Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Paramount Studios theme park, Kent (UK) coming in 2018!

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
10/8/2012 8:58 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Today it was announced, quite by surprise, that Paramount Studios have agreed a license with London Resort Holdings Company to build a brand new near-900 acre theme park resort complex in North Kent, due to open in 2018!!
This is more or less exactly where I live LOL! (Maybe I won't be in 5 years time though lol)
You can Google it, and you'll engulfed with information about it, but for easiness, here's a link to just one article on the new project:

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-10-08/2-billion-theme-park-in-uk-to-rival-disneyland-paris/

Of course, this begs the question - what will be included there? Can we expect CHARACTERS?! Big Grin We can only hope!!
The new complex, which will apparently include theme park, water park and hotels, will be approximately 872 acres. To give you some sort of relative scale to this project, the Disneyland Resort in California is 510 acres and Tokyo Disney Resort is about 494 acres, while Disneyland Paris is somewhere around 4000 to 4800 acres (they sold some land recently, so the exact figure is unknown).

So, as you can see, this will be a very sizeable project!! All I can say is WOW! I cannot WAIT 5 years!! LOL!
Thoughts?

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
10/8/2012 9:13 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I saw this too.

I'm not a huge fan of movies and t.v apart from Disney so I'm not overjoyed at this, but still excited for everyone else!

It sort of came very out of the blue though didn't it.

I just wish they build Euro Disney down the road from me in Derbyshire. Would have been very nice!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
10/8/2012 9:21 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I love to visit different theme parks. I really like Alton Towers, and Universal Studios in the US is really top notch too.
I am hoping that this new Paramount park is up to at least Universal standards. Would be truly amazing!
And yes, it certainly was a surprise announcement!

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
10/8/2012 9:32 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, this could very very cool... I also hope that it is at least up to Universal standards (good to awesome rides with decent and sometimes excellent theming) I wonder what franchises they will use for this park... the obvious one would be Star Trek (assuming they have the theme park rights)

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
10/8/2012 1:37 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It will be something I will follow with interest. Should be good for you Dan! You'll be able to nip in every day! ;0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
11/7/2012 9:31 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

I would of preferred a Wizarding World if I'm honest. Living close by I might visit once but I'd rather save my money for DLP.
0 permalink
11/7/2012 11:25 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I agree Emma. I might go once, but DLP is my cup of tea..

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
11/7/2012 11:38 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

By the time its open I hope to be living in France or somewhere else. It just doesn't appeal to me. I want to see Mickey :-)
0 permalink
11/7/2012 12:05 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Wow! You love Disneyland Paris so much you are going to live there?

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
11/7/2012 1:09 PM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

Well not in the park, I wish lol. But I'd love to live in the surrounding area one day.
0 permalink
11/8/2012 12:50 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Well I think the Paramount idea sounds amazing. But then, I love theme parks in general. We had a BLAST at Universal back in September. Definitely a nice break from Disney! LOL!
Emma, we'll work on your dream

--

Dan.
0 permalink
11/8/2012 2:34 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

I'm just not a huge Paramount fan, it reminds me of that theme park in Spain is it? Is it going to be like Thorpe Park or Alton Towers?
And yes Dan, a friend once told me Dreams do come true
0 permalink
the topic is closed |