Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » No more EMH characters in the Magic Kingdom :(

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
7/4/2011 1:33 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

WDWMagic is reporting that characters will no longer be appearing in Fantasyland during Evening EMH at the Magic Kingdom. In addition, starting July 10th the Town Square Theater will also no longer be open during EMH. This means there will be no characters during EMH at the Magic Kingdom whereas in the past there have been a good number of characters around. This is really sad news, the characters in Fantasyland were always fun and it was one of their few chances to play and do things like ride Dumbo with guests... they definitely added a lot to the "Magic" of Extra Magic Hours in the Magic Kingdom. I hope that they will return some day as I will miss seeing them late at night running around having fun in Fantasyland.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
7/4/2011 3:11 PM
Vectron
Chip 'n' Dale
Vectron

What a bummer. I can't remember a time when we had atmosphere characters at Disneyland after dark except in Town Square on Main Street and on special occasions.
0 permalink
7/27/2011 8:44 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

sorry im new here but who are emh characters
0 permalink
7/28/2011 6:42 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

EMH stands for "Extra Magic Hours".
0 permalink
7/28/2011 7:37 AM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

oh gotcha thanks
0 permalink
7/31/2011 10:23 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, during Extra Magic Hours (when the park opens early or stays open late just for WDW Resort guests) they used to have characters available... but sadly no more

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink