Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » New Characters coming to Hollywood Studios

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
1/24/2015 7:02 AM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

Sheriff Callie and Miles from Tomorrowland are rumored to be coming to Hollywood Studios.

Olaf is rumored to be taking Baymax and Hiro's location once they vacate that spot.

All Rumors speculated on WDWMagic.com by Drew81. Here is a link to the conversation :http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-characters-coming.895150/
edited by MMDDGPCDC on 1/24/2015
0 permalink
1/24/2015 7:24 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Hmm... I imagine that part of DHS would get VERY busy if the Olaf rumor is true.
0 permalink
1/24/2015 8:12 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I'm going to change the name of this thread, as Disney Junior is confusing.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/24/2015 5:13 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

DisneyDan Wrote:
I'm going to change the name of this thread, as Disney Junior is confusing.

Thanks I guess it was confusing and I have changed my first post to include where all these rumors are being speculated
0 permalink
1/24/2015 7:41 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah... that space is not big enough to handle Olaf I don't think... going to be a zoo... but hopefully all those characters do come to DHS!

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
1/25/2015 7:24 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Just so there is no confusion as to who these characters are... Sheriff Callie and Miles from Tomorrowland are both new Disney Junior characters with their own shows that launched/are launching late Jan and early Feb... so hopefully these characters will appear soon! Here are pictures of the characters

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
1/26/2015 8:40 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

There definitely has been confusion in the fan community over this! I admit when I read it, I read it as, Sheriff Callie and Miles, from (new movie) "Tomorrowland". It actually is effectively, "Sheriff Callie" and "Miles from Tomorrowland". LOL!
I think there are going to be a lot of confused parents when the Tomorowland movie comes out! LOL!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/26/2015 9:23 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I think the reason MfT was developed was to give the film a bit more exposure. Same with the M&G- why else greenlight a character from a series we don't even know is going to be popular yet?
0 permalink
1/26/2015 5:54 PM
Timotheus10
Chip 'n' Dale
Timotheus10

Seems legit about Miles from Tomorrowland. I wonder if there will actually be a character in the movie named Miles. Either way, I can't wait to see the movie.
0 permalink
1/28/2015 10:34 AM
Drew
Chip 'n' Dale
Drew

Olaf is happening. Could the set location move? Sure, but it's not likely.

After Baymax and Hiro head to the retirement center, Entertainment will need to have someone at that spot. With the amount of requests Olaf gets this will be a welcomed change among many. I would look for him to be there early April.
0 permalink
1/29/2015 12:21 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Take this for what its worth lol... On a Princess cruise, just after Christmas, my family and I struck up a conversation with a very nice couple. The gentleman said he worked for Disney...I mentioned we had just been there for 8 days and he chuckled. He said that he has been a character attendant in animation building at HS for over 15 years. I mentioned how much we love the characters and that I heard a rumor that Baymax is leaving already and that some characters from "inside Out" would be replacing them soon...he said it was news to him but that he will ask his boss via email. A few days later I ran into him again and he stopped me and said (while whispering lol)...Baymax will be gone in 1-3 months depending on popularity...and probably would stay the full 3 months because the set and queue take a large amount of time and money to do. I asked who would replace them and he said maybe Inside Out but not sure yet. The whole whispering thing gave me a good laugh.

As a side story...he said that he works with Minnie. I mentioned that she has a cool room but nobody knows shes back there. He had a good laugh and said that its a running joke with the workers that they put her back there in a beautiful room...and that nobody can find her unless the line gets long and people become curious about the line lol. We both agreed it was a silly layout.
0 permalink
3/23/2015 7:21 PM
Drew
Chip 'n' Dale
Drew

Olaf will still happen down the road but due to some, um, challenges(certain people changing their minds, etc) he might not be appearing at Animation.
0 permalink
6/24/2015 5:45 PM
RogerDreamfinder
Chip 'n' Dale
RogerDreamfinder

I'm just wondering, but I had just seen a picture of Joy and Sadness from Inside Out as character costumes. Would it be possible that they're next?

--
My only purpose in life is to make people LAUGH! -Roger Rabbit

"One little spark lights up for you!" -Dreamfinder
0 permalink
6/24/2015 6:41 PM
kingpreston
Mickey Mouse
kingpreston

Ok i don't know why they would have Olaf start meeting there when they could put Joy and Sadness because Inside Out is new and Frozen is like 3 years old.
0 permalink
6/25/2015 5:10 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Well, when a film first comes out, the film studio in question foots the cost for the first 3 months or so. After that time, the cost shifts to the parks, and they would have to decide whether or not it's worth it and, if so, who would they take out to cover it in the budget. Pixar, for whatever reason, is not footing the bill for meet & greets, and since it's unclear yet what kind of popularity or staying power the characters have, the parks are understandably reluctant to want to invest the money and time in training to have these characters out.
0 permalink
10/14/2015 11:27 PM
mengchere
Mickey Mouse
mengchere

Thanks for the share of these informations.
edited by DisneyDan on 10/20/2015
0 permalink