Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Disney CEO confirms an Avengers sequel AND Avengers attractions

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
5/9/2012 11:37 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

According to the Hollywood Reporter Disney CEO Bob Iger said a sequel to the mega-hit Avengers movie is already in the works (not a surprise) and even more interestingly "The CEO also said that there are Avengers-based attractions in the works for some of Disney's theme parks." We know that Universal still holds the theme park rights for Marvel on the east coast so most likely this would be for Disneyland Resort and some of the overseas parks. I would also guess once Marvel themed attractions make an appearance in the parks Marvel characters can't be far behind. While I personally don't feel that Marvel characters would be a great fit for the Magic Kingdom style parks I can see them working well in a lot of the other 2nd/3rd gate parks around the world.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
5/9/2012 12:15 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Ahhhh thank you! A friend posted this on FB earlier today and I was wondering how it would fit with Universal having Marvel at IoA in FL so I've got a clearer picture now. Do we have any idea how long Universal's rights are by the way?

I'm not familiar enough with DL / DCA to really know how it would work there but regarding WDW, yeah the idea of Marvel appearing in MK or Epcot leaves me in a bit of a frothing state to put it mildly as the Disney / Marvel universes are two very different kettles of fish. However I can see them integrating Marvel into DHS, even more so when they already have the likes of Indy Jones, Star Wars, Muppets etc there and there are a few areas of the park where it wouldn't hurt to have a little more to see/ do. I can imagine Marvel themed Meet n Greets around the Streets ofAmerica section very easily for example.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. =)
0 permalink
5/11/2012 1:35 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

The attractions and characters would fit in nicely at the studios in Paris.

Still not convinced about the whole Marvel thing, but it is growing on me..

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
5/21/2012 5:05 AM
Amz785
Minnie Mouse
Amz785

Look forward to this, I really liked the Avengers!
edited by Amz785 on 5/21/2012
0 permalink
5/21/2012 9:44 PM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

Hi all,

To be honest, I'm not comfortable with the idea of Marvel. I really don't like the idea and find it hard to imagine them entering the world of Walt Disney's Magic. They are two completely different products. I don't object the idea that Disney could make some money out of Marvel and its products, but I personaly believe that Disney has their capabilities of producing, creating and directing their own Magic without the help of Marvel.

As a character fan and speaking of characters, I would have to say a big NO. The characters we have at Disney are MAGICAL enough to fill our dreams with happiness and excitement. I'm sure Disney will continue to introduce us to more new and Magical "Disney" characters that we could all love!!!!

The Marvel characters can remain and enjoy where they all belong to, "Universal"!!!

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
5/21/2012 10:10 PM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

I would like to include that I might accept Marvel, but under these conditions......!!!!!

1- Disney fully owns and has control over Marvel!!!!!
2- From this point on, everyhting Marvel produces is under the Disney's products line and the past history of Marvel doesn't concern Disney!

If these two conditions are met, I would be more than happy for the Disney-Marvel characters/attractions to join our Disney family!!!!!!!

This is my personal opinion!!

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
the topic is closed |