Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Dining at the Disney Parks

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
the topic is closed |
6/22/2014 9:20 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The Chez Remy thread (here) got me thinking about dining at all the Disney Parks, and I was wondering where everyone likes to eat when they are visiting?

Whether it be counter service, table service, or whatever, share your thoughts and experiences!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
6/22/2014 1:46 PM
manu91700
Peter Pan
manu91700

je connais que dlp! mes restaurants préférés sont Plazza Graden, Agrabah Cafe et bien sûr l'Invention au DLH
0 permalink
6/22/2014 2:03 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

You like Inventions Emmanuel? I never knew that! They say you learning something new everyday though! 😉😂

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
6/22/2014 2:14 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

DLP:

Table Service - Inventions by far, but only the brunch. Dinner has been a let down too many times.
Counter service - Hakuna Matata. Like the spicy food.

DLR:

Table Service... wait, do buffets count as table service? Big Grin

Goofy's Kitchen and the Big Thunder Barbecue. Love Goofy's. Love at first sight. Not only for the characters, the food is pretty good for a theme park too. And the barbecue sauce at the Barbecue is to die for.

Counter Service.

That's a new favorite since last year, the Jolly Holiday bakery. I by chance had that roastbeef sandwich on my last day. Delicious.

In DCA it used to be Taste Pilot's Grill (which I still like). While I still like it there it's the standard fast food options. I now prefer Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta and Paradise Garden Grill because they have more healthy options.

Hidden Gem: the pies at Flo's V8 Cafe and the Churro Bites at Cozy Cones.

WDW:

Erm... I spent running around between character meals. That will be tough. LOL The only counter service I had was Pecos Bills and while it was okay I really can't class it as a favorite. Wait... ice cream goes over the counter. Big Grin Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, in particular the mini version of the Kitchen Sink that they offer.

Favorite place to eat... I thought about half an hour about that one. LOL Crystal Palace. I liked that buffet slightly better than Park Fare, and while the character interaction was good at those places the atmosphere at Crystal Palaces was more to my liking.
0 permalink
6/22/2014 4:21 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

I love a inventions for dinner and brunch at DLP.

We don't like to spend too much time at sit-down dining during the daytime in the parks as we like to maximise rides and characters, we usually grab a quick lunch at Au Chalet de la Marionnette in Fantasyland, we absolutely love their curry hotdog and fries.

We tend to have a more substantial evening meal, sitting down and having a beer/glass of wine etc.

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
6/22/2014 4:22 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Great idea for a thread! Some of you might not know this but until Christmas 2013, Amy and I hated eating inside the park. We would often walk out to the village to get food. A) Because we were disillusioned and thought park food was expensive and B) We had a rather unfortunate meal at Toad Hall which we thought had put us off Disney In-Park Dining forever. That was until we were with Dan and Jon last Christmas and they suggested we should try Colonel Hathi's, ever since we have always dined in park trying Hakuna Matata, Cowboy Cookout, Bella Notte, Cowboy Cookout and others. We had eaten at the buffets such as at Restaurant Des Stars and Plaza Gardens, because you really can't go wrong with a buffet, can you.

I've had a think and here are my favourite Disney Dining locations.

1) Trader Sams, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland.

Believe it or not we never went inside! However, it was the nicest, warmest evening and after a day sightseeing in Hollywood we tried this place and the ambience was amazing. We thought we were at Aulani, the theme is world class and I love the fire torches. Such a beautiful atmosphere. If you like burgers you must try the Hawaiian burger and if you like spicy food you must smother your fries in the hot chilli sauce, amazingly tasty. Would love to go back here!

2) Inventions, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Paris

I know that almost everyone on this forum is a big fan of this splendid restaurant. The buffet always has plentiful choice of delicious starters, mains and desserts. I absolutely love the breaded chicken breast here, I could eat platefuls. I also like the 'Ox Pellets' which is the bizarre Inventions translation for Beef Meatballs.
What I like most about here though has to be the character brunches. You never know who will turn up at them and in what outfits. If you told me that I would have met the Little Einsteins here at a New Year Brunch, I would have laughed at you all the way out of the park. Amy and I have attended the Snow White, Neverland, New Year, Alice and Wonderland and Aristocats brunches. We absolutely love them, so much fun and worth every penny. Don't ever be disillusioned by the price tag, you will get so much out of the experience for your money!

3) Plaza Inn, Disneyland Park, Disneyland

We ate here both at lunch time and for Minnie's Breakfast. We had a magical time at both and the cast members here are beyond sensational. You will not get customer service like it anywhere else in the world. The food here tastes good and you get good sized portions. They also let you (and encourage you) to fill a cup of coke in a takeaway cup to take around the park after your meal, something I have never seen encouraged anywhere else. Minnie's breakfast is also fabulous. The food is served buffet style but someone physically serves you rather than help yourself, but you can still eat as much as you want. We met so many characters in one sitting, the total was about eleven including some cool ones such as the Fairy Godmother and Max Goof. Anywhere where you can dine with Max Goof is going to be a favourite of mine!

4) Cafe Mickey, Disney Village, Disneyland Paris

This place gets a hard time. It really does, and I don't think it deserves the majority of criticism it gets. The place is normally packed and the staff do a good job to manage a restaurant full of children who are completly excited at the fact of Mickey being five tables away that they have to shout or even run over and touch him when he is not at their table. We've never had a problem with the service or food here and we have visited approximately 10 times in the last four years. Although it is a shame the randomness of who will appear is somewhat diminished, the character interaction itself has always been amongst the best we've experienced anywhere. We have often stayed here for 2 hours or longer, having fun with our character friends! Couple of tips - Get a reservation for 9pm and stay until 11 when the characters leave, the restaurant is less busy and you often have them all to yourself in the run up to closing time! Also, if you ever have a birthday there is only one place to celebrate it, the cake costs €26, but you get characters dancing at your tables music, sparklers, the whole shabang. My most memorable cake featured Gideon, Hook and Smee which was real fun for a big Villains fan!

5) Cowboy Cookout, Parc Disneyland, Disneyland Paris

I love the theming in this restaurant. The live music, rustic feel and delicious food is a fabulous combination. It also has big windows so you can see if anybody exciting is meeting outside. Normally if Minnie comes out you can see Amy devouring her burger at rapid pace! The burgers here are really nice, and the price is very reasonable.

6) Cafe des Cascadeurs, Walt Disney Studios, Disneyland Paris

This might seem an odd one for some people. I have to admit I have only dined here whilst at a special event, but the burgers here are really amazing! They are cooked right in front of you so you can see how fresh they are. Although the burgers are similar to those at Cowboy Cookout, you can really taste the freshness here. Delicious! I really want to return here on our next trip, the atmosphere and theme is just perfect for the Studios park!
edited by DisneyMart on 6/22/2014

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
6/23/2014 6:05 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

For me it is (at DLRP of course)
- Market House Deli (Counter Service, Main Street USA)
- Annette's Dinner (Disney Village)
- Auberge de Cendrillon (Fantasyland)
- Inventions (lunch, dinner and brunch)

--
Black sorcery is my cup of tea...

Memories you'll keep long after...

www.madmadamgaetane.com
0 permalink
6/23/2014 9:27 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

For table service meals at WDW , I haven't done many, at least not that I can remember. I have vague recollections of eating at the Garden Grill, but that was back in the 90s. The luau at the Polynesian Resort is a little more clearer. Of my recent trips, I've eaten at 50s Prime Time, Sanaa, Liberty Tree Tavern, Rose & Crown, and breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

For quick service, there's been quite a bit more, so I'll just mention my faves and why.

Be Our Guest- Not managed to snag a dinner reservation in '12 or '13, so lunch was a suitable alternative, and it's BEAUTIFUL in there. The food's tasty too.
Cosmic Ray's- The food's not all that different from other quick service spots, but I LOVE Sonny Eclipse.
Sunset Market Ranch- More for the atmosphere and location. It's a nice hub spot since it's right in the middle of four attractions.
Flame Tree BBQ- Delicious. Just watch out for the ducks. They're quite brazen here.
Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation Resort)- I love this place.
Sunshine Seasons- Great variety and the freshest food on property, as much of it is grown at the nearby Living With the Land attraction.
0 permalink
6/23/2014 1:15 PM
wolfingtonj
Minnie Mouse
wolfingtonj

At Disney Land, I love Minnie's Breakfast. We go here every time we visit Disney Land because of the characters. The food is great and you see the most characters here. We have been several times and each time we were there we saw around 11 different characters that came around to your tables.
At DCA, I love Ariel's Grotto for Lunch. The food was fabulous. It is a little more expensive but well worth the price. This is probably my favorite out of all of the character meals in regards to the food.
0 permalink
6/23/2014 1:19 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

11? Man, WDW character meals you get 4 or 5. You'll probably get a Marvel character meal before we do, too.
0 permalink
6/23/2014 1:29 PM
wolfingtonj
Minnie Mouse
wolfingtonj

Here is who we saw last summer when we went to Minnies Breakfast: Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Fairy Godmother, Giddeon and Max.
The time before it was: Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Tigger, Eeyore, Pooh, Max, Hook, Raffiki, Turk, and Fairy Godmother.
And yes, they were all there during the same hour that we had breakfast
0 permalink
6/23/2014 3:36 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

mattblack Wrote:
11? Man, WDW character meals you get 4 or 5. You'll probably get a Marvel character meal before we do, too.

It's been like that, yes. Last year the number went down significantly while I visited. But it is still the meal with the largest cast of characters I've ever been to in the US. The only one where I ever saw more was the Halloween brunch in Paris a couple of years ago.
0 permalink
6/23/2014 3:46 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes Minnie's Breakfast was character crazy which is awesome!

We met; Minnie, Tigger, Chip, Dale, Eeyore, Fairy Godmother, Peter Pan, Rafiki, Max and Captain Hook, which actually makes the total 10 but still impressive!! 😃😃

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
6/24/2014 3:44 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We've always enjoyed Minnie's Breakfast in the Park, too. There are usually a good number of characters and the food is great.
I also really love Inventions at DLP (of course!) and Ohana's breakfast at WDW.
Ohana is just beautiful. The South Pacific setting, with the views overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom, the theming, the food and of course the characters!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |