Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Frontierland Hoedown question

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
5/11/2014 2:25 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Same goes with Dinoland Dance Party....how realistic is meeting the characters? Has anyone done it?

I really wanna see Clarabelle and Horace and I'm not sure who does the Dinoland one tbh...

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
5/11/2014 2:34 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I assume you've seen this?... :P
I have to run for now, but if nobody else replies in the meantime, I'll make a fuller reply later

http://www.charactercentral.net/L270_DisneyCharacters_WaltDisneyWorld_MagicKingdom_FrontierlandHoedown.aspx

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/11/2014 2:38 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Yeh I checked this page first and foremost, I just wondered what other peoples experiences have been.

Re: Dinoland, some people have said it's no pics with the characters, while other have got pics with some uuuuuuuber rare characters!

--
--
0 permalink
5/11/2014 2:47 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

JoelMcDuck Wrote:
Same goes with Dinoland Dance Party....how realistic is meeting the characters? Has anyone done it?

I really wanna see Clarabelle and Horace and I'm not sure who does the Dinoland one tbh...

I know friends of mine did it at Hoedown. You stand a chance if the crowd level is low enough they said. Dinoland seems more impossible. Most photos I've seen from there were from people pushing their kids in front of the characters.
0 permalink
5/11/2014 3:06 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Looking at the crowd calendars, I'm planning Magic Kingdom on one of the quietest days of the year, so let's hope! But tbh, I'm planning on seeing Brer Bear and Fox at the Hilton Sunday breakfast anyways! it's a bargain of $30

--
--
0 permalink
5/11/2014 3:11 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I thought you would have checked the page already, but I just wanted to be sure
It really depends on whether the characters come out early before the performance or not Sometimes they'll come out about 5 minutes before and will pose for pictures, other times they will come out right at the start when the music plays. Sometimes they'll come out early but are reluctant to pose, and will just walk around!
It's really, honestly impossible to say whether you'll get a photo or not. It is sheer luck.

As for the DAK dance party, I've heard from very close friends who are there all the time that it really is chaos, and all about shoving the kids in, sadly :/
edited by DisneyDan on 5/11/2014

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/11/2014 3:58 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

As Dan said our expirance with the hoedown is somewhat random... Hopefully going at a quiet time will give you a better chance... The couple times we have really tried we have been able to get at least one character... And one time Brer Rabbit just about tackled me running over to give me a hug lol.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
5/11/2014 6:09 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Everybody is spot on. We have done the hoedown and its really dependent on several factors that they all mentioned. If you have a chance, it will be brief and you will have to act fast. Crowd levels are the key factor. When they are approaching from the Splash Mountain area(before the dance starts), approach them smiling and waiving (ask for a "quick" hug) and jump right in. Have somebody ready to take the picture and you will probably only get one. When the dance ends, they exit very rapidly...but you could try the same technique. Its tricky. What's fun is when they grab people to dance with them...usually kids...my daughter loved it!

This is the same approach we use for the "Tomorrowland Dance Party" at MNSSHP...but its a lot easier. The characters will stop for a brief second for a photo, as long as you act like you are dancing & having fun. Last year was Monsters University themed with Boo, Needleman, George Sanderson, Mike & Sully...some cool new characters. On regular park days you can dance with the Incredibles: Frozone, Bob, etc...
0 permalink
5/11/2014 6:24 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

I went to the hoedown and the Dinoland dance party and I had a great character experience at both. For the hoedown if there are 2 showings, which there usually are, go to one and make sure the characters notice you and ask for pictures and you will get a few but if your luck you will get all but one. If the characters do not pose then come back later and when they recognize you they will be more willing to pose but sometimes you have to distract the character attendant because one time the guy would not let me meet Brer Bear when the other characters were meeting after the hoedown. As for the Dinoland one I just went up and meet them try to go on an off time like during dinner or the parade. Hope this helps!
0 permalink
5/21/2014 10:38 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

My experience: if you have a partner at least on this weekend it was pretty doable. Make sure the characters notice you like it's been said. I got a picture with Brer Fox at the first Dinoland party (which was a pretty interesting selfie Big Grin) and when my friend Sabrina had arrived we got great shots with Brer Bear and Brer Fox. They only had the Brers and Rafiki out that day. We didn't try for Rafiki cause I knew he'd be at Planet Watch. It did help that we danced with them and didn't try to run in just to get pictures. Brer Fox acknowledged us immediately for the second set.

For the Howdown unfortunately our first showing was completely rained out and at the second one I was alone. I did manage to get pictures with Horace, Clarabelle and Wendell though. That was pretty easy because Horace came out first and I did one of my usual little freak outs. Even the character attendants were happy to take the pictures for me. Besides these three Big Al was out (who was another major goal of mine) and Brer Bear. I had a 5 second chance with Big Al (he came out last and went in first), but as I had no camera man and had to ask someone that took a split second too long. After the storm on the first 2 days it got ridiculously hot and humid and understandably Big Al wanted to go in ASAP. I was close to a heatstroke, I can't imagine how poor Big Al felt.
0 permalink
6/6/2014 6:25 PM
dramadrew
Mickey Mouse
dramadrew

For the Dinoland Dance Party, I got my picture with Meeko. But I asked DH to take our picture and it was more me by his side dancing. Other than that, I just took pictures of the characters dancing. I'm sad I forgot about the Hoedown each time I was at MK during that time. I did want to attempt to meet Clarabelle Cow. Maybe next time!
0 permalink