Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Character Meets with your Disney Visa card

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
4/16/2012 12:31 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Disney Visa cardmembers have a private location at Disneyland and Walt Disney Resorts to meet and pose with some Disney Characters, you also get a free 5 x 7 photo. Has anyone done this, I'm going in a few weeks and wondered if it was worth it, what Characters can I meet?

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
[email protected]
http://MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:37 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

We have done this several times and I would say it is definitely worth it if the line isn't too long... at WDW it is normally 2-3 of the fab 5 in their classic outfits and at California Adventure Chip and Dale meet in really cute outfits... normally I think it is Pluto if it isn't Chip and Dale... it is just you/your group in the room/area with the characters so you can get a little more time than normal and can get better interaction so it is normally a lot of fun

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:40 PM
3BluEyedBabies
Mickey Mouse
3BluEyedBabies

What other benefits for the parks do you have with the Disney Visa? At this time, we don't have a cc at all, but if the benefits are worth it, maybe we should get one soon to plan our next trip.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:40 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The cute outfits Jon mentioned at DCA...

Meeting Chip and Dale by Disney Dan, on Flickr

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:46 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

The main benefits change from time to time so it is best to check the chase website but normally it is:

You earn 1 "point" for every $100 you spend on the card and points can be transfered to a special gift card where each point is worth $1 and can be used at the US parks and the Disney Store
10% off purchases of $50 or more at the Disney Store and some (most now I think) stores in the US parks when using the card
Several months of no interest when using the card to book disney vacations and an extra on board credit if you use it to book a cruise
Sometimes special offers to purchase exclusive merchandise (normally only pins and stuff like that)

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
4/16/2012 1:35 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Premier card offers 2% and includes gas, groceries and restaurants. Both cards offer 0% financing on Disney destiantion vacations for 6 months

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
[email protected]
http://MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
4/17/2012 9:11 AM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

The 0% APR financing on Disney vacations is great, particularly if you book your trip far in advance and make payments to Disney in monthly intervals, because you actually have 6 months from the date of each charge to pay before the interest starts up for that particular transaction. So if you put a $200 deposit down on a Disney vacation in January, you have until July to pay the $200 off with no interest. Then if you then put a $500 payment in February, you have until August to pay the $500 before the APR kicks in, etc. Pacing it buys you time. When you make payments on your Disney Visa, they chip away from the oldest charges first. I have 2 upcoming WDW vacations for this year on my card currently, and it helps a lot with the budgeting and trip planning. I also want to mention that I only use my Disney Visa card for charging my DLR/WDW vacations (I buy gas, groceries, etc. with other credit cards).
edited by Shiva on 4/17/2012

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/19/2012 10:08 AM
mickeyhunter
Mickey Mouse
mickeyhunter

In my experience at DCA, the characters are either Pluto or Chip and Dale (as pictured). For the free 5x7, I have always been allowed to choose ANY character picture on my photopass. The free picture has not been limited to just the Visa meet and greet experience.

At WDW, I have been lucky enough to catch the VIP's in different outfits. For example, I once met the Year of a Million Dream costumed VIP's in the VISA area at Epcot. Recently, I have seen Pluto, Minnie, Goofy in traditional outfits.
0 permalink
4/20/2012 1:58 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I think technically the free photo is supposed to from the ones in the special meet and greet; however, they will often let you choose any character picture like mickeyhunter said. I know we had a similar experience at California Adventure before.

That is great they were in other outfits in WDW... I think they have been in their classic outfits every time we have gone.

--
0 permalink
the topic is closed |