Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Character Central News and Discussion » New Forum User ID Rankings and Avatar Images

Upcoming features, suggestions and ideas, bug reporting etc
the topic is closed |
5/17/2014 1:49 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

From this evening we have launched a brand new mini-feature in the forums.

Admins are now called Sorcerers, and are highlighted in blue - because Yen Sid was the Sorcerer and wore blue.
Moderators are now called Sorcerer's Apprentices on the forums they moderate, and are highlighted in red, since Mickey was the Sorcerer's Apprentice and wore red.

All other forum members now have a character name under their username. This character name is determined by how many posts you have made, and cannot be altered or removed. They are not coloured as to distinguish from Admins and Mods.
I'm not going to tell you how many posts you have to achieve to reach each level - you'll just have to keep posting to see which character you become next!

Last week I told you all that there were default images for those who had not chosen one. For some reason not all of that became active across the forums, but now I can happily confirm it works, so everybody should now have an image!

Martin, seeing as you moderate all forums except one, you will have the privilege of seeing Sorcerer's Apprentice under your name on those you moderate, and your user ranking on those that you don't!

Finally, we have added Duffy, ShellieMay, Darkwing Duck and Spider-Man as usable images in the editor, bringing the total choosable avatars to 20 now.

The forums are certainly becoming a lot more colourful! We hope you like all these changes.

If you have any feedback, please post it below.
edited by DisneyDan on 5/17/2014

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/17/2014 2:00 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I also made a few fixes to things that should make posting posts from the add post/reply page and sending personal messages via an iPad better.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
5/17/2014 3:25 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I'm definitely happy to be the Cheshire Cat and the Sorcerer's Apprentice! 😃

Glad to hear of the iPad PM improvements too!

Great work! 😃

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
5/17/2014 4:18 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks Martin, glad you like the changes!

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
5/17/2014 4:55 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Really cool imo

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
5/17/2014 5:00 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks! We like to keep you all interested, lol :p

--

Dan.
0 permalink
5/17/2014 7:39 PM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

I'm happy with Angel Big Grin

That PM thing could be handy, Jon, I'm going to PM you just to test it out :p

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: New Years Eve at DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
5/18/2014 11:31 AM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

That was something new, folks.
0 permalink
5/21/2014 11:43 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I am bumping this as there still seems to be some confusion.

Character names under your username are defined by the number of posts you make. They are not changeable.
You can change your own avatar by going to the profile editor and selecting one or uploading your own.
edited by DisneyDan on 5/21/2014

--

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |