Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Character Central News and Discussion » Character Central Forum Guidelines

Upcoming features, suggestions and ideas, bug reporting etc
the topic is closed |
10/19/2015 8:09 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

This post is to provide some guidelines while using the Character Central Forums.

General

This is a family friendly forum and we want to keep it that way. This means please use family friendly language and also refrain from posting things that completely "ruin the magic". Obviously we want to encourage discussion about many character related things but please keep this is mind while posting.

In addition to keeping it family friendly please also keep it just plain friendly... this means no attacking, flaming, or trolling others. We have a no tolerance policy for any forms of bullying or discrimination on any basis.

Everyone is allowed their opinion! Going along with the previous point remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't agree with it that is ok and you are welcome to disagree but still keep it friendly and respect everyone. No attacking each other because you don't agree with them.

External Link Guidelines

The forum is meant to be a place for discussion of Disney, Characters, and other topics and is not meant to be a web directory, link indexing service, or a place to promote other websites. Because of this we have some guidelines for posting links to external websites.

In general, we don't mind you posting links if they serve to promote discussion; however, posts that are little more than links (or lists of links) are against these guidelines.

For example, if someone posted a question about a restaurant that you had written a review about on your personal blog, a post like this would be fine:

I just ate there last month and really enjoyed it. The food was great as was the service and we had great character interaction. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pluto. If you have any specific questions let me know and I will try to answer them or if you want I posted a review about it on my blog here *INSERT LINK*.

However, a post that was more like the following provides little value and is discouraged:

I wrote a review here *INSERT LINK*

Another example of an acceptable link would be to source information that you are posting about. For example:

I just saw that Gelatoni will be meeting in Disney Sea starting next year! I can't wait to meet him! I saw this at *INSERT LINK*

In addition to replies to topics, posting completely new topics that are little more than advertisements for pages on your site are not allowed. There is one exception to this rule. If you are a long time poster and you start a personal blog or site we don't mind you posting to announce your site letting others know about it; however, please keep it limited to the one post.

You are also welcome to include links to your personal flickr, twitter, instagram, blog, etc in your signature (as long as they are family friendly).

Please understand that this policy does not mean we don't like your site or that we don't want you to have your own site. In fact we encourage people to post about their love of Disney anywhere and anyway they want to; however, just remember this is a discussion forum and not a linking service (there are many of those out there) and limit the amount of links you post

Thank you

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
the topic is closed |