Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Naveen and Flynn to leave the Magic Kingdom? :(

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
6/24/2011 3:12 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Many people are reporting that starting in early July Flynn and Naveen will stop doing meet and greets in the Magic Kingdom. Personally I think this is horrible news... not only because it means less characters but also because it means loosing some important new characters. Unlike a lot of the other princes, Flynn and Naveen are major characters in their movies and I would think almost as many people would want to meet them as they want to meet Tiana and Rapunzel. The timing is also somewhat strange as they normally make character changes like this only twice a year... typically in May and *normally* they add extra characters for the summer, not remove them.

Someone has started an online petition to keep them which can be found here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveflynnnaveen/ ; however, the most effective thing to do would be to contact guest relations at Disney World directly either via e-mail or by writing a letter:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

[email protected]

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
6/25/2011 3:34 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

What horrible news, if the rumors are true! I already e-mailed [email protected] to urge them to not proceed with such an action. The beaux of the Disney Princesses are already super-hard to meet in the US! Hopefully, they will listen if enough people speak out. Thank you for relaying the rumor and the contact info to WDW guest relations!

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
+1 permalink
6/26/2011 7:46 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

I sent WDW an email as soon as I heard the news as well.

We must keep the momentum going, since this is one change that none of us will be supporting.
0 permalink
7/4/2011 9:38 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Instead of cutting Flynn, I think they should've cut the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party instead.

While I enjoy the street party, it has already run its course and served its purpose. The Celebrate Today campaign is long over, so its time has come.

Hope they'll end MiSiCi this fall in favor of funding more meet-and-greet characters instead, including bringing Flynn back. Big Grin
0 permalink
7/6/2011 12:14 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Hi all,

Just an update to the situation. I just received an e-mail about the fates of Flynn Rider and Naveen from [email protected], and it looks pretty grim. I copied the text of the e-mail below. =(

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Flynn Rider and Prince Naveen
appearances at Magic Kingdom® Park.

At Walt Disney World® Resort, we continually evaluate our entertainment
offerings. As part of that effort, we have decided to adjust the
Tangled experience and will focus on Rapunzel, who has become a Guest
favorite since she first came to Magic Kingdom® Park last year.
However, we plan for Flynn Rider to join Rapunzel for Mickey's
Not-so-Scary Halloween and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties.
Prince Naveen continues to appear daily in the Celebrate a Dream Come
True Parade as well as greeting guests occasionally with Princess Tiana.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and
appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Regards,

Jason Ford
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort"

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
7/6/2011 12:47 PM
Shiva
Stitch
Shiva

Oh, I did some more snooping, and apparently everyone who e-mails WDW Guest Relations is pretty much receiving the same e-mail template about this issue (edited to address Flynn and/or Naveen, depending on the inquiry), so we can only hope that with enough protests, the powers-that-be will consider changing this initiative.

--
+1 permalink
7/7/2011 8:41 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Thank you for posting this!

While I am not happy that they have left, I am glad that Flynn will be back for the parties at least... I hope they get enough feedback that they realize they made a mistake and bring him back all the time... same with Naveen but at least it sounds like he will be around sometimes. Neither is great and really want them back both full time.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
8/25/2011 6:21 AM
Bastien_DLParis
Mickey Mouse
Bastien_DLParis

I've spotted Prince Naveen with Tiana around the Gazebo last week in the evening, so I guess he's still out times to times.
0 permalink
8/28/2011 10:51 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Very glad to hear that Naveen can still be found at least sometimes... hopefully it becomes a regular occurrence again!

--
+1 permalink