Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Minnie Mouse has now departed the Magic of Disney Animation

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
the topic is closed |
2/16/2015 11:22 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Somewhat bizarre news from Disney's Hollywood Studios today.
Minnie Mouse has now been moved out of the Magic of Disney Animation building, from her nicely themed indoor area, to around the central hub of the park (where the hat used to be).
For your reference here is the room in question. Note that Minnie wore a sparky version of her classic dress in this location. Now she just wears her regular classic one outside. Such a shame!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/16/2015 11:48 AM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

Poor Minnie! Thrown onto the Streets while her dressing room is used to have a picture taken with an Oscar statue... Violin
0 permalink
2/16/2015 4:42 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

I believe she will eventually move back to the dressing room and will begin talking with guests like Mickey does at the Magic Kingdom.
+1 permalink
2/16/2015 4:53 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Oh, that makes sense! Although, I'm not sure how they are supposed to work on adapting the room for the new technology if you can still go in and get a photo with that statue :P I guess we shall see.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
2/16/2015 5:08 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

But it will be talking Minnie and then once you leave, theres a regular Mickey just next door! How does a parent explain that to a child? At Magic Kingdom they are miles apart but here they are in the same building. Still happy they are finally bringing this into the parks
edited by MMDDGPCDC on 2/16/2015
0 permalink
2/16/2015 5:58 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

I'm not too sure either how they'll do it with the statue photo op, this might not even have anything to do with adding the technology in but I know that the plan is to have Minnie talking in that room eventually. The Oscar photo op is only supposed to last a week and I'm not sure if this is long enough for anything to happen. Saying that there could already be many aspects of this ready in that room but that's just speculation on my part.

After Minnie eventually starts talking, Goofy may start talking in Epcot and Donald at the Animal Kingdom.

As for how a parent will explain it, probably just the same way that they explain why characters (for the most part) don't speak. And really, in the Magic Kingdom, Mickey isn't a million miles away from Minnie, Pluto and Marie meeting at the flag pole.
edited by ssaamm on 2/16/2015
+1 permalink
2/16/2015 9:43 PM
MMDDGPCDC
Stitch
MMDDGPCDC

I think that the next place for talking characters should have been at Adventurers Outpost at Animal Kingdom! They have already got Mickey talking but to have them in a place that is perfect for talking characters and getting interactions from two beloved characters would be amazing! Could you imagine Mickey and Minnie chatting away to guests together?!

BTW there is already a discussion on Talking Minnie in the Parks that I made.
edited by MMDDGPCDC on 2/16/2015
0 permalink
2/17/2015 10:31 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

She's going back to her dressing room after the awards ceremony...

I think she should have stayed in her room with the oscars, but she should wear a special glam awards ceremony gown, and guests get their picture with her in that costume and the statuette....

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
the topic is closed |