Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » The one character you looked for FOREVER!

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed |
8/12/2012 10:23 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Which one character eluded you no matter how hard you tried, and even though they were out and about quite frequently?
Mine was Bullseye. I wanted to meet him SOOOO bad, but always missed him! I finally got to meet him in June 2011! Big Grin

Giving Bullseye a BIG hug!

Me and the best horse in the Wild West

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/12/2012 10:31 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Mine I still haven't met Which is Darkwing Duck... but another that I looked for a long time was Brer Rabbit who I was VERY happy to meet finally and I am very glad I have had a chance to meet him a few times since

WDW Dec 2008 - Meeting Characters by PeterPanFan, on Flickr

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/12/2012 12:59 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Well I am still looking to meet (cough) (cough) PINNOCHIO!
Here are the guys I was looking for for a long time though...

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:03 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Seriously?! Pinocchio?! Oh, you know ,I think I remember you mentioning that before in another thread. You have had some serious bad luck if you have missed him LOL! I get sick of seeing him haha :P

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:08 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes I miss him time after time after time. I also have had similar bad luck with Baloo!!

I think I told you about when we queued up for Baloo last time and he changed over as we were next in the queue and we met Rafiki and King Louie instead!

I just want to meet him once. Just once will do. I've seen him in the parade loads of times and I have seen him out and about in the parks too and normally on his way out of them!! Grrr!!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:10 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Well, in October your luck will change, I am sure of it! You will find Pinocchio in Fantasyland (either by Small World gates, or near his ride), and Baloo deep in the jungles of Africa I can FEEL it!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:18 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

MY LUCK WILL CHANGE! IT WILL!!!

Yes, it is my mission to find them! I also can't wait to see Daisy. I haven't seen her for about 7 years. I didn't go for a few years and then we've missed her on the last 3 trips. Will be catching her on the train at some poing!! :0)

I also look forward to meeting Clarice for the first time too. I also hope to strike it lucky and find Max in DLH!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:20 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You'll love Clarice! She just lurves the camera lol. Daisy used to be quite hard to find, but as you point out, she is now on the train, but also does come out in Fantasyland from time to time, as well as in the afternoon random sets in the Studios. You should easily find her.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/12/2012 1:44 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

I wouldn't say I looked for him forever...but Launchpad...before my '07 trip I really hoped that I would see him, since I'm a big DuckTales and Darkwing Duck fan, but I assumed because of his rarity that I wouldn't. I just happened to run into him at the Oasis on our second-to-last day, and boy was I happy!
Now, to find the even more elusive Darkwing... :-/
0 permalink
8/12/2012 2:03 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Good luck in your search for Darkwing. He seems to be the holy grail of all characters for a lot of people. He isn't someone who I must meet immediately. I'd settle for Pinnochio to be honest ;0)

Dan, you know the afternoon randomness in the studios. We ran in to it once, but have not been able to run in to them since. What time does it happen and whereabouts? Also, how often have the Incredibles been out recently. I narrowly missed them at the New Generation festival and have not seen them since.

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/12/2012 2:11 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Ok so characters do appear randomly off and on all day a far as I know, but then there is one big set. It usually happens around lunch time, somewhere between 12 and 1.30. I know that's a big window, but I can't remember for sure, and it can sometimes change, depending on the parade time that day. It's best to check when you visit.
The big set usually comprises of the VIPs in their Stars n Cars outfits, Ariel, Snow White, Dopey, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Jasmine, The Queen, Gaston and Cruella. There are others too, but they can change, and I don't remember them all. They spread themselves out throughout the park, so be sure to stalk the one you want the most! They don't all come out on the main park side either, some appear out front too, around the fountain area.

EDIT: I just remembered we had a page for it :P But this may be a little out of date now. I'm not sure all the same characters appear regularly these day, though a lot of them do (like the ones I listed above).

http://www.charactercentral.net/L157_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandParis_WaltDisneyStudiosPark_StarsnCarsMeetnGreet.aspx
edited by DisneyDan on 8/12/2012

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/12/2012 5:43 PM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

The one I looked for the Character is Mrs. Incredible. since 2006 at Disney's Hollywood Studios in November, Mom and I looked for her and i'm a luckiest guy cause I greet with her in minute.

Me and Mrs. Incredible give us our style in 2006.

In 2009 at the end of November through the beginning of december with my family, I finally met her again at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I said hi to her before nor during pictures taking.

in 2010 during Spring Break with Dad at Disney California Adventure, i finally met with her afternoon. i was worried when they will take a break before i arrived. I was lucky to met them after i arrived. Me and Mrs. Incredible got a close-up picture.

This year in the end of October through the beginning of November, I'll find her at Disney's Hollywood Studios with my Dad along with my toy friend, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pikachu, Reshiram, or/and Zekrom.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 3:09 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:
Ok so characters do appear randomly off and on all day a far as I know, but then there is one big set. It usually happens around lunch time, somewhere between 12 and 1.30. I know that's a big window, but I can't remember for sure, and it can sometimes change, depending on the parade time that day. It's best to check when you visit.
The big set usually comprises of the VIPs in their Stars n Cars outfits, Ariel, Snow White, Dopey, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Jasmine, The Queen, Gaston and Cruella. There are others too, but they can change, and I don't remember them all. They spread themselves out throughout the park, so be sure to stalk the one you want the most! They don't all come out on the main park side either, some appear out front too, around the fountain area.

Ohhh, this is all news to me, we only wandered through the studios briefly last time around as it didn't seem to have an awful lot going on at the time, so if this is still running on a daily basis we may we'll hop across.

A characters we looked for forever? um ... probably Mushu, we were so glad to find him that one time because shortly after our visit he was taken off meet n greet. I'd love him to come back.

Characters we are still wanting to meet? Bolt (my daughter's dying to meet him) apparently he comes out randomly by the fountain / world showcase in Epcot, Shan Yu, Beast (I always mis-time it so he's always on his way back in after a set), oh and the Hag. She was out at MNSSHP in 2010 but whenever we went to Fantasyland there was no sign of her ... I'm still living in hope of having a 'two crones together' photo one day. Hades would be good too, he looks so doofy though! =D And Dug, I'd love to meet Dug, he'd swapped out with Carl when we saw them back in FL, now I think he's only in the Pixar parade.

Good luck with Pinocchio, Martin. We couldn't get away from him on recent WDW trips - MK there he was. Epcot, there he was. DHS - AAARGH! There he was again, lol. Maybe they're evening up the balance now and spreading him around the parks =)
edited by Rune on 8/13/2012
0 permalink
8/13/2012 3:55 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Thanks. Every trip report I ever read, the person writing it always meet Pinnochio. But for me, he is an absolute nightmare. I don't mind if you make fun of me because of it. Put it this way if any of you were in my position I'd take the fun out of you. I have the most ridiculous never met character list in the world and believe me I've tried so many times!! It makes me laugh out loud to be honest!!

Hopefully you might catch Shan Yu at DLP if they are warming up the friends for Halloween. Probably worth an ask at City Hall anyway.

I've never met the Beast either. I would love to but I recon my best shot might be Valentine's Day in the DLH.. Fingers crossed!!

Oh, and good luck everyone!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/13/2012 10:20 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune Wrote:
A characters we looked for forever? um ... probably Mushu, we were so glad to find him that one time because shortly after our visit he was taken off meet n greet. I'd love him to come back.

Yeah, it's odd. For some reason he disappeared from all the parks almost overnight at one point last year, and hasn't really been seen since! I think sometimes he might come out randomly in the Animation Building in DHS at WDW, but that's about it. I don't even really remember seeing many pics of him in HKDL, which strikes me as odd! Wonder if I can find out what the deal is from any contacts...

Rune Wrote:
Bolt (my daughter's dying to meet him) apparently he comes out randomly by the fountain / world showcase in Epcot, Shan Yu, Beast (I always mis-time it so he's always on his way back in after a set), oh and the Hag. She was out at MNSSHP in 2010 but whenever we went to Fantasyland there was no sign of her ... I'm still living in hope of having a 'two crones together' photo one day. Hades would be good too, he looks so doofy though! =D And Dug, I'd love to meet Dug, he'd swapped out with Carl when we saw them back in FL, now I think he's only in the Pixar parade.

The Witch/Hag for some reason, like Mushu, stopped appearing after the 2010 MNSSHP and hasn't been seen since. But, I can almost assure you she will be at DLP Halloween Season. She is a staple character there for Halloween. She is actually my favourite character to meet at Halloween at DLP, as they have her as a face character, and it is SOOOOOOO much BETTER! She is always HILARIOUS! The makeup for her is probably the best I've ever seen for a Disney face character.... "Makeup", *wink wink*
Question, what do you mean two crones? Did I miss something? Lol.
Bolt, yes he can sometimes appear in EPCOT, but there is almost no way of knowing when, sadly.
Hades we would all LOVE to see more of for sure!
Dug only currently meets in DCA in CA.
As for Beast, well, you will just have to wait for his set in EPCOT I'm afraid :P lol. Though, like I said in my most recent blog post, he should be coming to the MK when the New Fantasyland opens. Maybe you'll have better luck there lol. A tip regarding this... The attendants in FL are quite accommodating, and if you line up and he switches out, you can always ask to be put at the front of the next line if you're willing to wait. They'll find you a place to stand, and when they close the current line, you will be invited to make the new line.

And aw, Martin, we wasn't making fun. Well, maybe Rune was LOL just kidding :P
edited by DisneyDan on 8/13/2012

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 10:21 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Also, who else is on your "most ridiculous never met list"? I'm curious now lol.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 10:45 AM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

You can still meet Mushu at WDS in Paris! He is in the Parade

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
8/13/2012 10:47 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

He doesn't come out very often now at all as far as I know. I could be wrong, he might come out in the afternoon set in WDS, but I don't think he always there. They don't do the show part of Stars and Cars anymore, so he doesn't stop for meets during that either.

EDIT:

Ok, so I just checked with a good inside contact. The Stars n Cars set isn't happening during the summer season (the afternoon one I mention to you guys, Martin and Rune), because the CMs have to do 3 parades. It will probably be back after the summer season ends, once the CMs aren't doing three parades per day. But, he did say also that Mushu is only ever random and not guaranteed, which is what I thought
edited by DisneyDan on 8/13/2012

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/13/2012 12:49 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It's a good job that I'm not going in summer then. Will ask City Hall when the character meets are if I can't find out before.

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/15/2012 3:11 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:

Yeah, it's odd. For some reason he disappeared from all the parks almost overnight at one point last year, and hasn't really been seen since! I think sometimes he might come out randomly in the Animation Building in DHS at WDW, but that's about it. I don't even really remember seeing many pics of him in HKDL, which strikes me as odd! Wonder if I can find out what the deal is from any contacts...

Yeah the Mushu thing is weird. A friend told me that Mushu's friends had been complaining that the weight of his tail made him very uncomfortable to be friends with and that many were getting backache. I've kind of taken this with a pinch of salt because Timon's tail is similar in length (although it's been ages since I saw Mushu so I can't recall how big his was.) Like Indiana Jones, Disney just makes it up as it goes I fear.

Thanks for all the info / advice. And would you believe when we were at DLP for Halloween in 2009 we missed the Hag EVERY time? She was supposed to be in Frontierland but despite hanging about up there, no dice.

DisneyDan Wrote:
And aw, Martin, we wasn't making fun. Well, maybe Rune was LOL just kidding :P

*make a note* Right Dan, I'm officially taking you off of my Xmas card list for that, heheh!
+1 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed |