Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » New Magic Kingdom Parade & Fantasmic! updates to be announced at D23?

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
7/15/2011 5:27 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

First being reported by ThemeParkOne on twitter are some big changes coming to WDW entertainment that should be announced at D23

The first and best (to me) is a completely new parade in the Magic Kingdom... details are sketchy but a few tidbits but the name being mentioned is "Festival of Fantasy"... this seems likely as an inside source told us that a new parade was coming soon but didn't have many details.

The next are changes to Fantasmic! It is unclear the extent of the changes... it could just be some upgrade and scene changes or it could be a completely new show based on a similar concept. Personally I feel the WDW Fantasmic! is severely lacking when compared to Disneyland's version... especially after the upgrades two years ago and I wouldn't mind a completely new show but I know many LOVE WDW's Fantasmic! so I will hope for at least a replacement for some of the least inspiring scenes (Pocahontas) and upgrades to the other existing show elements.

The final change will be to Illuminations in Epcot... again details are sketchy at best and it sounds like it might be the smallest of the changes with just some improvements/upgrades

Another part of the rumor is that Steve Davison, the man behind most of spectacular parades, fireworks, and some of the shows that have shown up in Disneyland, Tokyo, and Hong Kong in the last decade, will be in charge of these changes which is very good news!

If these rumors are true I am sure more details will leak out in the run up to D23 but hopefully we will get lots more details and concept art next month!
edited by PeterPanFan on 7/15/2011

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink