Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Timon's makeover

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
8/14/2012 2:28 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

So, I bet y'all are wondering why I suddenly returned...I've been really busy finishing off my second-to-last year of homeschooling but today I felt like I needed to catch up on all the character news!

I was looking through Jon's fantastic photos from your recent DL trip and came across Timon, and he looks GREAT! I noticed that they had fixed up his legs over at Walt Disney World previously but now there appear to have been some changes to his head as well... I want to hear what you guys think about this makeover. I don't have photos (they're not mine after all) but here's a link to one of Jon's: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterpanfan1953/7763443762/sizes/l/in/photostream/
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:31 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Well, it is definitely great to have you back! Big Grin

As for Timon, to be honest, sometimes I get so caught up in everything else I don't even notice haha. It wasn't until we were back I was like "oh, wait a minute, was Timon the new one?!" LOL!
Obviously the seamless transition worked wonders on me and therefore I can only say it works great!! LOL!!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:33 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

One thing I did just notice in that shot, is his hair. Umm.. why is it so flat all of a sudden?! Never used to be! Hopefully this was a styling error that day, and NOT the new normal!! Will have to see what he is like in Florida in a few weeks to see if the hair is back to normal...
edited by DisneyDan on 8/14/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:33 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Glad to have you back!

I really like the updated Timon... a lot of the recent makeovers have taken some getting used to for me; however, that isn't the case with Timon... think he looks TONS better... and I hope they do similar makeovers for some of the other "baggy pajamas" looking characters.

Glad you like the pictures!! I will go ahead and embed the one you linked to

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:35 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

It seems like they're still using the old one some places though...he's taken Lilo's place on the Steamboat Willie in WDW's Fantasmic and it's still good old PJ-Timon. Awful weird seeing Timon and Stitch standing together on the front...reminds me of a certain thread that we've got going right now I'd imagine DLP hasn't gotten the update yet either.
0 permalink
8/14/2012 2:42 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I was quoted as saying the other day that I didn't like it, but I looked at a few videos of new timon the other day and.. wow! I love his tail it's so bouncy and I've been looking at it a lot and I am now convinced. It is a step forward indeed. But yes the thing that I think was putting me off at first was the hair and in some pictures I've seen his face looked too compact but I now realise this is not the case. Hopefully they are working on the next update.

I wouldn't mind if Stitch was updated. He does look like a baggy set of pyjamas indeed. I think Angel looks pretty neat and Stitch could follow suit.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
8/15/2012 3:02 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Love Timon's new legs but the hair? What's going on here, he looks like he's caught in a storm (or else plastered it down to sing opera) hopefully as has already been mentioned this was just a bad hair day, and it will be fluffy again! =)
0 permalink
the topic is closed |