Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Magic Kingdom Character Check List.

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
pages: 1 2 |
2/1/2014 1:43 AM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Going to Disney World in March is there any character check list that you guys can provide so I meet everyone? Thanks so much.
0 permalink
2/1/2014 4:14 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You can visit the guide book pages of this website where you can find all location information for all characters.
If there is any specific character you want, visit their page and check out the list on the right hand panel.
You can also use the Character Finder Cheat Sheet.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/2/2014 3:54 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Thanks Dan for all of your help! I think that would be a fantastic addition to the site as well maybe a check list so you can character hunt in the park! From what I'm gathering I'm mostly looking at seeing Mickey and the gang as well as the princesses in Disney's Magic Kingdom
0 permalink
2/2/2014 8:22 PM
Lori
Chip 'n' Dale
Lori

You can meet these characters at Magic Kingdom.

Town Square
Marie
Pluto
Mickey
Mary Poppins

Liberty Square
Tiana and Naveen

Adventureland
Tinkerbell and Rosetta
Aladdin and Jasmine

Frontierland
Woody and Jessie
Chip and Dale

Fantasyland
Peter Pan and Wendy
Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine
Fairy Godmother
Gaston
Ariel
Merida
Rapunzel
Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Alice and White Rabbit
Pooh and Tigger

Storybook Circus
Minnie
Daisy
Donald
Goofy

Tomorrowland
Stitch
Buzz Lightyear
+1 permalink
2/2/2014 11:03 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Good list, but you forgot two, though they're both tricky for different reasons.

Belle- either at Cinderella's Royal Table character meal, or at Enchanted Tales W/ Belle; after the show, you can apparently line up and meet her. They don't advertise it, but apparently it can be done.

Similarly, The Beast makes appearances at dinner at the Be Our Guest Restaurant. However, good luck getting reservations.
0 permalink
2/3/2014 1:49 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Thank you everyone for you all of your help I truly appriecate it Big Grin
0 permalink
2/3/2014 1:54 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

CampbellzSoup Wrote:
Thanks Dan for all of your help! I think that would be a fantastic addition to the site as well maybe a check list so you can character hunt in the park! From what I'm gathering I'm mostly looking at seeing Mickey and the gang as well as the princesses in Disney's Magic Kingdom

That's kinda what the Cheat Sheet is that I linked to before, but that does include EVERYONE, including Halloween and Christmas characters. So having one that's more a "Easter Egg Hunt" sheet with tick boxes is a good idea, too! Sadly, it all comes own to time and resources. If I only had a money tree... LOL!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/3/2014 4:20 PM
Lori
Chip 'n' Dale
Lori

mattblack Wrote:
Good list, but you forgot two, though they're both tricky for different reasons.

Belle- either at Cinderella's Royal Table character meal, or at Enchanted Tales W/ Belle; after the show, you can apparently line up and meet her. They don't advertise it, but apparently it can be done.

Similarly, The Beast makes appearances at dinner at the Be Our Guest Restaurant. However, good luck getting reservations.

I do not include characters at meals since you can only meet them if you are at the meal. Also, you can only meet Belle if you are in the show.
0 permalink
2/4/2014 5:43 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Lori Wrote:

I do not include characters at meals since you can only meet them if you are at the meal. Also, you can only meet Belle if you are in the show.

I've heard from other guests that they do allow a number of non-show participants to meet Belle. Having not had the opportunity to do ETwB myself (2012 was too busy, and 2013 I would've had to do by myself, and I thought that might appear strange), I can't verify first hand.

Also, I think we should list the character meals and characters available in case Campbellz would like to kill two birds with one stone, as it were. Nothing like crossing a character off of your checklist whilst having a hearty meal!
0 permalink
2/5/2014 1:54 PM
Lori
Chip 'n' Dale
Lori

mattblack Wrote:
Lori Wrote:

I've heard from other guests that they do allow a number of non-show participants to meet Belle. Having not had the opportunity to do ETwB myself (2012 was too busy, and 2013 I would've had to do by myself, and I thought that might appear strange), I can't verify first hand.

Also, I think we should list the character meals and characters available in case Campbellz would like to kill two birds with one stone, as it were. Nothing like crossing a character off of your checklist whilst having a hearty meal!

I have seen Enchanted Tales With Belle numerous times and have never seen anybody that wasn't in the show meet her. She takes a picture with each participant and then she's out the door. I'd never tell somebody that they could definitely meet her when they probably can't.
0 permalink
2/5/2014 6:16 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Well, you'll note I never used the word "definitely"; I used the word "apparently", which implies some margin for error.
0 permalink
2/7/2014 7:52 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Is it possible to meet them all
0 permalink
2/8/2014 5:52 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Quite possible, if you plan accordingly and get there at park open (especially important, as some characters only meet in the morning hours, such as the Fairy Godmother). Grab a times guide.

Also, if you're staying on-site and have a smartphone, download the My Disney Experience app for two reasons. 1) You can check updates on character meet times. 2) The FastPass + system can be used for certain meet and greets- Princess Fairytale Hall, Pete's Silly Sideshow, Town Square Theater, and Ariel's Grotto. Set your FP to one of those to bypass the standby line if it's long or switch if the the wait's not too bad. They've been varying it up a bit lately with the number you get, though generally it's 3 per day, and they've since added a tier system at the other parks, and I'm not sure if meet & greets are affected. Of the meets, the Rapunzel/ Snow White side of PFH can get very long, so that's probably one you'll want to consider FastPassing.

And, again, if you want to meet Beast, check every day for the day you plan on visiting MK to see if an ADR is available. Even if not, ask at the entrance; some unscrupulous folks DO make several advanced dining reservations at multiple restaurants because they don't know what they might be in the mood for and want to keep their options open, and they often don't bother to cancel once they've made up their mind (which is why Disney has added a fee if you don't show up or cancel with less than 24-hours notice). So, it's possible though remote that a walk-in might be available.
edited by mattblack on 2/8/2014
0 permalink
2/9/2014 1:02 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

A word of warning on the app, I have been monitoring it very regularly, and I have noticed something that I am so glad I have realised before I visit in October.

When you check the app in the morning to see who will be appearing in the parks that day, it doesn't give you a definitive list for that day, you HAVE to check back regularly, because it adds afternoon appearances once some of the morning-only ones have passed.

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
2/9/2014 1:36 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

The App makes it seem like you can't meet Aladdin and Buzz at the same time due to the lines...and Princess Tiana. Ugh lol frustrating!
0 permalink
2/9/2014 1:48 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

CampbellzSoup Wrote:
The App makes it seem like you can't meet Aladdin and Buzz at the same time due to the lines...and Princess Tiana. Ugh lol frustrating!

What do you mean?

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
2/9/2014 1:58 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

If you look at the times some characters interlap over each other meaning Jasmine and Aladdin are from 315 to 415 and Buzz is from 315 to 400 it just seems like you wouldn't be able to get them all as I'm assuming the lines are long.
0 permalink
2/9/2014 7:28 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

In part, it depends on the crowd level and where you are in line. In March, I don't expect crowds to be too bad, at least not in MK. Easter is late this year, and many guests would be over at Epcot for the Flower and Garden show.

In the example above, I'd queue up for Buzz first, ideally at least 10 minutes before he's supposed to be out, maybe even earlier. Then, book over to Adventureland and meet Al & Jas.

One more thing- take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, if available.
0 permalink
2/12/2014 10:55 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Matty thanks for all of your help I appreciate it
0 permalink
2/13/2014 4:26 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Hey, no problem. On my last trip, I met approximately 50 characters or so, so I like to think that my passing on my knowledge makes all that practical somehow.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |