Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Top 10 Things to do at Magic Kingdom for FIRST TIMER :D

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
2/6/2014 4:01 AM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

OK obvioulsy I'm going to get ALL the characters that I can! However I'm going with someone who has never been to Disney! You guys are my experts! What do you guys reccomend to ensure we have a great trip (...so I can get to go on others!)

Thanks SO much

Mike
0 permalink
2/6/2014 9:19 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

A first stab at a list (of non-character meeting things and not in order)

1) Wishes
2) Main Street Electrical Parade
3) New Daytime Parade
4) Splash Mountain
5) Be Our Guest for dinner if you can get it, lunch if not
6) Space Mountain
7) Haunted Mansion
8) Peter Pan's Flight
9) Dream Along With Mickey
10) Big Thunder Mountain

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/6/2014 9:27 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Before I mention anything else, grab a 1st Time Visit button for the guest in question.

1. Trip around the Kingdom on the train
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. One of the following- Dole Whip, Turkey Leg, or Mickey Ice Cream Bar. The cinnamon buns at Main Street Bakery would be on this list, but those are no longer around following some... controversial changes.
4. The Frontierland Mountains- Splash and/ or Big Thunder
5. Be Our Guest- If you manage to snag a dinner reservation, do that. Otherwise, lunch is good too, but just get in there and take a gander.
6. Get your picture taken with at least one of the Six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, or Pluto)
7. Get your picture taken with at least one of the Princesses.
8. Space Mountain!
9. Check out the Fireworks show.
10. Guest choice- See if there's anything that he or she wants to do and then try to build around that.
0 permalink
2/6/2014 9:45 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I would definitely say have a dole whip too! (and one reason I didn't say Pirates was that the ones in other parks are much better... but if they have never been to Disney at all... definitely a must do too)

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/12/2014 12:19 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

matt thanks so much I'm going to try to do ALL of that however get pictures with all the characters as well it doesn't seem like a hard task just drag him around!

This Dole Whip sounds interesting too...also I GOTTA try a corn dog :p
0 permalink
2/12/2014 2:17 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Don't forget about the Churros!! On my first trip my fiance made me ride on Cinderella's horse on the carousel. It really made the trip more special, for me at least, doing something that not everyone knew about. Same with looking for hidden mickeys!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/12/2014 8:04 PM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

Wow great a pic!
0 permalink
2/19/2014 2:25 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Great suggestions everyone!
Cayleigh, I had completely forgotten about Hidden Mickey's - good suggestion!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/21/2014 3:04 AM
CampbellzSoup
Minnie Mouse
CampbellzSoup

In Disney World Florida where are the corn dogs?
0 permalink
2/21/2014 6:10 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Well, there are corn dog nuggets at Casey's Corner on Main Street, but I think that's closed at the moment for refurbishment. Checking the Disney Food blog, there might be a small kiosk/ stand in Adventureland.
edited by mattblack on 2/21/2014
0 permalink