlier this year. On the other, it seems a bit... I don't know. I like it, but it doesn't... pop? Granted, some of the other Pocahontas redesign drawings I've seen have been a bit stereotypical or too designed, overdosing on feathers and fur. Still, it's a good start overall, as she does need something aside from her Wilma Flinstone attire.
0 permalink
11/10/2013 5:40 AM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

That is her cold weather outfit, not a redesigned outfit.
0 permalink
11/10/2013 9:04 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Ah. I initially thought that was what it might have been, but as the weather was actually quite warm when I was down there, I thought it might be another redesign. I'd never actually seen that outfit, so I was somewhat surprised.
0 permalink
11/12/2013 4:49 PM
Dan - Tasmic!
Bullseye
Dan - Tasmic!

I wonder if they will change her look here at Disneyland, as well. She is rarely even out/
0 permalink
11/13/2013 1:09 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

At the Halloween party it was the standard outfit, even when all other princesses were wearing those jackets.

The lead CM at the Princess Photo Stop for the party said she's now considered a "special events only" character. I really had to make an effort to catch her at the Halloween party.
edited by Vala on 11/13/2013
0 permalink
1/19/2014 7:25 AM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

Vala Wrote:
At the Halloween party it was the standard outfit, even when all other princesses were wearing those jackets.

The lead CM at the Princess Photo Stop for the party said she's now considered a "special events only" character. I really had to make an effort to catch her at the Halloween party.

Are you talking about Disneyland? Because she is still a regular meet & greet character at WDW. She is regular at DAK and at the Random Character Pop-Ups at the Studios.
0 permalink
1/19/2014 9:02 AM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

Vala Wrote:

It's the characters choice as to what version of costume they wear. Pocahontas just must have not been feeling the cold as much as the other Princesses that night.

Pocahontas has had that dress for years it is not a redesign.
edited by ssaamm on 1/19/2014
0 permalink
1/19/2014 12:45 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

ssaamm Wrote:

I apologize for the misunderstanding - standard outfit meant the old version for me. Paris isn't quite up to date with the redesign yet, that's what I was going from.

Logan J. Kelly Wrote:

Are you talking about Disneyland? Because she is still a regular meet & greet character at WDW. She is regular at DAK and at the Random Character Pop-Ups at the Studios.

I do mean Disneyland. As I was writing a trip report about Disneyland I figured that part was self explanatory, sorry.
0 permalink
1/19/2014 1:30 PM
Jchan
Mickey Mouse
Jchan

I think the belt looks awful! Reminds me of a cow...
0 permalink
1/19/2014 4:24 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

Vala Wrote:
ssaamm Wrote:

I apologize for the misunderstanding - standard outfit meant the old version for me. Paris isn't quite up to date with the redesign yet, that's what I was going from.

I thought the Paris and American outfits were and had always been the same :/
0 permalink
1/19/2014 5:15 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

ssaamm Wrote:

Like I said, Paris is a little behind with the re-designed outfits that most princesses are now wearing in the US parks. Cinderella only got her new one like 2 months ago if I recall correctly. It was first seen at the Dreamers Event in May, but she wore the old outfit at Auberge and the Pavillion for quite a while after that. I'm sure someone remembers the date better than me. Belle and Ariel were still wearing their old "original" outfits when I met them in Paris in December. Aurora is a special case because she's wearing blue in Paris anyway.

Before the re-designed outfits yes, the outfits were the same, with the exception of Aurora wearing blue for the Meets. Currently Rapunzel and Mulan are still in the same outfits as in the US parks and so is Cinderella with the re-designed version now. Snow White is still wearing the old outfit version.
edited by Vala on 1/19/2014
0 permalink
1/19/2014 5:32 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

Vala Wrote:
ssaamm Wrote:

Like I said, Paris is a little behind with the re-designed outfits that most princesses are now wearing in the US parks. Cinderella only got her new one like 2 months ago if I recall correctly. It was first seen at the Dreamers Event in May, but she wore the old outfit at Auberge and the Pavillion for quite a while after that. I'm sure someone remembers the date better than me. Belle and Ariel were still wearing their old "original" outfits when I met them in Paris in December. Aurora is a special case because she's wearing blue in Paris anyway.

Before the re-designed outfits yes, the outfits were the same, with the exception of Aurora wearing blue for the Meets. Currently Rapunzel and Mulan are still in the same outfits as in the US parks and so is Cinderella with the re-designed version now. Snow White is still wearing the old outfit version.
edited by Vala on 1/19/2014

Sorry I meant Pocahontas, she's always had the same outfit since she starting meeting in both Paris and the US as far as I know.
0 permalink
1/19/2014 7:26 PM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

I wonder whether Mulan and Pocahontas will ever get new looks. When I visited Tokyo Disney in December 2013, all the princesses except Cinderella were still wearing their old dresses. If I'm not wrong, the princesses already wear their new dresses at Hong Kong Disneyland, with the probable exception of Snow White and Ariel, since Ariel does not meet there regularly as far as I know
0 permalink
1/20/2014 12:08 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Aside from the hair being down a bit like Belle's, I haven't noticed much different in Mulan's redesign artwork. Pocahontas' is a bit... gaudy, what with all the feathers and such.
0 permalink
1/20/2014 3:39 PM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

Vala Wrote:
ssaamm Wrote:

Logan J. Kelly Wrote:

I do mean Disneyland. As I was writing a trip report about Disneyland I figured that part was self explanatory, sorry.

Oops, sorry about the misunderstanding on my part.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |