Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » What characters would you like to see made over?

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed |
4/23/2012 11:20 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

I know this question may cross the boundaries set by people in regards to character integrity, but here goes anyway. We have seen some great facelifts over the past couple of years that achieved appearances closer to that of the characters' original films and shorts. Captain Hook's update in 2000, Smee's in 2009, the Genie's in 2004, and Jose and Panchito's from just last year come to mind as some of the most recently successful. Looking over pictures of past visits I noticed how great the difference was and pondered the question, who do you think is most deserving of a makeover next?

I would like to see the Queen of Hearts made over. Perhaps she could become a face character, as I don't think her features would be very difficult to transfer. Also, if they insist on using the "animated" versions of the Fairy Godmother and the Three Good Fairies at some of the parks, they should be revamped to look less...creepy.

Tigger has not been revamped in many years now and he still has the incorrect black nose and no eyebrows...though I understand why they have the black nose, they could transfer to using a costume similar to the one from Disney Live shows and retain the pink nose.

Finally, I'd like to see an improved appearance on all of the Toy Story characters...most especially Woody and Jessie. Jessie appears to have no neck, and Woody is so dead-eyed that it's almost frightening. I would think they would be the most likely to get a revamp.
edited by mastromjm on 4/23/2012
+1 permalink
4/23/2012 12:56 PM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I totally agree that the Toy Story characters look plain odd, other than that I can't think of anyone else though I know there's plenty at the back of my mind. I'll be back, lol.
0 permalink
4/23/2012 6:01 PM
rebray10
Minnie Mouse
rebray10

I agree about Tigger, that costume is a bit dated.
I don't know if this counts as a make-over; but I'd like to see the Beast in human forms in the American parks. The movie just turned 20 yrs old; its time.
0 permalink
4/24/2012 4:08 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

mastromjm Wrote:
I know this question may cross the boundaries set by people in regards to character integrity, but here goes anyway. We have seen some great facelifts over the past couple of years that achieved appearances closer to that of the characters' original films and shorts. Captain Hook's update in 2000, Smee's in 2009, the Genie's in 2004, and Jose and Panchito's from just last year come to mind as some of the most recently successful. Looking over pictures of past visits I noticed how great the difference was and pondered the question, who do you think is most deserving of a makeover next?

I would like to see the Queen of Hearts made over. Perhaps she could become a face character, as I don't think her features would be very difficult to transfer. Also, if they insist on using the "animated" versions of the Fairy Godmother and the Three Good Fairies at some of the parks, they should be revamped to look less...creepy.

Finally, I'd like to see an improved appearance on all of the Toy Story characters...most especially Woody and Jessie. Jessie appears to have no neck, and Woody is so dead-eyed that it's almost frightening. I would think they would be the most likely to get a revamp.
edited by mastromjm on 4/23/2012

Ohhh you are right on my wavelength here! First of all the revamps for Smee, Hook & Genie are all very much appreciated, when I look at photographs of the older versions it's pretty scary ... Genie is my fave character and I couldn't get my kids to go anywhere near the old one!

Queen of Hearts has been on top of my 'why don't they do something for her' for ages, I agree that she could be made into a face character with sufficient 'menace' if required although since QoH can also be charming when she wants to be, a touch of that too. Maybe something along the lines of Lady Tremaine or even Snow Queen, aloof yet amenable if you broach a topic close to their heart / flatter them. I think you could have a lot of fun with a face character QoH but to keep her nicely in character she would need to maintain that larger figure. If she is sticking to a fur charrie then at least give her a facelift, every time I see her I want to say, 'but the Queen doesn't look like that' ... it's not the costume that bothers me, it's just her face, that and the fact that she's too large!

Otherer chars I'd love to see get a facelift .... yep. the 3 fairies always look so crotchetty to me too, they're supposed to be benevolent but instead they have these spooky expressions and weird eyes ... and I know the 3 little pigs are 'classic' but one of them looks so bad tempered (sorry I don't know which one it is) he's got a permament scowl though, every time we saw him in Spectro amongst the rest of the happy characters it felt kind of jarring, heh.

Trying to think who else ... Jessie yes, I agree, her lack of neck seems odd, and Buzz ... I don't think it's his suit so much as his face, again he just looks kind of spaced out / spooky to me. The Country Bears I just find plain scary, and I know this is my preference here - but Wendell at least could do with looking a bit more approachable, I always feel sorry for him whenever we see him at Millennium Village over in Epcot as there are floods of people clamouring for all the other chars training but Wendell so often is just standing around looking lonely, I've seen CM's practically beg people to go interact with him. =(

And lastly, I'd love to see something sorted out with poor Lilo, I know it's a tough call as she's only a little child so maybe it would be difficult to make her into a face character but surely not impossible ... or at the very least revamp her fur as the head doesn't match the body and she just seems odd looking, I can't describe it exactly but Stitch is so dynamic and so should she be, instead she reminds me of one of the Woodentops kind of bulky and clumsy, so yes, makeover for poor Lilo please!
0 permalink
4/24/2012 5:38 AM
Belleboy Alex
Chip 'n' Dale
Belleboy Alex

Good topic, I'm not sure which Characters should be updated. I've always found Abu to be a bit 'basic'??

As for Queen Of Hearts, I agree with a lot of your points, but I wouldn't want her to change to a face Character, since then her wart probably wouldn't be so prominent! And you wouldn't be able to kiss it, like you do with the current Character - always gets a good laugh that one!

And with Woody, I LOVE how his head is massive and locked in some creepy perma-grin!! I would be devastated if they changed it! I think that's the beauty of the Woody costume!
0 permalink
4/24/2012 8:37 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Belleboy Alex Wrote:
Good topic, I'm not sure which Characters should be updated. I've always found Abu to be a bit 'basic'??

Hahah, I forgot about Abu, agreed, he does look a bit motheaten and again, he's one of those charries with the big staring eyes that feel kind of intimidating.
0 permalink
4/24/2012 12:32 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I think that the QoH, the Tweedles, Pluto, Woody, Jessie and the Country Bears all need makeovers. I know there are more that I think need it too, but those are the ones that came immediately to my mind.
The Tweedles are awful!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
4/25/2012 7:38 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

Also, Abu! I know he isn't used a lot in the parks but he looks pretty scary too.
0 permalink
4/25/2012 10:36 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:
The Tweedles are awful!

I second that. They are in severe need of some makeover TLC!

And maybe it's not a makeover exactly, but I wish they'd give King Louis back some of his old hair, he always makes me think someone has just shaved his head whenever I see him. ¬¬
0 permalink
4/26/2012 5:07 AM
Belleboy Alex
Chip 'n' Dale
Belleboy Alex

Yep, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee are definitley odd-looking and downright creepy.
0 permalink
4/26/2012 8:24 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

Great suggestions everyone! I thought of a few more that could use some touch-ups...

It's hard to describe what I think Goofy needs, but the top section of his face no longer has the Mickey Mouse-styled "mask"...as in, his eyes are larger and are surrounded by his fur. It would be nice if this could be applied to the character costume, in addition to removing the droopy eyelids.
Chip and Dale could be a bit furrier, but Dale needs to have his lighter body color!
They need to start again from the top on Max. He hasn't been updated since the Goof Troop days and he too has received stylistic changes over the years.
The Seven Dwarfs have looked great for many years now but their wardrobes are totally incorrect (except Dopey)...it would be nice and easy to get them in costumes of the right colors. For example, Doc always wears red and brown in the animation and yet he wears yellow, blue, and orange in the parks!
Jaq and Gus should not be gray-colored...they are BROWN in their movie and even though their appearances are infrequent they are in nightly parades. I'm getting a little nit-picky here I know, but at Disneyland they have been brown for a few years now and at all the other parks they have appeared at, they are still that ugly gray and have inferior costumes.

Keep the suggestions coming! Dan, you're right...the Tweedles could use some improvements.
0 permalink
5/2/2012 7:53 AM
Amz785
Minnie Mouse
Amz785

Tigger definitely needs a makeover. I've always wondered why he seems to be luminous, would be so much better to make him more natural looking. I know he is orange but he is too neon at the moment in my opinion
0 permalink
5/11/2012 1:51 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes I think Jaq and Gus are a must. They look so wrong as grey as opposed to the brown they are meant to be..

I think that other characters that could do with a revamp are Lilo and the tweedles as well!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
2/22/2013 4:52 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Last week saw the debut of the new Marie at DLP (details here: http://www.charactercentral.net/Forum/topic694-old-disney-character-costumes.aspx?Page=2)
Who else now needs a makeover?
edited by DisneyDan on 2/22/2013

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
3/22/2013 9:16 AM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

Maybe Piglet and Eeyore?

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween at DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
3/22/2013 11:11 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I used to think Piglet needed a make over but now I quite like the way he is..

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
3/26/2013 10:16 PM
Disneydude94
Mickey Mouse
Disneydude94

Why not the Big Bad Wolf needs to be recolored?

--
Andrew Sanchez

"Our only hope that we never loose side of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.sanchez.14855
0 permalink
3/27/2013 5:00 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes, he could do with a little work...

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
3/29/2013 11:58 PM
diegogonzalez42
Mickey Mouse
diegogonzalez42

I believe that scrooge mcduck needs a makeover,because he fells outdated,he should also be found in the park more often.
0 permalink
3/30/2013 11:28 AM
peachyeve
Mickey Mouse
peachyeve

Personally I think a lot of the costumes need a few touch ups, especially at DLP where some of the costumes just look tired. Like, Jack Skellington's. I noticed his mask was cracked and dirty and his gloves looked like just ones picked up at a child's costume store! I can't even comment on Tigger - the bright fluorescent orange is just appalling.

Also a lot of the wigs look awful! Especially all the male ones, I swear some of the Princes look terrifying with their orange makeup and cheap wigs! I can't help but laugh when I see Adam and Eric especially.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed |