Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Character Central News and Discussion » Has anyone else noticed?...

Upcoming features, suggestions and ideas, bug reporting etc
the topic is closed |
8/4/2012 2:37 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Just curious to see how many of you have actually noticed all the changes here at Character Central over say, the last 2 weeks?...
All in preparation for site version 2.0!! Big Grin

EDIT:

For those wondering...
We want to become the biggest and most comprehensive source of pictures and information regarding, well basically everything at all the parks and resorts! Our aim is to have pictures and a short description of every attraction, store, restaurant and service at every park and hotel!
I have been slowly adding hundreds of pages to the guidebook and have made great progress!
For example, our most complete one yet is Parc Disneyland at DLP, and if you go to that page, and click on any of the lands you will see complete listings for all the stores, services, restaurants and attractions, as well as the characters of course!
We still want to be a character focussed website, but want to broaden our scope a little, and be THE place that people come when they want to find out about a specific store or restaurant for example. We realise that some of the parks already have some amazing resources out there, such as WDWinfo for WDW, and we know we can never compete with them, but the advantage that we feel that we have is that we take a bazillion pictures of everything, and that's basically what we are aiming for - not just text information, but actual pictures that put everything into perspective. On top of that we hope to cover even small kiosks and windows that are normally left out of the major Internet guides. Quite often I have wondered the name of something that we saw, and do you think I can find it's name?! Nope lol. So we aim to cover EVERYTHING, so that when someone is looking for something, they can find it here

Some examples of what I am talking about...

Main Street USA at Parc Disneyland's page: http://www.charactercentral.net/L14_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandParis_ParcDisneyland_MainStreetUSA.aspx

An example of something inside Main Street USA that is complete - Main Street Vehicles: http://www.charactercentral.net/L394_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandParis_ParcDisneyland_MainStreetVehicles.aspx

Also, you may like... Fantasyland at DLP: http://www.charactercentral.net/L5_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandParis_ParcDisneyland_Fantasyland.aspx

And an example of a boutique therein: http://www.charactercentral.net/L486_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandParis_ParcDisneyland_LaChaumieredesSeptNains.aspx

There is still a LOT of work to be done, but it is all in preparation for the new version of the site, and we hope that you all continue to enjoy the site as much as we enjoy bringing it to you - and thank you all for your support, always

Let us know what you think, PLEASE!
edited by DisneyDan on 8/4/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
+2 permalink
8/4/2012 7:38 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I'm loving all these new additions, and yes while you're right that WDW for example has very conclusive dedicated info sites, I think you really make a difference with the amount of pictures provided and the friendly, informative, down to earth way you handle everything.

The photographs are of ENORMOUS value, especially for headless chickens like me who will remember info they read online right up until they get through the park gates when it promptly evaporates! (oh woe is me!) If you've looked online for example, at photos of shops of Main Street or Fantasyland, or various attractions, it's so much easier to orientate yourself and give yourself that little mental nudge. I love too that the photos are always of such great quality. Pics of food, food carts, restaurants and hotels are really useful too, as well as all the little lesser know guest services places - first aid stations, baby services, where to get an annual pass in Parc Disneyland (I'm shamelessly admitting I put that in because I read about it at DLP on another site and became quite confused but now I have a better idea of where to go once through the gates, lol!)

I'm really enjoying seeing the site grow and grow, you guys are setting yourselves an enormous task but its going to be so worthwhile and so rewarding, the WDW sites, both official and fan based all seem to lack a certain personal touch and I think this is where you can really come through, also, many miss on giving enough information, often leaving you confused because they seem more interested in funnelling you off into other places, good, concise information coupled with photos is of huge value to the park visitor.

Y'know, I had a D23 survey to fill in the other day and it asked which sites / resources I referred to for info, both 'official' and fan-based for my park info & news, and I *so* wanted DCC to be on that list, mainly because its so friendly, down to earth and accessible, I'm sorry but I find several so called big unofficial sites (not mentioning any names) really annoy me with their condescending attitude, there's no magic there any more. So, here's hoping that next time that survey comes around, we're up there with them all. =)

Sorry for going on 'n on 'n on, you should know by know I'm a waffler. But in answer to your question, I'm loving it! =D
0 permalink
8/4/2012 8:15 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

This place is always my number 1 stop for all trip enquiries anyway!

Loving the new additions to the site, thanks for pointing some of them out! Off to explore now!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/4/2012 8:44 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks Martin and Rune ALL you feedback is always greatly welcomed and appreciated
We have added LOADS! Parc Disneyland, Walt Disney Studios, Hong Kong Disneyland Park, Magic Kingdom... and a whole bunch more areas have all had new things added!
Be sure to click into things to get the full descriptions and photo sets etc Big Grin
Also added a bunch of stuff for the Cruise Line - but that's no where near complete yet.
AND, pretty much everything should have descriptions now (locations I mean)... so shows, parades, lands, parks etc all should have text with them now Big Grin
Phew, hard work! LOL! Lots more to come!

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/4/2012 12:08 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Keep it up guys! :0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/4/2012 12:09 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks, we will Hope you like everything so far! Big Grin

--

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |