Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » My Coolest Summer Ever- Trip Report

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
pages: 1 2 |
5/26/2015 9:09 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

This summer I have been on a fantastic character filled journey around the world and in doing so went to all 5 Disney's in one summer! Since there is so much to say I will only tell you about character aspects. Let's start our grand adventure with my home Disney, Disney World.
Day 1: Be Our Guest
Today was the day I FINALLY got a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest! We had hoped to see some characters at Animal Kingdom beforehand, but we only saw two regulars. Here is who we met:
Tarzan:

Donald:

After we checked into our hotel room at the Contemporary, we headed to Be Our Guest:

Now for the host himself:

Also before anyone asks, the gray stuff WAS delicious. Then off to bed because we have 24 hours to get through tomorrow...
edited by wp on 5/26/2015
edited by wp on 8/23/2015
0 permalink
5/27/2015 6:10 AM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Well I would be over the moon to see the first regular eventually. Big Grin

Great pictures.
+1 permalink
5/27/2015 9:50 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Awesome pictures, can't wait for the rest pal!

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
+1 permalink
5/29/2015 9:59 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 2: What? It is six in the morning!
So we got up early and waited by the Contemporary, our hotel, and around 5 am there was a long line:

As you can see in the second image, some rude people who arrived late and didn't want to wait on line walked up to the side of the line to try and merge in with the early arrivals. We had heard that they would let people go to the front gate starting around 5:00-5:15am, so we arrived early but were not being allowed to cross over to the Magic Kingdom. People obeyed but as time passed some began singing "Let us cross, let us cross, don't hold us back anymore...." At around 5:25am people on line began receiving calls from people at the Magic Kingdom gates asking why they weren't at the gates! Well, turns out the security guard holding us WAS FORGOTTEN BY DISNEY! Then she radioed her supervisor and turned to us and said: "Oppsie, I guess you could have gone." I don't even know where to begin with how wrong that situation was.... So we RUN and I beat out everyone in our line to the front of the park. It was a mad house but I got a good view of Mickey and Minnie doing media meets:

Then we watched the opening show:

Then we bumped into Fire Chief Smokey Miller (this was my first time meeting a citizen of Main Street) :

After talking to a character manager, we found out Mickey would not appear in his pj's, Mr. Penguin was meeting, and Dopey was going to meet but is now not going to meet. So we got on Minnie's line:

Then after some waiting we met Mary, Bert, and Mr. Penguin:

Then we checked out some sweets on Main Street, made especially for the 24 hour event:

Next, we met Mickey with our fastpass:

Then we moseyed on over to Frontierland to meet Chip and Dale:

Next, we went to meet Buzz Lightyear:

Then, we met Donald and Goofy in Storybook Circus (Donald hid for a while behind the curtain):

Then we partied with the Incredibles and saw Stitch walk by:

Then, I met Alice and the White Rabbit:

After, I was talking to a friend in line and he told me Geppetto was in Fantasyland. So I took off running. Then we met one of the only special characters to appear all day...Geppeto! :

After, we went to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade:

Then we saw Genie in Adventureland and heard that Hook and Smee would be meeting as well. So my friend waited on the Aladdin line and we ran to wait for Hook and Smee. We were told they would meet where Peter used to meet. But after a long time we figured they weren't coming and as we walked into Adventureland, we saw them! But the line was closed. We explained to the cast member what happened and she allowed us to join the line. So we met them:

Then we ran over to Aladdin, but it turns out Genie had only been there for one set, so we only met Aladdin and Jasmine:

Then I went to see Dream Along with Mickey:

Then we watched the Festival of Fantasy again, but this time with the special pre-parade with Disney Channel and Disney XD stars:

Half of the stars were on their phones taking video, pictures, and tweeting!
We then met up with Dan and Jon. We decided that since nothing was really happening, to head to the Polynesian to check out the newly opened Trader Sam's Grog Grotto/Tiki Terrace and enjoy some Dole Whip treats on the patio. We then returned to the park. We sat at a great spot to watch the Frozen parade, but it started to rain, then thunder and lightening, so the parade was "delayed," not once but 2 times. By this time, the rain was heavy and it was almost 1 am, so we decided to leave the 24 hour event, even though leaving meant we would miss meeting the Mickey friends in their pj's. But that is another reason to go to Disneyland on Christmas Eve.
+1 permalink
5/30/2015 7:40 PM
Dancer_Jonathan
Minnie Mouse
Dancer_Jonathan

Awesome trip report!!!!
0 permalink
6/1/2015 9:57 AM
Sorcerer Lito
Mickey Mouse
Sorcerer Lito

Glad you found Geppetto! Nice to see you again!
0 permalink
6/2/2015 4:31 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Great report W!

I love how Geppetto is a special character over in your neck of the woods, as you know we can not avoid him in DLP. He randomly pops up in Fronteirland, Adventureland, Discoveryland, Stars N Cars .... Everywhere!! He is a bit of a cult figure in DLP as you know!!

I'm glad the CM was accommodating for you with Hook and Smee.

Fantastic report!!!!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
6/2/2015 3:18 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

More Big Grin

--
--
0 permalink
6/2/2015 4:34 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Should update more tonight.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 9:52 AM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Finally going to update more today. Get ready because this report will be a long time before it is done!
+1 permalink
8/23/2015 10:49 AM
Nala
Stitch
Nala

I'm sure it will be worth the wait =D
0 permalink
8/23/2015 2:34 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

wp Wrote:
Finally going to update more today. Get ready because this report will be a long time before it is done!

Can't wait, Mr P!

--
--
0 permalink
8/23/2015 3:32 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 3: May the Force be With You!
Today we planned to go to Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios. We started our day at the Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy & his Pals at the Four Seasons hotel:

We were also celebrating Dan's birthday:

Then we head over to Hollywood Studios and watched the parade:

Then we tried to meet a Gamorrean Guard but he didn't like us, so he decided he would not even look in our direction. So we met Jango Fett:

Then we met some Sand People:

Then we had to check in with some Imperial troopers:

Then on our way to see the VIPs we passed by Chewie:

So we get in line for the VIPs and we end up meeting Goofy and Donald but we saw Mickey and Minnie:

Then we decided to leave and take a rest because all the lines were super long! Later we met back up with Dan and Jon for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Overall the event was ok but I'd do it once and never again. Here is who we saw:

They have an interesting system with the characters. They do NOT come to you. They dance, take a break and you can form lines when they come back to take pictures. You need to be alert because they only meet 3 times. We met everyone:

At the end they did a grand finale:

Then we head back to our hotel:

On our way to our room we saw Pirate Pals returning:

Then we went to bed. We have an all new breakfast tomorrow.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 3:56 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 4: Intergalactic Safari
This morning we thought we would try the Hilton breakfast. This was a pretty good dining but there are no reservations accepted. We arrive to find that Brer Bear is having a problem so he is not here. So we met everyone else:

Then we ask again and it turns out Brer Bear is coming for the next set! We then met him:

I would say come to this breakfast if you are looking for rare characters. Then we headed over to Animal Kingdom and met Baloo and King Louie:

Then I used my fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie:

Then after some rides we went to Tusker House for Lunch:

Then we went back to the Studios and saw some Stormtroopers on stage:

Then we went to pop-up surprise:

Then after saying hi to Dan and Jon we went to see a Clone Trooper:

Then we met Captain Rex:

On our way to say hi to Dan and Jon we saw Aurra Snig:

After talking with Dan and Jon we head off to our Jedi Mickey reservation:

Then off to bed. We have our goodbye breakfast tomorrow.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 4:05 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 5: Goodbye!
This morning we went to 'Ohana restaurant t the Polynesian Resort for the Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch:

On our way to our car we noticed that they have a store for the new movie Moana:

That ended our adventures at Walt Disney World but do not fear we have lots more characters to show you! Next stop Paris!
0 permalink
8/23/2015 4:11 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Time for the next stop on our world tour, Disneyland Paris!
Day 1: Tradition
Following our tradition we went to Inventions for dinner:

Then we roamed the park a little and went to bed.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 5:38 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 2: Under the Sea
We got up early and went to Extra Magic Hours and met:
Mickey and Minnie:

Donald:

Goofy and Pluto:

Suzy and Perla:

Then I went to the Studios and met Buzz:

Then it was time for Stars 'N' Cars:

Then we had to run to the brunch. When we arrived we were excited to see our pals in special costumes:

Then we get a text Meeko is in Frontierland! So we go and find Chip:

We then run to frontierland but he is gone. Then we go on some rides and head to dinner at Remy's for the first time:

Then back to the hotel.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 8:15 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

Day 4: Everything in one day
We slept in a little this morning and just went strait to Star 'N' Cars today we stayed for all the sets:

Then we went to the other park and met the Alice gang:

We also saw Hook and Smee pass by:

We followed them to their meeting spot:

We then saw Pluto, Goofy, Pinnochio, and Geppeto come out. We follow Geppeto and Pinnochio:

While waiting for Pinnochio and Geppeto we saw Hook and Smee on their way back to Neverland:

Then we met Pinnochio and Geppeto:

Then we went to the Inventions character lunch. I actually recommend this because although the characters are not that great the interaction is always spectacular. Here is who we saw:

Then we head back to the park and see Jack Sparrow:

Then we saw Disney Magic on Parade:
Something was wrong because you will see many things not as they would usually be:

Then we went on rides for the rest of the night.
0 permalink
8/24/2015 4:04 AM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

Loving this, what an awesome thing to do!

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween to DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
8/24/2015 3:31 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

Yayyyyy more more more!

--
--
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |