Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » WDW Rare Character News and Sightings

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
pages: 1 2 3 4 |
10/22/2015 10:03 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

I saw a thread for DLP, but not for WDW.

I ran into Mr. Penguin at the Magic Kingdom last month. He was in one of the grassy areas on Main Street and he had pretty much no queue. I don't think a lot of people recognized him! I think he might've been training. I know he's been known to make random appearances in the Magic Kingdom, but I was surprised to see that he still did.

In more recent news, I met Max Goof at Hollywood Studios today. I forget the exact area I was at when I met him, but I think it was somewhere in the vicinity of Echo Lake. I told the character attendant I was surprised to see him since he's such a rare character, and she said he's been making more appearances lately. I'm not sure if it's because of Halloween season or if they're just putting out more characters since it's been so busy lately, but keep an eye out for him!
0 permalink
10/23/2015 9:07 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

You know, I thought we had a thread for this, but it's probably gotten lost to the echelon of time, lol.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
10/24/2015 7:38 PM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

Brer Fox and Pinocchio were out today for the Palooza!! Yay!
+1 permalink
10/25/2015 1:57 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Awesome! Thanks Rodnyhansel! Do you know what times they are meeting this week or next? Thanks!!
0 permalink
10/25/2015 3:03 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

The character line-up for the Palooza is fairly random. I think the times and locations have now been made more random too.
0 permalink
10/25/2015 3:09 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Unfortunately people were getting the information about the sets too readily and freely, and so Disney have changed how they handle the pop-up characters a lot. It is now much harder to know when and where they will show up. Even if you some how have the times beforehand they can often be changed last minute.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
10/25/2015 5:51 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Thanks for the help you guys! I will let you know if I have any luck.
0 permalink
10/26/2015 11:18 AM
MistaJ
Mickey Mouse
MistaJ

I was just at WDW this weekend and was scanning the park for Character Palooza. Where did it take place that weekend?
Also Max has been making appearances at Studios for about a year now. He comes out in the afternoons in the area in front of the animation courtyard and the Great Movie Ride. I think you can find his schedule on the Disney Parks app.
0 permalink
10/26/2015 11:55 AM
emperor
Mickey Mouse
emperor

Max is not a regular at all. We finally saw him yesterday after coming every weekend for 10 months. He had been ultra rare this year and his costume is falling apart. Shoes were splitting and he had tiny holes in his pants. I don't think there's enough demand for him and with the costume in disrepair, he may not be around much longer. See him while you can. He is the one my daughter always wanted to meet, she was elated and hugged him for a solid 2 minutes.
edited by emperor on 10/26/2015
edited by emperor on 10/26/2015
0 permalink
10/28/2015 7:25 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

I saw Naveen today! I know he used to appear with Tiana often when TPATF first came out, but I've heard he doesn't appear as often nowadays. I was surprised to see him at the Harbour House today.

And wow, @rodnyhansel, that's awesome! I'd love to catch a palooza sometime soon to catch some rare characters. I'll need to prioritize that next time I go to DHS.
0 permalink
10/28/2015 8:05 PM
emperor
Mickey Mouse
emperor

Naveen appears with Tiana behind Christmas shop at MK daily after 5pm. I personally have not seen a palooza since February. They have been bringing out more uncommon characters, that used to frequent paloozas, in place of common street characters like the chipmunks. However, I have not seen a palooza (more than 2 uncommons) in a long time.
+1 permalink
10/29/2015 7:35 PM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

sorcererminnie Wrote:
I saw Naveen today! I know he used to appear with Tiana often when TPATF first came out, but I've heard he doesn't appear as often nowadays. I was surprised to see him at the Harbour House today.

And wow, @rodnyhansel, that's awesome! I'd love to catch a palooza sometime soon to catch some rare characters. I'll need to prioritize that next time I go to DHS.

Yeah!! Its cool!! But be careful! They might bring many easy to see characters such as Tiana, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and other daily characters!
0 permalink
10/29/2015 7:35 PM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

emperor Wrote:
Naveen appears with Tiana behind Christmas shop at MK daily after 5pm. I personally have not seen a palooza since February. They have been bringing out more uncommon characters, that used to frequent paloozas, in place of common street characters like the chipmunks. However, I have not seen a palooza (more than 2 uncommons) in a long time.

Would like to get Mushu and, maybe, Dopey alone since if you see Dopey at MK you need to take a pic with him and Snow White together.
0 permalink
10/31/2015 7:13 AM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

Unless I'm mistaken, nowadays if you get Dopey, you have to get the other 6 Dwarfs.
0 permalink
10/31/2015 9:54 AM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

Dopey appears sometimes with Snow White at MK by the entrance. Not always thought.
0 permalink
10/31/2015 4:56 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

I met Brer Fox today! I caught what I believe to have been a character palooza in Animation Courtyard around 4:30. Stitch, Pocahontas, Chip, and Dale were also there.
edited by Sorcererminnie on 10/31/2015
edited by Sorcererminnie on 10/31/2015
0 permalink
10/31/2015 8:17 PM
rodnyhansel
Chip 'n' Dale
rodnyhansel

Wow sorcerminnie!! I did not go but good for you! Was any other rare character out at the palooza?
0 permalink
10/31/2015 9:09 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

No other rare ones today, just Brer Fox. I walked around the park three times today because I just had a really strong feeling that I would run into either Brer Fox or Pinocchio today. I was surprised to see them all in Animation Courtyard because I haven't heard of them congregating there before. I guess people are right about Disney mixing up the locations now. I went over by Tower of Terror later on in the night because I've heard that's a popular spot for them to be, but I didn't see any activity.
0 permalink
11/21/2015 5:38 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

Thumper and Miss Bunny were at the entrance to Animal Kingdom today! They were there around five as I was exiting the park. It definitely made my day.
+1 permalink
11/22/2015 9:28 AM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

sorcererminnie Wrote:
Thumper and Miss Bunny were at the entrance to Animal Kingdom today! They were there around five as I was exiting the park. It definitely made my day.

That's really neat. Was there a big line? Was it the start of the set or was it ending?

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 |