Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Weird character combinations... Your Pictures!

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | the topic is closed |
8/14/2012 1:20 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Post here your pictures and stories of any unusual or downright bizarre character greeting combinations!

I'll start... Meeting the Sheriff of Nottingham and Geppetto in Fantasyland in Disneyland Paris! February 2009.

edited by DisneyDan on 8/14/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
+2 permalink
8/14/2012 1:31 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

This is a really good idea for a thread. I think I have some bizarre combinations as printed out photos rather than digital.

The one I KNOW I have somewhere is..

King Louie and...

Stromboli and...

Smee!!

They were all out together by the Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland Paris and I think the year was 2002. I will see if I can find the picture. :0)

I remember this occasion because I was 10 and I got Stromboli and Smee's autographs but obviously King Louie doesn't sign and I was very upset!

Was a great meeting nontheless.

That picture of Gepetto and Sheriff is classic. Gepetto really does get everywhere. Still, nobody has the answer why he is so overused in Paris, but after what you've said recently about casting I presume his use is because he is mansized! :0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/14/2012 1:46 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Next time you see King Louie, if Baloo is with him, he might be able to sign Also, sometimes the attending CM has a stamper they can stamp your books with (Duffy and Buzz Lightyear also have stampers).

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:07 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I haven't done autographs since I was a kid. But I like the idea of getting a 9'' White CYO vinylmation and getting everyone to sign it!

I do despise those stampers. I have seen some cast members at the Buzz Lightyear queue just walk down the queue stamping all of the books before they get to see Buzz. Where the hell is the magic in that???!!!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:26 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah... I agree.. I hate the stampers... no reason some of the characters cant sign... and some do in some places... for example... Duffy has a stamp in Paris but actually signs in the US.

Here is a strange combination from a great source of strange combinations.... The Disneyland Hotel Magical Moment

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:30 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I think those magical moments do throw up a bucket load of randomness don't they?

I saw one the other day with Rapunzel, Flynn, Gepetto, Mickey and Minnie. I will ask for permission to re-post picture.

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:35 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Conga conga conga...

Ok, so those characters are basically the same as the Hotel ones, but interesting nonetheless for simply where and what they are doing! LOL!

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
8/14/2012 2:44 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Frollo Wrote:
I think those magical moments do throw up a bucket load of randomness don't they?

I saw one the other day with Rapunzel, Flynn, Gepetto, Mickey and Minnie. I will ask for permission to re-post picture.

Sorry I have just checked the picture. It was Flynn, Rapunzel, Gepetto, Eeyore and Goofy! Even more random than I said before!

Love the conga picture. It is a real magical moment when a load of characters appear from behind those gates!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/15/2012 12:04 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

This one is for Rune

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
8/15/2012 12:36 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

LOL Dan! Suddenly I feel like I've gained a reputation! =P

Awww, I'd have been a very happy bunny here! *insert cymbal crash*

Never met Rabbit, he's on my list though so maybe one day fingers crossed, and knowing my luck I bet the big blue one will have vanished off the face of DLP during my visit, ah well I can't complain, that was the first place I ever 'met' him.

And shock, horror, another photo sans the ubiquitous Gepetto O_O

Love the conga line too, esp. for the fact that Pinoke is airborne!
edited by Rune on 8/15/2012
0 permalink
8/15/2012 12:51 PM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

I have not had a a weirdest combination since Walt Disney World does not do Group Pic but I have this group pic:

edited by rodnyhansel on 8/15/2012
0 permalink
8/15/2012 3:15 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Did Genie just pull Rabbit out of a hat. How strange!!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/15/2012 3:16 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Still waiting for permission on the Rapunzel, Flynn, Gepetto, Goofy, Eeyore combo... :0)

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/16/2012 3:08 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Ok. Here is that picture I was on about. You can't see Rapunzel and Flynn on here I don't think , I think they are somewhere to the right.

You can clearly see Eeyore, Goofy and that blasted Gepetto roaming throught the crowds. Apparently the 3 of them at times were begging for attention but everyone was still scrumming around Rapunzel and Flynn.

With thanks to Vala for the picture...

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/17/2012 2:04 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rapunzel is still as immensely popular as the day she debuted. She is a great character from a fantastic movie.
Now, here's my picture for today...

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/17/2012 3:29 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Great picture. I would love to meet Chicken Little, maybe I'll get lucky some day??

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/17/2012 9:41 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

At DLP, you NEVER know who you may bump in to! lol. Yes, we get to go to special events, BUT on the other hand, DLP DO put out some fairly random characters from tim to time.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
8/17/2012 9:50 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes they do which is great! I know that if they do have special events they often send the characters out to meet the general public too for a short while which is a great treat! How do you get to go to all of these special events? Do you count as media?

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
8/17/2012 9:54 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We are lucky enough to have some very magical friends

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
8/17/2012 11:35 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Lucky! Where can I get some of these magical friends? haha!

Looking back at your other picture it looks like Marie and White Rabbit are a couple in the picture. Either that or brother and sister unless you knew better...

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | the topic is closed |