Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Your best memories with characters

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 |
3/26/2015 1:38 PM
STITCH626
Stitch
STITCH626

What are your best and most exciting experiences with characters?
One of my favorites was on Sunday when I went to Disneyland, I met brer' rabbit at the springtime roundup and when I spoke to him he said he was Captain America!? Apparently hes Cap before he shaved Big Grin and his shield is behind the backdrop!Woo Hoo!
0 permalink
3/26/2015 2:40 PM
tekenaar
Chip 'n' Dale
tekenaar

My best memory is the meet and greet with Buffalo Bill.
The story behind is so crazy and stupid.
It was the summer of 2014 and i wanted to have a picture with Buffalo Bill.
So i decided to send a e-mail to Disney with my question .
They answered No it is not possible .But i dot give up so easy.
So when i visited the park i also asked at everyone that is see if it was possible .
But the answer was NO. I started to give up and i was returning to the McDonalds where my parents waited for me.
My daddy was waiting for me and he said that he did see a guy who looked like Buffalo Bill in the McDonalds.
He did show me the way to this guy. And after i did see him i decided to talk to him. This guy was a 'friend' from Buffalo Bill and he promised me a picture after the show.
And this is the picture !!!

--
Please click the banner below to visit Disneywheels characters
0 permalink
3/26/2015 2:48 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You got Annie Oakley and an apparent twin of Mr Cody, too! LOL!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
3/26/2015 4:10 PM
manu91700
Peter Pan
manu91700

make a picture with lots of character
0 permalink
3/27/2015 2:18 AM
tekenaar
Chip 'n' Dale
tekenaar

DisneyDan Wrote:
You got Annie Oakley and an apparent twin of Mr Cody, too! LOL!

Annie Oakley was so nice to me.
She is realy a lovely person to meet.
The Guy who looks like colonel Cody is Richard.
He looks a little bit different now.
He did shaved his beard and moustache.
I also did see him during my last visit in februari .
And i almost didn't recognized him.

@ Manu91700
I realy love your picture!
IT is always hard to get a good group picture.
But this one is just perfect.
edited by Tekenaar on 3/27/2015

--
0 permalink
3/27/2015 10:29 AM
Jackie1996
Chip 'n' Dale
Jackie1996

manu91700 Wrote:
make a picture with lots of character

I always wonder how do these sort of group photos happen?! Do you have to request it from Disney? I struggle getting even Mickey and Minnie together let alone a group like this
0 permalink
3/27/2015 1:09 PM
manu91700
Peter Pan
manu91700

that's the magic of Disney Jackie 1996 ;-)
0 permalink
3/27/2015 6:43 PM
MistaJ
Mickey Mouse
MistaJ

One of my fondest character memories wasn't during a meet and greet but during the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade in the Magic Kingdom.
I went to the parks to celebrate my birthday so I was wearing a Birthday button. I was watching the parade when a float with Peter Pan, Wendy, Alice and the Mad Hatter passed by. Out of nowhere Hatter walked up to the brim of the float and started waving to the park guests. He looked at me and then said "Happy Birthday".
It was a simple little gesture but it meant a lot to me because he's one of my favorite classic characters and we all know that Hatter isn't one to celebrate real Birthdays.
+1 permalink
3/28/2015 1:13 AM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

I would love a group shot like the one manu19700 posted. I did happen to meet Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale together once at Tomorrowland in Disneyland Park a few years back. That was nice, and even better, the Mad Hatter was greeting guests close by. It was such a great surprise to see him in Tomorrowland. I think he was explaining to the guests before me that the parade was going on in Fantasyland, and that he wasn't in it, which made it boring LOL.

And yes, like MistaJ said, parades are always great for character experiences. It always feels magical when a character smiles at you or maybe even interacts with you.

One character meet and greet moment I remember from young would be at Walt Disney World. I think this took place at the Magic Kingdom. They had some sort of area where all the villains were meeting guests. Jafar, Queen of Hearts and Prince John were all there. When it came to meeting Evil Queen and Maleficent, I was terrified. I was hiding behind my sister and the Evil Queen walked towards me but I resisted. I seriously regret that now! I so want to meet her!

My better experiences have taken place at Universal Studios Singapore, because I am there a lot and am used to the characters there. Many of them recognise me trip after trip, and that's always nice. I remember posing as though I was proposing to Marilyn Monroe and that drew some "oohs" from other guests in line. Haha
0 permalink
3/29/2015 3:38 AM
LastLadybug
Minnie Mouse
LastLadybug

My best memory is probably meeting Esmeralda back in the summer of 2009 - my dad must have been deaf after all my high-pitched squeeing and "omgbringthecameraaaaa"! Big Grin
Also every single time I met Captain Jack Sparrow in the past seven years... but I'm not sure if that time we sang "A pirate's life for me" together with lots of confused spanish guests looking on beats Halloween two years ago when I dressed up as the Redhead from the ride and he ditched the whole queue upon seeing me. That was so, so brilliant! Woo Hoo!
edited by LastLadybug on 3/29/2015

--
Last trip: DLP 18.04.-19.04.2015

Next trip: DLP 03.10.-04.10.2015
0 permalink
3/30/2015 12:31 AM
Timotheus10
Chip 'n' Dale
Timotheus10

I have many great memories with Disney characters. One of mine happened this previous February. I was at Disney's PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel near Disneyland. Stitch came by my table with a birthday card. It happened to be my birthday that day. He gave me a very special signature that read "Happy Birthday Tim.. My Ohana". It made me so happy, I almost cried because it made me feel like part of their family.
0 permalink
3/31/2015 9:55 AM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

Mine was few days ago. I went to Six Flags Over Texas with Diancie and before riding Batman, I meet 7 Looney Tunes Pals are Bugs, Wile E., Sylvester, Daffy, Foghorn, Tweedy, and Martin. Last Year, I meet Anna and Elsa 2 times with my Pokepals and Sonic. Anna and Elsa loves my new friends. We enjoying chatting until time comes. They promise me that I eat chocolate for them cause we love chocolate.
0 permalink
4/21/2015 5:04 PM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

0 permalink
8/31/2015 1:50 AM
tekenaar
Chip 'n' Dale
tekenaar

Yesterday i did meet Iron Man on a Disney Channel event in Belgium .
It was a fun experience to meet a new Disney/Marvel character on temporary Disney ground .
They also filmed me for a special on Disney Channel Belgium .

--
0 permalink
8/31/2015 4:36 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Now THAT is amazing! Congrats

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
8/31/2015 7:17 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

https://flic.kr/p/vd4VvT

Sorry for being off the forum this long, here's one of my most precious memories <3
edited by GaetaneDW on 8/31/2015

--
Black sorcery is my cup of tea...

Trips coming up:
- October 4th
- October 11th
- October 30th till November 2nd
- November 29th
- December 26th

Memories you'll keep long after...

www.madmadamgaetane.blogspot.com
MadMadamGaëtane on Flickr
+1 permalink
8/31/2015 7:38 AM
tekenaar
Chip 'n' Dale
tekenaar

GaetaneDW Wrote:

Sorry for being off the forum this long, here's one of my most precious memories <3

Woow i love this picture !
And Belle is beautyful as always

--
0 permalink
8/31/2015 12:24 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

GaetaneDW Wrote:

You're prettier than the princesses :-)

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
9/1/2015 3:03 AM
MadMadamGaetane
Angel
MadMadamGaetane

DisneyDuckLover Wrote:
GaetaneDW Wrote:

You're prettier than the princesses :-)

Aww, you charmer <3

--
Black sorcery is my cup of tea...

Trips coming up:
- October 4th
- October 11th
- October 30th till November 2nd
- November 29th
- December 26th

Memories you'll keep long after...

www.madmadamgaetane.blogspot.com
MadMadamGaëtane on Flickr
0 permalink
9/1/2015 8:44 AM
Liesel
Chip 'n' Dale
Liesel

Last sunday finally meeting Cheshire cat after being disappointed too many times.
Mission accomplished and life complete! :-D
+2 permalink
pages: 1 2 |