Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Shows That You Miss Most

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
6/20/2014 8:37 AM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

Just curious, which now defunct shows, that used to be in the parks, do you miss most? Mine would definitely be The Hunchback of Notre Dame - A Musical Adventure. It is still my all time favorite stage musical, and wish that it was still running. I was talking to one of my friends, who used to work in Entertainment, and she told me that it was a political reason that led to the shows closure. Apparently, they felt they had too many stage musicals running in the park, and they needed space for Lights, Motors, Action - Extreme Stunt Show! Too bad. At least there are all lot of videos on YouTube, still.
edited by Logan J. Kelly on 6/20/2014
edited by Logan J. Kelly on 6/20/2014
0 permalink
6/20/2014 9:29 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

One show I never got to see that I really wished was still around was the Disney Afternoon show in Mickey's Birthdayland. One show I miss and really would love to see again is Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
6/21/2014 4:57 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

The Diamond Horseshoe Revue. Man oh man was that a fun show. Now, the Diamond Horseshoe in Magic Kingdom is just a regular ol' restaurant, and a seasonal one at that!
+1 permalink
6/21/2014 12:25 PM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

Oh, I love those shows! I only got to see "Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas" once, sadly. I also never saw Diamond Horseshoe in person, sadly, and of course, now that it's gone, I'm sad that I never did!
0 permalink
6/21/2014 1:29 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I would definitely agree with Twas the Night at the Magic Kingdom.
Also, Hyperspace Hoopla at Hollywood Studios was always hilarious, and ridiculously popular. Now they have fireworks. Sigh.
At Parc Disneyland in Disneyland Paris, another Christmas show, Mickey's Winter Wonderland.
At Walt Disney Studios Park, Lilo and Stitch's Catch the Wave Party.
At Tokyo Disneyland, Midsummer Night's Panic.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
+1 permalink
6/24/2014 7:15 PM
RogerDreamfinder
Chip 'n' Dale
RogerDreamfinder

Even though it never left, I miss Lights Motors Action. They changed quite a bit since I saw it. Cars 2 and all that.

I saw it when it was Herbie in there instead of the whole Cars thing.

--
My only purpose in life is to make people LAUGH! -Roger Rabbit

"One little spark lights up for you!" -Dreamfinder
+1 permalink
6/25/2014 9:22 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I have never been a big fan of Lights Motors Action but I know in DLP it is a shadow of its former self now... not only the switch over to Cars but also a ton of the stunts have been removed or toned down... originally at least it was pretty exciting... now not so much... it has been awhile since I saw it at DHS... hopefully they haven't changed it as much as they have in Paris.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
6/27/2014 1:43 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

What like to see back in Paris is Mickey's Magical Storybook or something like that (I'm not sure this is the actual name)... It featured different stories and had a bunch of characters!

--
Black sorcery is my cup of tea...

Memories you'll keep long after...

www.madmadamgaetane.com
0 permalink
6/27/2014 3:01 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

GaetaneDW Wrote:
What like to see back in Paris is Mickey's Magical Storybook or something like that (I'm not sure this is the actual name)... It featured different stories and had a bunch of characters!

Mickey's Magical Map?

They'd probably have to rebuild the stage for that.
0 permalink
6/27/2014 3:18 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

Vala Wrote:
GaetaneDW Wrote:

Mickey's Magical Map?

They had something similar on Castle Stage in the nineties at DLRP i'd love to see it come back... They just had a huge book in de middle of the stage... There are some vids on youtube, but I can't find it at the moment...

--

www.madmadamgaetane.com
0 permalink
6/27/2014 3:25 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

Vala Wrote:
GaetaneDW Wrote:

Mickey's Magical Map?

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SzVXuFG4k

--

www.madmadamgaetane.com
0 permalink
the topic is closed |