Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Meet Periwinkle! the Newest Fairy!

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
9/8/2012 12:34 PM
rebray10
Minnie Mouse
rebray10

As of yesterday, 9/07/2012; Periwinkle has started doing meet and greets at Pixie Hollow here in Disneyland anahiem! Not much is know about her at the moment since her movie is not out. But she is indeed Tinker Bell's sister, both born from the same child's laugh and resides in the "Mysterious Winter Woods".
I believe she is seasonal and fittingly will be around until spring. As for Tink's other friend's they will still be flying in and about; but with much less frequency as Disney of course wants to push the movie. Possibly, with winter themed outfits. She was a doll and was fun to meet, though I think I should see her a few more times to get to know her better before I pass full judgement lol.

Her statue.

And Periwinkel herself!
So all you DL Paris fans, still think your park is the best for characters? lol j/k. I have no idea if/when the others parks are getting her in. Lets all welcome her to the chartacer family and discuss!
+1 permalink
9/8/2012 1:42 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Periwinkel is a very cheap marketing ploy. Not a fan at all.

Nice that you got to meet her though!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
9/12/2012 7:45 PM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

Periwinkel well I don't see her much although that makes since I don't visit pixie hollow all that often

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
0 permalink
9/13/2012 2:06 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I think she popped up at WDW's Pixie Hollow this week too (the 9th maybe?) but I've got to wait till December to pass judgement.

She does look like an appealing character although I'm still a bit bemused as to why Disney waited until now to announce Tink had a sister. O_0 I hope at least you get some character interaction between her and Tink at the meet n greet. The fact that she may be seasonal is interesting too, as it at least offers the scope for shaking things up and adding more fairies back into the rotation. I think WDW only have her and Tink atm, so at least DL still has the others now and then.

Cool pic, thanks for sharing. =)

Frollo Wrote:
Periwinkel is a very cheap marketing ploy. Not a fan at all.

LOL. I know what you're saying but truth be told I kind of feel that way about Duffy too, Martin. ^_~
0 permalink
9/13/2012 4:53 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I know people aren't Duffy's biggest fan either. At least Ralph and Penelopewatsit will give us some new and original character!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
9/13/2012 8:47 AM
Alexander
Stitch
Alexander

i agree
edited by Alexander on 9/13/2012
0 permalink
9/14/2012 2:29 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Dan & Jon did see her at WDW, I'm sure they will share photos soon!

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
[email protected]
http://MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
9/17/2012 12:00 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Periwinkle now has her own page on the site! Big Grin I'll let you all find it yourselves though

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
9/17/2012 12:46 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Not sure I'll be visiting this one Dan, thanks anyway! Haha!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
9/17/2012 12:48 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

hmm

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |