Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Character greetings in Epcot and Animal Kingdom in late June 2012

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
2/13/2012 7:17 PM
reknvan23
Mickey Mouse
reknvan23

Hello,

Great website and I was wondering if anyone has info on if there a different characters that come out for the summer months. We are going to Epcot and animal Kingdom at the end of june and should we be on the lookout for some characters that are normally not out. Thank you
0 permalink
2/13/2012 7:51 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Hiya! Welcome to the site

I havent heard anything yet; however, it is still a bit away so will try to let you know if we do hear something... since you are going at the end of June it is possible that they will be using the Good Times Gathering Spot in Camp Minnie Mickey with some extra characters since they normally make use of it during busy periods. Other than there another good place to keep an eye on is the International Gateway in World Showcase (the back entrance to the park between England and France) while there are a few spots that random characters can appear in Epcot... the International Gateway is the most frequently used throughout the year.

Hope this helps!
edited by PeterPanFan on 2/13/2012

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/13/2012 8:36 PM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

ahhh animal kingdom not one park im very familiar with those crocs give me the creeps but you never know what characters will decide to show up!

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
0 permalink
2/16/2012 11:05 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Good to see you back Captain Hook! Been a while!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/16/2012 3:36 PM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

Yes I've been a bit busy lately but I'm back and I'm glad!

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
+1 permalink
2/21/2012 4:22 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Unfortunately, rare character sightings at the International Gateway at Epcot are so random, since it appears to be the training ground for new character performers. Consequently, you never know if, when, or who may appear there. It appears thar it all depends on what has been going on with the cast hiring and training programs... Unofficial Disney Character Hunting Guide often has really nifty live facebook updates when characters appear there, but you really have to be at Epcot (or in Florida, for that matter), to take advantage of those character sightings.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
+1 permalink
4/17/2012 3:16 PM
Panchito
Minnie Mouse
Panchito

Characters have 2 main schedules a year: Summer (May-Sept) and Winter (Oct-May). At this point in time, the only rumored changes are:

MK: Pinocchio out (he's already gone) & Merida in
DAK: Thumper/Miss Bunny out & Dug/Russell in (they've already started); Flik is also out, no known replacement.

DHS & Epcot have no rumored upcoming changes.
0 permalink
7/5/2012 7:34 AM
TLRobben
Minnie Mouse
TLRobben

But really I want Flik to be back in DAK really badly. I'm expecting to meet him again when I go WDW in October and December this year. Not only do I want to see him in the Pixar Countdown to Fun Parade at DHS but to meet him again in DAK in a new greeting spot.shake head
0 permalink