Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » New Look Snow White

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed |
1/12/2014 11:47 AM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

I'm not much of a fan of the other Princesses new looks, but I love this one. Her shoes and shoulder pad things finally look how they did in the film.
edited by ssaamm on 1/12/2014
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:29 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I think this is a HUGE improvement, and I can actually say I like it a lot! It's the only one of the redesigns I HAVE liked so far, lol!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:31 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

DisneyDan Wrote:
I think this is a HUGE improvement, and I can actually say I like it a lot! It's the only one of the redesigns I HAVE liked so far, lol!

That's definitely two thumbs up, I agree. My favorite so far.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:31 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Wow! I really like this one too! Most of the others I am either indifferent about or don't really like but this one is great!

Here is a picture of the old one for comparison:

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:32 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

When you look closely, you can see that there is so much more detail in the new blouse and skirt. There are patterns that add depth and detail to the design, and the colours are so much richer. It's really nice.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:47 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

I never thought the old one looked bad, but compared to the new one it looks terrible haha I'm pleased they haven't moved her bow to the side as well. Snow White, in the redesign, sometimes has it there.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:49 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, I feel the same way LOL... never thought the old one looks bad but for example now looking at the old version her white collar looks like a dog cone of shame compared to the new one which actually looks nice. Thank you for posting the pictures btw!
edited by PeterPanFan on 1/12/2014

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
1/12/2014 12:56 PM
TsWade2
Stitch
TsWade2

ssaamm Wrote:

I'm not much of a fan of the other Princesses new looks, but I love this one. Her shoes and shoulder pad things finally look how they did in the film.
edited by ssaamm on 1/12/2014
It's perfect! Thank God no side bow!
0 permalink
1/12/2014 1:40 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

Very tasteful, and actually slightly closer to the original character's dress. Love it.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 3:15 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

PeterPanFan Wrote:
Yeah, I feel the same way LOL... never thought the old one looks bad but for example now looking at the old version her white collar looks like a dog cone of shame compared to the new one which actually looks nice. Thank you for posting the pictures btw!
edited by PeterPanFan on 1/12/2014

No problem!
0 permalink
1/12/2014 3:27 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Like others have said. It's really nice, and I never thought the old one was particularly bad.

Interested to see what the rest of the remaining princess dresses to be redesigned will look like.. 😃✨

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
1/12/2014 6:44 PM
Panchito
Minnie Mouse
Panchito

Frollo Wrote:
Interested to see what the rest of the remaining princess dresses to be redesigned will look like.. 😃✨

Snow White is the final princess redesign, outside of the fabric update Aurora is currently going through.
0 permalink
1/12/2014 8:41 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

So, no redesign for Pocahontas, then?
0 permalink
1/13/2014 10:46 AM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

I like the overall look of this redesign for Snow White's costume, except for the fact that they oddly decided to make her sleeves the same dark blue color of her bodice. I also never had a problem with the original length of her skirt on the past version, since you could already see her feet/shoes, but I can certainly live with the slightly shorter length, too! =) I love that her cloak appears to be a nice burgundy color instead of the rose-pink velvet from before. Certainly, this is one of the best recent princess redesigns.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
1/13/2014 12:39 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I just posted my opinion on Castles, Capes & Clones with a comparison of the dress from the animated film. In a nutshell, hated it at first and now like it.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
1/13/2014 1:04 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I was just looking at photos on Flickr and one of the photographers I follow (Jody Slocum) has posted several photos, focusing on many of the details, of Snow White's new dress. Looking at her photos, I'm falling more and more in love with this dress. Her photostream is http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/. Check it out if you want to see some fantastic photos of the dress.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
1/14/2014 8:09 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

I feel New dresses seems more adult than old's.
0 permalink
1/15/2014 8:23 PM
willytheartist
Stitch
willytheartist

0 permalink
1/15/2014 10:14 PM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

The new dress does indeed look more true to the one Snow wears in the movie. As for the other redesigns, there are certain elements in each character's new look I like and other parts I'm not a big fan of. Snow White's seems the most like the movie
0 permalink
1/16/2014 6:39 PM
willytheartist
Stitch
willytheartist

0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed |