Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » The Three Good Fairies

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
3/23/2014 6:45 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I thought this would be an interesting point to raise.

Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, also known as the Three Good Fairies, recently started appearing in the brand new Festival of Fantasy Parade at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. For the first time at WDW, they appeared in "face" form. In the past the Fairies have always appeared in their animated form whilst visiting WDW. Since SpectroMagic ended, they have not appeared at all in the parks there.
(More text in between the photos)

Festival Of Fantasy Parade by disneylori, on Flickr

In Disneyland (California), the Fairies have appeared for over a decade in their non-animated look, including last year when they visited for Long Lost Friends Week.

In Disneyland Paris, the Fairies previously appeared in their animated form, but in the last couple of years started appearing as non-animated. With the loss of FantIllusion at DLP last year, the Fairies now exclusively appear in their non-animated look there (during the day parade, just like WDW).

So, this raises a question. Now that SpectroMagic and FantIllusion no longer run, and the two parades they currently star in feature them in their non-animated form, does this mean their animated look has become obsolete? Is their non-animated look now their standard look?
edited by DisneyDan on 3/23/2014

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
3/23/2014 7:11 AM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

I think that the animated version looks better. But what if they are just looking like this for parades because from the look of it it is very hot in those costumes.
0 permalink
3/23/2014 8:43 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I want to see the animated fairies, I don't like the face look very much at all. 😁

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
3/23/2014 8:44 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The point was is this their new look though? :P

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
3/23/2014 8:43 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I like non-animated. Human and humanoid characters should be face characters when possible so they can talk to guests. Also, human characters down in the "fur" style tend to be a bit creepy looking. See also- Frollo, Queen of Hearts, etc.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |