Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Interactive Mickey Mouse at MK's Town Square Theater

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
4/20/2013 8:41 PM
crabangel
Mickey Mouse
crabangel

So this past Thursday on April 18th I was lucky enough to be at Disney for LTM Fairy Week. After making my goal to meet all the fairies I did some things then made my way to the front of the park to meet Mickey at Town Square Theater. I've done this quite a lot so I was just going through my normal preparedness routine. Well we got into the inner room and a cast member stuck her head in the door and asked for two more groups so the group behind me and I went into the outer hallway.

The cast member stopped us before taking us in and let us know that we were being filmed for something and asked if that was alright. We agreed and she opened the door. I was expecting a line inside the main room but there wasn't so I walked right up to Mickey and said hi.

And then Mickey said hi back! It was the interactive Mickey! I was so surprised. The photopass photographer took a picture of my surprised face which looks ridiculous but it's an accurate image of how I felt. I talked to Mickey for a few minutes before pictures and left laughing and giggling cause I was still sort of in shock.

I hadn't heard that they were going to be doing more testing of the interactive Mickey much less that I was going to get a chance to meet him. Has anyone heard any news of them making the interactive Mickey permanent in the parks yet? Or any other news about the interactive Mickey meet and greets at all?
0 permalink
4/20/2013 9:51 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

well that was definetly a treat but I read in a advertisement that beast will call your beauty by name which could mean they are testing it with Mickey first then probably Minnie and eventually it will all be permanet but you never know
0 permalink
4/22/2013 2:22 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

That's so cool that you got to speak with him!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
5/6/2013 12:09 PM
snowflake
Chip 'n' Dale
snowflake

Are they still doing the interactive Mickey and where?
0 permalink
5/6/2013 12:26 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

There are unannounced tests. Nothing permanent. If the testing happens it will be at MK's Town Square Theatre as written above. There was a test in DLR too, but that was ages ago I heard of that last time.
0 permalink
5/6/2013 12:27 PM
snowflake
Chip 'n' Dale
snowflake

thanks.
0 permalink
6/5/2013 11:31 AM
snowflake
Chip 'n' Dale
snowflake

Any news on the interactive Mickey?