Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Your Most Memorable Meet ' N Greets

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed |
4/15/2012 9:11 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

(Hope this is okay Jon & Dan, I searched for a similar topic but couldn't spot one.)

Since we have Rodnyelectro's Favourite Characters Thread, I thought it might be fun to have one where we can actually recall / discuss our favourite Disney character encounters.

So, what have been your most memorable moments? Did something extra fun happen at a character meal, or during a Disney party or special event, or even a regular parade? Or was it all part and parcel of a regular meet & greet that turned into an extra special meeting? Did it happen with a favourite character, or was it with a charrie you'd never encountered / not had much memorable interaction with before? Was it funny, touching or just plain silly and unexpected?

As Disney's so fond of saying, let the memories begin! =)

-----------------

One of my favourites happened a year or two back when a friend of mine was friends with Drizella and arranged for us to 'come & meet the family' once they had finished their last set for the evening over at the Grand Floridian character dinner, so we hopped across on the monorail from MK and met them in the garden with the Mary Poppins topiary.

It was great fun, the Tremaines are always a joy to meet anyway but this was just extra special with the sisters all bickering, sniping, complaining, and mocking Cinderella and Charming for being all lovey-dovey, and comparing their outfits with ours and wailing when Mother said 'no' they couldn't have red Crocs or a T shirt with a slashed back and to stop showing their bloomers, etc! My son was throughly vetted by Lady T so see if he was suitable for a marriage to either Drizella or Anastasia but she seemed to take a shine to him herself in the end which was his own fault for boasting he had two castles! All in all it was just an incredibly fun, crazy 20 minute experience, all of the characters were wonderful, witty and just so good to give up their time to come meet us when they could have been heading off home. <3

I have a few more memories I want to share, including my #1 favourite but I don't want to clog the thread with my waffle so I'll hold fire & wait my turn. =)
+1 permalink
4/15/2012 12:49 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Great idea!
Come on everyone, get sharing those stories!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
4/15/2012 2:29 PM
JustAnotherDisneyDork
Chip 'n' Dale
JustAnotherDisneyDork

Mine is probably meeting John Darling In Disneyland Paris. We talked for at least 5 minutes and it was funny becuase no one else seemed to bother with him only Wendy and Peter. We talked about everything, where I'm from, the weather, pirates and so much more, It really made my trip
0 permalink
4/15/2012 6:39 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Among my more memorable character encounters are when during the course of a vacation visit, a specific character performer actually remembers me and my group. So far, this has happened twice: Cinderella and DLR and Ariel at WDW. I met Cinderella at Ariel's Grotto on one day for lunch and then three days later, we met her at Goofy's Kitchen at dinner, and she actually remembered us, which felt really special. I was able to experience the same thing at WDW with Ariel... I first met her at Akershus and then five days later again at Cinderella's Royal Table, and she was a delight! Considering the hundreds of guests that characters meet every week, it is great when they do recall meeting you.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/16/2012 6:55 AM
Amz785
Minnie Mouse
Amz785

My favourite has to be meeting Jack Sparrow in DL Paris last year. He is my favourite character, and when I met him last year (in my I love Pirates T-shirt), I managed to have a decent interaction with him, asking / answering questions. As there were a lot of people around it was good to be able to properly interact, and he was also really good with all the children that were waiting for autographs / photos with him. In my opinion he dealt really well with the crowds and made everyones interaction that little bit special, and thats what it should be like
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:06 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I remember the first time I ever met Mickey, which was several years ago now, I was pretty young. I was so excited and told him that I was going to work for him some day, lol. He jumped around, hugged me and then did a happy dance with me. It was pretty funny and the photos (which are developed as this was back in the day before digital) were so cute! I should probably look them out.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:08 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

My favourite meet and greet, wasn't so much for me but for my girlfriend. Our first trip (together) at Christimas 2010 was magical but the whole time we could not find or meet Minnie anywhere. Her Meet and Greet in the studios were manned by Mickey instead on all of the days we were there which was rather annoying. So when we went back in October last year we managed to meet her at my birthday meal at Cafe Mickey. My girlfriend was so happy and it really was a magical experience. We went on to meet her about 5 more times on our 4 day trip. Amazing how one trip you can't find a character and on another you can't get away from them!

That night was great. Seeing as it was my birthday meal I had a cake and it was delivered by Smee, Hook and Gideon which was fantastic. I think they made a real effort for me aswell. It was Minnie, Mickey and Tigger who were out whilst we were eating the meal and when we got to our dessert it was still them. We were waiting for almost an hour for the cake after our dessert, but the waiter kept saying 'wait, wait, wait'. Then after almost an hour.. out came the cake followed by Hook, Smee and Gideon! Fantastic! I really enjoyed it and seeing as I love the Villains it was even more fun!

Despite my fondness for Hook and Smee, my girlfriend hates Hook, and he sensed fear.

After we got our initial photos with the 3 of them, they all went away and Tigger came back out and we were eating the cake which was delicious.

Then out of the blue, Hook came back and started tangling my girlfriend's hair in his hook and stroking her face. She was almost in tears and it was absolutely hillarious!!

It was the best night of character interaction and worth every penny of the meal and cake! It was the best birthday ever and what moments too..

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 12:08 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Great stories everyone! Keep them coming!

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/18/2012 9:54 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Shiva Wrote:
Among my more memorable character encounters are when during the course of a vacation visit, a specific character performer actually remembers me and my group.

Totally agree, these are the moments that make you feel really, really special. We've been lucky enough to have this happen with a few characters and it leaves you feeling 10 feet tall. =)

And ohhh Frollo, your poor girlfriend with Capt. Hook! You realise you should have stood up and defended her against the rotten old codfish instead of sitting there laughing, don't you?

Another of my favourite memories is of last April when it was my daughter's birthday & we were in line to see Peter Pan. As soon as he spotted her birthday pin, Peter rushed over to the little brass band that was walking around the Fantasyland area playing various tunes from the movies and made them come over to join us and play 'happy birthday' for her. While they were doing that, he got everyone else to sing along and climbed up on the railings and 'conducted' everyone in the line behind us and people just passing by. It made it absolutely magical, you have to love CMs who go the extra mile, we were laughing about it all day.

edited by Rune on 4/18/2012
0 permalink
4/18/2012 2:22 PM
rodnyelectro
Minnie Mouse
rodnyelectro

My favorite meet n greet was meeting Darkwing Duck back in 2007 and meeting the whole Beauty and the Beast cast from the Hollywood Studio show including Lumiere and Cogworth!
0 permalink
4/18/2012 4:25 PM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

My favorite Memories is to meet Disney Princess plus Mickey and Friends. Rapunzel, Mulan, Belle, and Tiana said I was a Prince. I got autograph. I tell Rapunzel that World of Color was she in was amazing! I met Rapunzel 2 times and she was my favorite princess. When i met Mulan, She say hi to me. Mulan say hi to Sonic the Hedgehog that i hold it. Me and Bertha are having a great time to meet Princess in daytime and Mickey and friends in nighttime. When I met Tiana, she said that i taste the finest food from New Orleans. I promise Tiana that i'll eat the finest Gumbo if possible.
0 permalink
4/18/2012 5:24 PM
rebray10
Minnie Mouse
rebray10

My most memorable character experience actually came during my most recent trip earlier this month. We were at the Critter Breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe. The first time Brer Fox came over to the table would be the VERY first time I meet him. Unfortunately, my dad had stepped away to get some more goodies from the buffet (which was delicious btw) so I was by myself when he came to the table (which must have looked wierd lol) and had no one to take a picture.
Luckily, later on, he saw us from accross the room and came back over to the table when my dad was back and we were able to get a picture.
It was very cool that he came back even though he had already been to our table. Its not like it wasn't busy either.
Thats what makes disney trips magical, CMs going the extra mile.

0 permalink
4/19/2012 9:26 AM
Panchito
Minnie Mouse
Panchito

I've had some great interactions... but my favorite wasn't with me, it was with my Mother's best friend.

She visited two years ago, on her first visit to WDW, and so I booked Akershus for breakfast. Several of the Princesses came and went and it was just like any other character meal, when suddenly SNOW WHITE appeared at the table.

This 60 year old woman broke down in crying hysteria and couldn't control herself. Poor Snow White was startled herself. We asked what was wrong, if we could get her water, anything.... but she just kept shaking her head no. After about 45 seconds she started to calm down and we asked if she wanted a photo with Snow White, she couldn't speak but shook her head yes. We took a picture and Snow White moved on.

When she finally calmed down we asked if Snow White was her favorite character. Her reply, "I don't know, I didn't think so.... but I guess she is!" We still laugh about it!
0 permalink
4/20/2012 1:41 PM
Mirella
Mickey Mouse
Mirella

With Gaston, he's such a flirt
He took me by the hand and walked through the park a bit.
My husband took lots of photo's.
0 permalink
4/24/2012 4:13 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Panchito Wrote:
I've had some great interactions... but my favorite wasn't with me, it was with my Mother's best friend.

She visited two years ago, on her first visit to WDW, and so I booked Akershus for breakfast. Several of the Princesses came and went and it was just like any other character meal, when suddenly SNOW WHITE appeared at the table.

This 60 year old woman broke down in crying hysteria and couldn't control herself. Poor Snow White was startled herself. We asked what was wrong, if we could get her water, anything.... but she just kept shaking her head no. After about 45 seconds she started to calm down and we asked if she wanted a photo with Snow White, she couldn't speak but shook her head yes. We took a picture and Snow White moved on.

When she finally calmed down we asked if Snow White was her favorite character. Her reply, "I don't know, I didn't think so.... but I guess she is!" We still laugh about it!

Ohh goodness, what a lovely memory. =)

Mirella Wrote:
With Gaston, he's such a flirt
He took me by the hand and walked through the park a bit.

Ohhh you lucky girl! =D
Gaston is always great fun, I've met him a couple of times and he always delivers. It's great to see him strutting about and posing.
0 permalink
4/24/2012 12:33 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Great stories everyone! Keep them coming!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/24/2012 9:26 PM
Camthalio
Minnie Mouse
Camthalio

Our best character experience was back in 2001 in DLP at Café Mickey, back then named Los Angeles Bar & Grill. We went there for character breakfast and we were seated on the upper floor. There were only a few guests and after all of them left, Chip & Dale came out and we spent a long time alone with them. They were very cute and wanted to eat our food. We had so much fun that I even forgot to take pictures, but I will never forget this great encounter.
0 permalink
4/26/2012 8:37 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

A few summers ago I went on my first trip to Disneyland and our first character meal was the PCH Grill. We were hoping to see Daisy there but sadly she was replaced by Goofy for the day. Despite the fact that the meal itself was sub-par to most of the rest of the food we ate over the course of the trip, the characters were great fun.

Stitch and I had a ten minute "conversation" about Fantasmic! and how sad he was to have been axed from the show a few years ago. He still remembered the banner routine, which we did together...I wonder if his friend is still in the show somewhere else. When I pulled out my autograph book, which had a picture of WDW on the front, he pointed at the photo to say he was still in the show there.

Later, when I met Goofy, I was positively ecstatic; Goofy is my favorite character and I hadn't met him since my trip to the World of Disney store a few years prior. I rambled on and on to him about how much he was my favorite character, but after a while Mickey took note, came over and mocked me for how obsessed I was with Goofy. Mickey proceeded to point out that I was wearing a tee-shirt with Mickey on it, not Goofy, and suggested that I was a bigger fan of him than the Goof. Goofy proceeded to go into an unused room in the restaurant and "cry". Mickey felt guilty, so he took me to go see Goofy, who I gave a big hug. Goofy gave me an autograph signed "to my biggest fan", though Mickey was a little obnoxious, getting in Goofy's way as he signed.

I got pictures with both Mickey and Goofy, of course with Stitch as well, and Pluto and Minnie were there too!! Definitely the best character experience in my life.
edited by mastromjm on 4/26/2012
+1 permalink
4/28/2012 6:37 PM
sehudson2006
Mickey Mouse
sehudson2006

My favorites...Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine - they are just so funny! Snow White and Aurora met us a couple of times and remembered my daughter - so nice! And the Genie was really funny with my daughter.
0 permalink
5/6/2012 5:42 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Anyone else have any great experiences to share?

--

Dan.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed |