Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Character Meet & Greets in the Magic of Animation Building

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
7/10/2014 10:24 AM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

I've always loved the area in the Animation Building that hosts M&Gs for new Disney movies. However, one thing that I would really love for them to do is to use the area to host M&Gs for other characters. Let me explain: I think it would be great to bring out some rare, or less common animated characters to greet guests. They could have a rotation of those characters; maybe four, or five regular sets. I was thinking characters like:
  • Clopin and Esmeralda
  • Hercules and Megara
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Pinocchio and Geppetto
  • Mushu, Ping and Shang
And, it could change up every so often. Not necessarily princes and princess -- which is why I said "Ping," instead of "Mulan." -- but beloved animated characters. What do you guys think. I said four, or five sets, so that there was a variety, and so that it would attract more guests. What do you guys think?
edited by Logan J. Kelly on 7/10/2014
0 permalink
7/26/2014 4:00 PM
Sorcerer Lito
Mickey Mouse
Sorcerer Lito

Have these sets replace Ralph and Vannellope. I would include the Robin Hood gang (Friar Tuck, Robin Hood, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Prince John), a Villains gang (Cruella, Maleficent, Oogie Boogie and the Queen), Tarzan gang (Tarzan, Jane, Terk and Kala), Pocahontas gang (Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko and Governor Radcliffe) and a Lilo and Stitch gang (Lilo, Stitch, Jumbaa and Gantu). I would add four characters to each set though, since they'd be rotating throughout the day. I would add Frollo and Quasimodo to the Hunchback gang, Hades and Philocetes to the Hercules gang, Foulfellow and Gideon to the Pinocchio gang and Shan Yu to the Mulan gang.
+1 permalink