Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Guess who's going to Star Wars Weekends?

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
2/3/2014 2:43 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Me. Big Grin

Sometimes things can really come out of the blue... just booked WDW from May 13 to 20. Staying with my friend Sabrina in Old Key West Resort.
+2 permalink
2/3/2014 3:43 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Have fun, and may The Force be with you.
0 permalink
2/3/2014 5:21 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Awesome!! 😃😃😃✨✨

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
2/3/2014 6:16 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Awesome!! Star Wars weekends are great! just very busy LOL

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/3/2014 7:01 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

I've survived Bastille Day in Paris twice. If I survive that I can make it through Star Wars Weekends. Big Grin
0 permalink
2/3/2014 1:10 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We've been twice, most recently last year in fact. I LOVE it!
You know what's coming next... Have a look at our dedicated page, here! lol :P

http://www.charactercentral.net/L124_DisneyCharacters_WaltDisneyWorld_DisneysHollywoodStudios_StarWarsWeekends.aspx

And as Jon said, it is busy. I would go so far as saying it is Tokyo crazy busy during those weekends. Long, LONG lines, intensely hot and throngs of people like you've never seen at DHS! But, all the same, it IS awesome!
edited by DisneyDan on 2/3/2014

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/3/2014 1:11 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, once Dan is in the US we will probably make going an annual thing hehe Big Grin

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/3/2014 1:18 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah... there are certainly Tokyo level lines for some things... people camping out overnight for some of the autograph fast passes for example and three hour long lines to get into the Merchandise tent at times.

--
0 permalink
2/3/2014 2:32 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

The autographs isn't anything I care too much about thankfully. A lot of the guests having been there in the past years I met at Sci fi conventions in the UK already. Merchandise tent, Ewok Chipmunks, parade would be the main wants. Anything else is a bonus. Big Grin

Though I think I may have got my bonus already... as of 9:34 AM East Coast time I am the proud holder of... a Be Our Guest dinner reservation! Big Grin
0 permalink
2/3/2014 2:35 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Ohh nice! We still aren't sure how we managed to get our Be Our Guest reservation when we went last year LOL. Well if you go to the merchandise tent later in the day it isn't nearly as bad... it is just first thing... we don't bother with the autographs either but there is a lot of other great stuff... definitely don't miss Hyperspace Hoopla!

--
0 permalink
2/3/2014 3:05 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

I'm not quite sure either. LOL When the plan started materializing Saturday we checked the reservation system and of course Be Our Guest was the only thing booked solid. Then this afternoon I figured I'd check one last time before going off, and suddenly the page looks different. For a moment I thought the computer had died on me. LOL But no, it was showing one available time for Sunday, so even a day we were planning to spend the evening at the Magic Kingdom.
0 permalink
2/4/2014 5:45 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

My sister's friend went last year and while in line for Rock n' Roller Coaster, she got to hang out with Ray Park (Darth Maul, Toad, and a host of other action-y but silent characters).
0 permalink
3/1/2014 5:13 AM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

WDW do come out of the blue :P I've never really considered going as I'd rather do Cali and DLP, but I'm now currently planning a trip for November hehe

Hope you have fun in Florida Petra hopefully no people falling over umbrellas or other nonsense this trip for you Big Grin

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween at DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
3/26/2014 7:51 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Breaking news: There's going to be two different Star Wars themed character meals going on starting May 4 for the duration of the Star Wars weekends!

There's Star Wars Galactic Dine inn Breakfast at Sci Fi which besides Jawa and Stormtroopers also will have Greedo and Darth Vader visiting.

And... Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dinner at Hollywood and Vine! Visiting will be Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald and Ewok Chip and Dale.

1 hour and 23 minutes on the phone to Florida. I better find a very safe place to hide that phone bill. But we're booked for both on May 16. I guess besides Chewbacca that's the longest character lines covered.
0 permalink
3/26/2014 10:00 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Petra... :P

http://www.charactercentral.net/B3629_NEWSStarWarscharactermealsnowavailableforlimitedtimeinMayandJuneatWDW.aspx

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
3/26/2014 1:46 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

DisneyDan Wrote:

Did everyone but me catch that last night? LOL I saw on my breakfast break and almost had a heart attack!
0 permalink
3/26/2014 2:52 PM
Dan - Tasmic!
Bullseye
Dan - Tasmic!

Who is going to meet Mark Hamill!?!?!? Take pictures, please!
0 permalink