Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » WDW Halloween Changes?

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
the topic is closed |
6/29/2011 7:34 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Our friend Drew has heard rumors of several changes in WDW for Halloween this year.

The first that he reported on WDWMagic was that Jack and Sally would finally be coming to WDW for Halloween season. They have been appearing regularly in both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris for the last few years so it seems strange that they are missing in WDW... hopefully that will change this year.

The second involves some changes to the Villains that appear during the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties (MNSSHP). He had heard that there will be several new villains this year (most likely in an updated version of the Villains Mix and Mingle) and currently it sounds like they could be Hades, Shan Yu, and Gaston. The Halloween parties have been pretty static the last several years so hopefully this will just be the start of character changes to the parties.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+2 permalink
7/27/2011 12:07 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Update:

Drew just posted on WDWMagic that Jack, Sally, Hades and Shan-Yu won't be appearing at the parties.

However, Gaston will still appear, as will Lotso.

Hope they change their minds again before the parties start and add Jack, Sally, Hades and Shan-Yu back into the line-up as originally planned.
edited by disneyphilip on 7/27/2011
0 permalink
7/30/2011 9:11 PM
readercck
Minnie Mouse
readercck

Jack and Sally don't appear at WDW!? That shocks me that Disneyland actualy has something that WDW doesn't. I really wish that Disneyland would bring the Headless Horseman to the Resort because I think it is such a cool thing for a Halloween parade and it's my little brother's favorite character, he cried when we heard that the Horseman wasn't going to make an appearance (he's 7)
+1 permalink
7/31/2011 10:22 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Very sorry to hear about those possible changes to the changes >_<

I agree that it is a bit ridiculous that WDW does not have Jack and Sally after them being at the other resorts for several years... especially considering that the WDW Halloween events are all hard ticket events you have to pay extra for!

One additional note... I have heard there will be some changes to the Boo to You parade this year... not sure what they all are; however, I do know there will be some new/old characters returning... not sure if they will be replacing existing characters or if they will just be additions... hopefully just additions

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
7/31/2011 12:45 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Let's hope we get new news on new meet-and-greet characters for the Halloween parties soon.

If any of the existing Boo-to-You Parade characters get pulled from the parade, let's hope that they'll come out for meet-and-greets instead.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |