Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Something New!

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
pages: 1 2 |
2/12/2014 9:43 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Hey everyone! I'm going to WDW in May and while I would like to think I have experienced everything WDW has to offer I would love to hear what everyone has to say about something that made or makes their WDW vacation special! I would love to be able to go in May and do something I've never done in the parks yet! Thanks!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/12/2014 11:26 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I have never been.. But have you tried the kitchen sink dessert?

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
2/13/2014 2:17 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

No I have not! Thank you! Thats at the Beach Club Resort right?

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/13/2014 4:24 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Something you've never done before? Have you ever gotten your picture taken with Indy after the Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios? It can be done.
0 permalink
2/13/2014 9:44 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Oh really? I had no idea you could do that! Do you just wait around in the seating area?

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/14/2014 3:29 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

After the show is over and people are filing out, head to the front near the center of the theater, you'll see a small line of people. The stuntman who plays Indy (and perhaps another performer) hangs out for a little bit for pictures and autographs.
0 permalink
2/14/2014 9:29 AM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Oh wow! Awesome! Thank You!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/14/2014 12:22 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

You're quite welcome; I just found that out for myself shortly before my last trip. One other thing for Hollywood Studios- if you've never done the Fantasmic Meet & Greet (aka Characterpalooza), check out Kenny the Pirate's site for info on that, though you'd need to make sure that Fantasmic would be on the day you're going. Finally, It looks like your trip MIGHT coincide with Star Wars Weekend. That might be fun if you like Star Wars and have never done it before (I myself have to get down there one of these years; my birthday is May 26, and I can think of no better way to celebrate!).
0 permalink
2/14/2014 12:27 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

I've been hearing a lot about characterpalooza but i had no idea what or where it was! Yeah I am defiantly hoping that my flight will be early enough to do some of the star wars stuff, because I fly down on a sunday. So i'm not sure if there is still anything going on on sunday for star wars weekends! But I hope so!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/14/2014 5:04 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Basically, on days with a Fantasmic show, the Streets of America section (the one with the Gene Kelly umbrella at the end of the block) has a mass meet and greet.

Another somewhat hidden gem- Fantasia mini-golf. Lots of fun, but no characters there, unfortunately.
0 permalink
2/15/2014 9:34 AM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Ok cool! I am definitely going to look into that during my next trip! And Fantasia mini-golf! So cool! Where can I find that?

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/15/2014 12:02 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

That is right by the Swan and Dolphin hotels; you should see signs on the road in the Epcot/ DHS area. There are two courses- Fantasia Garden, a traditional mini-golf course inspired by Fantasia, and Fantasia Fairway, which is more like a traditional golf course. Check your travel package- often, a round of mini-golf is included free, provided you get there before 4pm; it's actually any round of mini-golf at either of those, or either of the courses at the WinterSummerland mini-golf over at Blizzard Beach (though I believe the Winter side is currently closed for refurbs). I've only done the Garden, but it's fun.

As for the characterpalooza meet, here's where you can find everything you need to know.
0 permalink
2/16/2014 12:15 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Thank you so much! I'll definitely be looking into this stuff for May!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/16/2014 1:58 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

You're quite welcome, and good luck planning the rest of your trip!
0 permalink
2/19/2014 2:35 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Some that immediately pooped into my head...

Sitting by the beach at the Polynesian with a Dole Whip from Captain Cook's.
Joining Chip 'n' Dale for a movie and roasted marshmallows at Fort Wilderness.
Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness.
Water Parks.
Fireworks Cruise on Seven Seas Lagoon with Peter Pan.
Segway tour around EPCOT.
Backstage tours of all the parks.
Hotel character dining at the Grand, Contemporary, Poly and Beach Club.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/20/2014 1:59 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Oh, by the way, the new Festival of Fantasy parade will be up and running by the time you get down there, and there's a good chance that the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride will also be open.
0 permalink
2/21/2014 5:09 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Fireworks cruise? Thats one I've never heard of! Do you have to book it like a dining reservation? And i've been dying to do the backstage tours the only thing that has me on the fence is how long they are. I havent done any character dining before at any of the hotels. but for this trip I actually have a reservation for Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare, so i'm hoping those will be fun!

And the parade being running was the only reason why I was ok pushing my trip back a month from march to may! and Im hoping that the drawfs ride will be running by then too!

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/21/2014 6:20 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Ooh, 1900 Park Fare. Breakfast or lunch/dinner?
0 permalink
2/21/2014 8:16 PM
cayleigh.hall
Minnie Mouse
cayleigh.hall

Dinner! Have you been before?

--
Next Trip- July 12-17th!
0 permalink
2/22/2014 6:36 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I've done breakfast (family tradition* has it that we eat there the day we leave) but have yet to do dinner. I'm hoping to take a solo trip this year sometime between Sept-Dec (just gotta save that $$$!) and would like to do dinner then, as I hear the Tremaines are a HOOT.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |