Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Your best memories with characters

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed |
9/1/2015 10:08 AM
tekenaar
Chip 'n' Dale
tekenaar

Liesel Wrote:
Last sunday finally meeting Cheshire cat after being disappointed too many times.
Mission accomplished and life complete! :-D

Where did you meet him ?
Did he appeared at the Sunday brunch ?

--
Please click the banner below to visit Disneywheels characters
0 permalink
9/1/2015 11:04 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Yes, he was at the brunch.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
9/1/2015 4:11 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

I've had quite a few great character encounters. These are a couple of the most recent, and even though they are not "rare" characters, they will be life-long happy memories for me.

Last year at the first MNSSHP I attended at WDW, on our first visit to Club Villain, Cruella spotted me immediately and parted the crowd to get to me. We then had a wonderful conversation and photo op. Then she took me to the center of the dance floor, and the DJ put on "Who Let the Dogs Out." I'm not a dancer by any standards, but it was a lot of fun, and super-memorable.

Also last year at WDW's MK, on my actual birthday, I made it a point to meet with my favorite princesses while I was Disneybounding in my makeshift tribute to Prince Philip (even at the cost of overdressing in the Florida heat and humidity). Snow White is my favorite Princess, and she was completely delightful. Not only did she acknowledge my birthday (re: the birthday button), she recognized my outfit's inspiration (ok, yeah, the Flynn Satchel throws it off a bit), and we had a most memorable interaction that was probably 5-7 minutes long (and not one of those: "Hello! How are you! Let's take a picture! *click* Goodbye" meetings). Normally, I get very starstruck and shy whenever I meet Snow White, but this time I was completely at ease. Thank you, Snow White, for being the highlight of my birthday! <3

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
3/23/2016 7:52 PM
RogerDreamfinder
Chip 'n' Dale
RogerDreamfinder

My best memory was meeting some of the Mickey Mouse characters. Specifically, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto. I met them at Disney World's restaurant Chef Mickey's. Mind you, I was wearing a shirt that said, "I got out of bed for this?" Mickey was.... well.... less than pleased that I was wearing this shirt. But we got a picture and he signed my autograph book.

Goofy shined my mother's head with a napkin, and Pluto gave my mom a kiss.

--
My only purpose in life is to make people LAUGH! -Roger Rabbit

"One little spark lights up for you!" -Dreamfinder
0 permalink
4/20/2016 4:30 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

I'm not sure if I shared this story before, but here we go.

Christmas week, 2012. My mom, sister, and I are having breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Mom is getting food when Alice comes over. My sister gets her picture taken, and then Alice comes over to me. She opens with some conversation to suggest a pose...

"You look like you do a lot of reading and a lot of thinking..."

At this point, my sister interrupts. "Yeah, he's a nerd."

"Well, THAT is a TERRIBLY rude thing to say! I myself read a great many books and do a great deal of thinking, and I would NEVER refer to myself as a nerd." To me, "She's quite mad, isn't she? She'd best be careful, or the Queen of Hearts will take her head!"

Now with my sister stunned speechless, I get my picture taken with Alice, all the while fighting the s***-eating grin that wants to spread across my face. Once Alice leaves, I submit to the grin. "Oh, snap! You just got scolded by Alice! This is the greatest thing ever." My sister can be... difficult, at times, so seeing her so roundly put in her place was like a Christmas miracle.
0 permalink
5/27/2016 7:30 PM
disnerd250
Mickey Mouse
disnerd250

Mine was probably seeing the talking Mickey for the first time. That or my first encounter with SpongeBob at a carnival.
0 permalink
5/31/2016 12:36 AM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

Mine is Anna and Elsa. Every time I came to Disneyland Resort, I always meet Anna and Elsa. Plus I bring my Pokemon Pals to make new friends with Anna and Elsa including Ash, Serena, Diancie, Kyurem Duo, Hoopa Confined, Xerneas, and Yveltal. Plus I tell them about my recent time at Disneyland including meet Star Wars characters, discover 60th Diamond Celebration, meet Princesses, ride the attraction like Tower of Terror, and getting ready to watch World of Color Celebrate!
edited by Greg on 6/24/2016
0 permalink
7/3/2016 2:15 PM
Karltakigawa
Mickey Mouse
Karltakigawa

Loved showing Yamcha's techniques to Minnie and Mickey.

btw, Minnie my idol.
0 permalink
7/19/2016 10:09 PM
DapperGirl
Mickey Mouse
DapperGirl

my favorite when i was 5
0 permalink
1/8/2017 12:59 AM
Dragonfan007
Mickey Mouse
Dragonfan007

This was with my most recent trip to Disneykand last month. I was wearing my kingdom hearts t shirt that day and saw Pluto, Mickey, Goofy and Donald. I kept missing Daisey. Anyway when Pluto saw my shirt he pointed to it and then looked at Mickey who was nearby. He gave me a hug. It was awesome. Seems different characters react to the kind of shirt your wearing. When I went to see Cinderella she asked if I was a prince in disguise. Cinderella is my favorite. I also got to meet Moana and she was so awesome and super nice. I asked how Maui was doing and she said he was off somewhere probably pulling up an island. She asked if I've seen Pua and I told her I haven't but would keep a lookout. The next day I went to California Adventure, first time there. I was wearing my Pokemon go team mystic shirt with Articuno on it. I missed meeting Nick and Judy. But got to meet Elsa and Anna, my hands were shaking as I was excited. I got to hug them both. I also got to meet Captain America, he asked if I knew about the Civial War and I said I did. He asked which side I was on and I told him team Cap. I told him that Tony is probably in deep though (for those who don't know see the movie as Cap sent Tony a Letter) then I saw Spider-Man. When I told him my name was Ben he said he loved that name and we did a pose together. I also got Woody's autograph, and other characters as well. I hope to go again really soon. I have yet to meet Repunzel and Bell. I want to meet Moana again to.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed |