Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » My Birthday Trip Report from 2013

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
5/26/2014 5:02 PM
DisneyGirlRocks23
Mickey Mouse
DisneyGirlRocks23

I went to Disney World last year for the week of my birthday which is on July 17th, but since I was not a member then I decided to share now. Since the trip was for my birthday I got to decide what stuff we did which meant that the focus of the trip was the characters. On this trip I got to meant some characters that I've met before when I was little while others I met for the first time. This was also my first time collecting the pins.

My Pins

Outside my hotel room
0 permalink
5/26/2014 5:26 PM
DisneyGirlRocks23
Mickey Mouse
DisneyGirlRocks23

First Day In The Parks: Epcot

The first thing we did once we arrived at Epcot was the Finding Nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. Once we were finished with Nemo it was time for the first character of the day which was Mulan. Mulan had a short line when we got to her so it didn't take long to meet her. This was my first time meeting Mulan and she was very nice, asking me if this was a family outing. After Mulan we got in line for Snow White which we got lucky because they cut the line after us. Of course Snow White's line was longer and Snow White took her time with everyone as she talked to everyone. Snow White is a character I have met before as I have met her with Dopey when I was little and she was also really nice. She asked me if I could name all the dwarfs and then which of the dwarfs was my favorite in which I said Dopey and she also gave me a hug. After Snow White we headed over to France to get in line for Belle. Again we got lucky as we were maybe third or fourth in line for Belle. I have met Belle before back when she used to meet with Beast in France. Belle asked me if I had any adventures today and then asked what was my favorite and I told her about meeting Mulan. After Belle we decided to do one more meet and greet before going back to our hotel for a break and this meet and greet was Aladdin and Jasmine.

Aladdin & Jasmine's Meet & Greet Area

This was another time that we got lucky as we were second in line to meet Aladdin and Jasmine who were really awesome and nice. They were talking to me about how long it would take on a magic carpet from where I live to there and they both also gave me a hug. Afterwards when went back to our hotel to take a break and when we came back we decided to stop by the Epcot Character Spot in which I met Mickey, Pluto and Minnie. Out the three Minnie was the one who gave me a hug. Then we had dinner at Tutto Italia Ristorante and after we watched the IllumiNations fireworks.
0 permalink
5/26/2014 5:40 PM
DisneyGirlRocks23
Mickey Mouse
DisneyGirlRocks23

Second Day In The Parks: Animal Kingdom

When we first arrived at Animal Kingdom we first went to get our fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safaris and then had breakfast at the Tusker House. Before going inside for breakfast we got to take a picture with Donald Duck who kissed my hand and then not long after sitting down with our food Daisy Duck came to our table and then was followed by Mickey. After breakfast we rode Kilimanjaro Safaris in which our guide was pretty funny and it was even crazy because one of the giraffe's started chasing the truck in front of us. After the ride we then took the train over to Rafiki's planet watch in which I got to meet Rafiki for the first time. Rafiki was another awesome meet and greet and he even blow me kiss as well as kissing my autograph book. Then we took the train back and got in line for Chip and Dale who were entertaining as always.

This is what they were doing after I gave them my autograph book.

After meeting Chip and Dale, we met Dug and Russell from Up who were funny as well. Dug and Russell both actually gave me two hugs and this was also my first time meeting them. Next we watched the Festival of the Lion King which is one of my favorite attractions especially since Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. Finally we finished our day at the Animal Kingdom with the Pocahontas meet and greet which I believe it was my first time meeting her as well.
0 permalink
5/26/2014 5:59 PM
DisneyGirlRocks23
Mickey Mouse
DisneyGirlRocks23

Third Day In The Parks: Magic Kingdom on my Birthday

The first thing we did was we arrived at the Magic Kingdom was getting my birthday button in which I had quite a few people telling me happy birthday. After getting my button we got in line to meet Buzz Lightyear and this was my first time meeting him. When Buzz saw my birthday button he clapped which was awesome since he was the first character I met on my birthday. We also got a fastpass for the Little Mermaid ride as well as the princesses meet and greet. Once we had our fastpasses we got line for Merida who I was meeting for the first time. Merida was awesome and she even said happy birthday to me. Afterwards we had lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and then went on the Little Mermaid ride which I was excited for since we would be my first time riding it.

After the Little Mermaid ride I got to meet Rapunzel, Aurora and Cinderella. Rapunzel was probably my favorite meet and greet of the trip, she said happy birthday to me and even wrote a birthday message in my autograph book which made it all the more special. Aurora and Cinderella also said happy birthday to me with Cinderella even talking about planning a ball for me. Next up was meeting Ariel who is my favorite Disney character. Ariel was another character who said happy birthday to me and asked if I liked seaweed cupcakes because were her favorite. And then it was time for dinner which we ate at the Crystal Palace. Pooh was the first to come to our table, which was covered in mickey-shaped confetti, and he was so cute as he played with the confetti and even put a few pieces in my autograph book. Piglet was next followed by Eeyore and Tigger. I even got a birthday card signed by the Pooh characters and a special birthday cake.

My Birthday Card

My Birthday Cake
0 permalink
5/26/2014 6:16 PM
DisneyGirlRocks23
Mickey Mouse
DisneyGirlRocks23

Fourth Day In The Parks: Hollywood Studios

Once we got to Hollywood Studios the first thing we did was the American Idol Experience and once it was over we got in line for Vanellope and Wreck-it Ralph. When I met them Vanellope pointed out that out shirts were the same color before giving me a hug. We also got to meet Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater.We even saw the Beauty and the Beast show and the Little Mermaid show and we also went looking through the different shops as we were trying to stay out of the rain. Finally we had dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe though sadly because of the rainstorm we were not able to see Fantasmic.

Fifth Day In The Parks: Back to the Magic Kingdom

Once we arrived we decided to get in line for Woody and Jessie who were fun to interact with it as Woody danced with me. Afterwards we went to go meet Tiana and then we watched the parade in which Abu actually posed for me when he saw my camera. After the parade we went to Tinker Bell's Magical Nook and I met Tinker Bell as well as Vidia who was meeting with her that day.
We also ate at Downtown Disney and even went shopping at the World of Disney store and the pin trading store.
0 permalink
5/27/2014 7:36 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Thanks for sharing your magical experiences with us! ✨

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
7/4/2014 11:02 PM
kasi
Minnie Mouse
kasi

Its good thinking that you enjoy the Disney trip on your birthday because that's times to create fun in his life where you move during the trip to Disney?

--
The journey of a thousand miles charleston public transportation begins with a single step
0 permalink