Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » A brief WDW Trip Report - May 13-22

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
5/30/2012 3:23 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Hi All! I was at the WDW Resort area a couple of weeks back, and thought I would give a few highlights and tidbits of info of what I observed from my trip. Overall, I really did not see anything out of the ordinary in terms of characters, but...

1.) At Animal Kingdom, my family saw Br'er Rabbit doing meet-and-greets in Camp Minnie-Mickey with Br'er Bear. I was not there with them that day, so I was unable to take pictures with them. My brother did take a picture of them... Thumper & Miss Bunny were also there, as well as Pocahontas and Meko.

2.) Merida never seemed to have a very long line at the Fairy Tale Garden in the Magic Kingdom. Certainly, it was nothing like when Rapunzel was there. I think this is because Brave has not been released yet. Once Brave does get released, wait times for her may increase. I did not have a chance to meet with her, partially because I am wary of meeting characters before I actually see their movie (what would I talk to her about?), and I also got very much swallowed into the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game (which is a lot of fun).

3.) Rapunzel's "new" meet-and-greet spot next to Town Hall has long lines pretty much throughout the day. You really need your cameras to have their flash setting on, because you will get really dark pictures otherwise. No Flynn, as previously reported. Rapunzel was a delight, as always, though. There is, of course, a photopass photographer here.

4.) Flynn and Rapunzel have been added to the 3pm parade on the last float. They join Belle & the Beast, Ariel & Eric, and Tiana & Naveen. I still hate the tall spires on this float, because they tend to block the characters when you are taking pictures, especially with Tiana and Naveen. I did get some good pics of Belle, Flynn, and Rapunzel. I am still hoping that the Magic Kingdom gets a new parade soon. The Soundsational Parade at DLR puts this parade to shame.

5.) Snow White now does her meet-and-greets on the sidewalk area in front of Tony's Restaurant. When I was there, her schedule seemed to start every quarter-past-the-hour and she would stay for about 30-40 minutes before going on break. Mary Poppins was also present around the corner, next to the fastpass booths for the Town Square Theater meet-and-greets. Both have photopass photographers on hand.

6.) I totally went into princess-character-meal overdrive and attended: Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus, and Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I do recommend all of them to anyone who likes this sort of thing. Cinderella's Royal Table is great for the castle ambiance and character interaction. Akershus has great food and the same princesses as Cinderella's Royal Table (though they also give very splendid character interactions). Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner's is special because you get to meet Prince Charming, and the Tremaines are superstars when it comes to character interactions. I never thought I would hit it off with Lady Tremaine, but she was great. Drizella was totally over-the-top (which was fabulous) and very entertaining. And I think my partner Mark scared the bejeesus out of Anastasia when he danced with her during the Royal Waltz thing that they do during the meal (Mark was a professional ballroom dancer for 20 years).
edited by Shiva on 5/30/2012
edited by Shiva on 5/30/2012

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
5/31/2012 2:46 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! =)

I've never done the Royal Table / Akershus, but agree that Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner is well worth trying. Lady Tremaine is great fun to talk too (especially if you can get her going about ill behaved children or finding husbands for her daughters) and Driz & Ana are an absolute hoot and quite often dar more engaging and fun to talk to than Cindy / Charming. I think you were lucky to get your partner back from Ana's clutches there, even if he did sweep her right off her feet! =D

I bet you're right about Merida's lines, they'll rocket once Brave is released, and yeah I've heard that thing about Rapunzel's new meet and greet being rather dark a few times. No doubt she's a little cooler in the shade and that little nook where they've put her is pretty but it's a shame that the shade messes up so many shots.

I still hate the tall spires on this float, because they tend to block the characters when you are taking pictures, especially with Tiana and Naveen.

Ohhh do I ever hear you. WDW really does need to sort this out / get something fresh out at 3pm. It's so hard to get good pics of the princesses on that float.

Thanks for the trip report, I love hearing stuff like this, and again, so glad you had a good time! <3
0 permalink
5/31/2012 9:57 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Thank you for the report Shiva and glad you had a good time.

I completely agree about the castle float and the need for a whole new parade... we can hope and dream >_<

Your story about 1900 Park Fare made me laugh... the Tremaines are always a lot of fun to meet.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink