Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Who wants Flik and Princess Atta to be regular, and easy-to-find Disney characters?

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
10/11/2012 9:54 AM
TLRobben
Minnie Mouse
TLRobben

Hey, everyone! It's me, Tracy Robben with an important discussion to make:

My favorite Disney movie is "A Bug's Life" and I love the characters Flik and Princess Atta. You have all probably heard now that they have become rare and hard-to-find meet-&-greet Disney characters due to some character losses around WDW! And that just gives me an upset stomach and makes me want to cry! But if you like to meet Flik and Princess Atta at WDW and like them as your favorite Disney characters, too... then I encourage everybody on this website write letters to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or send an email to:
[email protected]

to tell everyone at WDW that you miss Flik and Princess Atta meeting and greeting guests for hugs, kisses, autographs, and pictures....and WDW is never any fun without Flik and Princess Atta to meet and greet guests for hugs, kisses, autographs, and pictures and to not just watch them perform in the Pixar Pals' Countdown to Fun parade at Hollywood Studios. I'm super serious!! I want my favorite "Bug's Life" characters back in WDW as regular and easy-to-find meet-&-greet Disney characters very badly!! Because I love Flik and Princess Atta. They are the best Disney & Pixar characters ever!! And "A Bug's Life" is the best Disney/Pixar movie of all!!! Flik and Princess Atta must come back to regular meet-&-greets at WDW!!! So everyone, pleeeeaaaaseee START WRITING LETTERS TO WDW GUEST COMMUNICATIONS AND SEND EMAILS TO [email protected] RIGHT NOW!! AND PLEASE LEAVE ME A MESSAGE IF ONE OF YOU HAS WROTE A LETTER OR SEND AN EMAIL TO WDW GUEST COMMUNICATIONS AND NOTIFY ME THAT YOU WILL GO TO GUEST RELATIONS AT WDW TO CHAT ABOUT FLIK AND PRINCESS ATTA BEING RARE AND HARD-TO-FIND MEET-&-GREET DISNEY CHARACTERS AND THAT WDW IS NEVER ANY FUN WITHOUT FLIK AND PRINCESS ATTA AROUND TO MEET AND GREET GUESTS FOR HUGS, KISSES, AUTOGRAPHS, AND PICTURES. AND THAT WDW IS ALOT EXCITING AND FUN WHEN FLIK AND PRINCESS ATTA ARE OUT AND ABOUT REGULARLY AS EASY-TO-FIND MEET-&-GREET DISNEY CHARACTERS MEETING AND GREETING GUESTS FOR HUGS, KISSES, AUTOGRAPHS, AND PHOTOS. THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK ON GETTING FLIK AND PRINCESS ATTA BACK AS REGULAR AND EASY-TO-FIND MEET-&-GREET DISNEY CHARACTERS!
0 permalink
10/11/2012 2:53 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It a shame they got rid of Flik and Atta. It's a shame that some characters do get cut, but at least you have the Wreck it Ralp characters coming etc. Fingers crossed Flik and Atta will be out for random meet and greets etc.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
10/12/2012 3:53 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I love your dedication to these characters, I hope that you'll be able to get at the very least a response from Disney even if its just to reinforce what we already know, namely that you can still see these guys in the parade every day at Walt Disney Studios. I hope they will do a few random meet n greets with them too from time to time, that would be nice, but I can't help but feeling Flick was best suited to DAK which is where they took him from this summer past ... I guess you never know your luck though and hopefully by writing to Disney you can let them know the characters are missed. From the experience of a friend who is a big fan of one of the Disney Villains however, it seems Disney can be a little evasive in their replies.

I'm sad that you miss Flick & Atta so badly, sadly its just the way it goes with Disney, they shuffle some characters off (usually our favourites) whilst others are available at several parks every single day, Pooh for example, was available just about everywhere though mercifully I think they've hoicked him out of one or two. There are so many good characters that never get any love these days and we never know whether its because they can't find friends or simply that the costumes have gotten beyond repair and there's no incentive from the higher ups to replace them. I was really sad when they took Mushu & Genie out of regular M&G at Epcot, and Mushu has now more or less vanished, he's not even in a parade at WDW, and there are so many other characters that have vanished. I'm getting off topic here, but yes, I hope you get at least a response from Disney over this and that your favourite insect pals will be there to give you a hug in the future. =)
0 permalink
10/12/2012 4:27 AM
TLRobben
Minnie Mouse
TLRobben

Sure, I love the way you care about me. I've send several emails to WDW Guest Communications complaining that they got Flik and Atta both random and rare meet-&-greet characters. But I would love it alot better if they really were regular and easy-to-find meet-&-greet Disney characters. I don't even care if ants are skinny or thin, I just like them the way they are. After all, they are ants! In fact, I wish they would be selling more "Bug's Life" merchandise around the world too. You can find most "Bug's Life" merchandise on auction sites like Ebay, etc. Disney had better start thinking about that. And still I have a heavy heart for my two best friends Flik and Atta to come back on the regular meet-&-greet schedule at WDW terribly. So that's I why I ask you and everybody else browsing this website to write letters to Disney and send emails to [email protected] that WDW would be alot better if we had Flik and Princess Atta from "A Bug's Life" out and around the parks for regular character meet-&-greets. Flik is my favorite Disney Hero and Atta is my favorite Disney Princess! It just makes me want to cry for Flik and Atta to be random and rare meet-&-greet Disney characters. And just remember when you arrive at WDW, stop at Guest Relations for me and tell them that you are very displeased to see that Flik and Atta are making random and rare meet-&-greets at WDW. And it is not fair! I must ask you and everybody else on this website to write letters and send emails to WDW Guest Communications and then stop by at Guest Relations while at WDW to tell them your displeasure for Flik and Atta both being random and rare M&G Disney characters. I'm really mad and upset at everyone at Disney for taking my best ant friends out of regular meet-&-greet schedule. So please do write letters and send emails to WDW Guest Communications for me and then stop by at Guest Relations for me upon during WDW visits. I want my two favorite "Bug's Life" characters back!!!
0 permalink
10/12/2012 5:18 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I understand what you're saying but all the same you can't push or hassle people into writing or campaigning for these 2 particular characters - or expect them to do so just because they are your favorites and its become something of a personal obsession. I don't mean to upset you here but you have to let people exercise their own personal choice in the matter and decide what they want to do, you can't expect or demand that they go into City Hall and complain about these characters being taken off meet n greet. This is only a small forum with only a handful of regular members on it and to come in and ask everyone here to bombard Disney with letters, emails and snippy trips to guest relations really isn't going to win anything over for the cause.

ALL Disney characters are important and every one that is taken away from the public eye is a sad loss to the parks as a whole.

Everyone whose favorite characters have disappeared will say it's not fair, but on the whole we just have to deal with it, Disney doesn't seem to backtrack very often and sometimes we just have to accept the fact that our favorites aren't as accessible as they used to be.

I know you feel very strongly about these characters, that much is obvious, have you thought of starting up a facebook group or Tumblr or other online presence where fans of Flick can get together to decide about what you want to do? =)
+1 permalink
10/12/2012 5:47 AM
TLRobben
Minnie Mouse
TLRobben

No, I have not thought of that. I have even thought of some places in the some of the 4 parks at WDW would make terrific meet-&-greet places for Flik and Atta too. Like near the Tree of Life Garden in Animal Kingdom or by the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set playground in Hollywood Studios. Everywhere in each of the 4 parks at WDW I go. I try to find some perfect spots that would make perfect meet-&-greet places for Flik and Atta. We can do something like this. Search for new places in the parks that would make terrific meet-&-greet places for Flik and Atta. I thought the Tree of Life Garden would be nice because you know you can find bugs in plants and gardens. And the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Playground looks perfect too because the set looks just where you would find bugs and stuff that's living in the giant grass stems. But sure, I should start up a Facebook group where fans of Flik and Atta can get together and decide what to do.
0 permalink
10/24/2012 7:40 AM
TLRobben
Minnie Mouse
TLRobben

These are two spots I thought that would make terrific meet-&-greet places for Flik and Atta to meet and greet daily and regularly:

The Tree of Life Garden at Animal Kingdom
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure at Hollywood Studios

fingers crossedKeeps your fingers crossed if you agree.
0 permalink