Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris Discussion and Trip Planning » First Ever Visit

Discuss Disneyland Paris character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
the topic is closed |
1/2/2017 5:28 PM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

Hello everyone! My family's annual Disney vacation is set for Disneyland Paris (which was my choice lol). This will be our first time going to an on US resort and I had a couple of questions regarding the park

(1) Are Remy, Emile, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Timon, and Gideon fairly regular?
(2) When will the Inventions brunch themes be released for this year? We're looking at either June or September - was hoping to catch either the Aristocats, Cinderella, or Wonderland brunch (figured the one with Darkwing and Launchpad wouldn't happen again)
(3) How often does Prince Adam show up at Auberge de Cendrillon? Prince Eric?
(4) Should we plan on doing an Inventions and/or Cafe Mickey dinner? Is the cost worth it if I'm looking for rare characters?
(5) Are Thumper and Miss Bunny there all year? Saw them on the app and was curious
(6) Are Toulouse and Berlioz ever in the parks? Noticed the app lists "Marie and friends"
(7) Which characters only sign in French?
(8) Is it easy to navigate with limited command of the French language?
(9) Is it easy to get to the city from the resort? We'love be staying at the Disneyland Hotel

Thanks all!
edited by izzym95 on 1/2/2017
edited by izzym95 on 1/2/2017

--
DLR Expert and Annual Passholder
WDW - New Years 2016 and Christmas 2016
DLP First Visit Summer 2017
0 permalink
1/2/2017 8:27 PM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

1) Geppetto and Pinocchio yes, Emile and Timon less regularly, Remy rare, Gideon not at all anymore unfortunately!

2) they're no longer officially being announced

3) Adam is a lot more common than Eric in there, it's usually Charming though, from personal experience obviously, I've seen Flynn in there a bit recently

4) cafe mickey will no longer offer character dining from April, Inventions dinner is brilliant

5) they're usually only Christmas and Spring, but they're in the 25th anniversary promotions so who knows!

6) nope, Marie is seasonal as wel.

7) usually they'll sign in whatever language you speak to them, only queen of hearts and white rabbit has ever signed in French when I've spoke English.

8) yes! I only know bonjour, au revoiur and that's literally it!

9) yes! The rer is very easy and cheap!

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: June 28th -July 1st

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
1/2/2017 8:40 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Hello, I will do my best to answer what little bit I can...from the standpoint of an American visiting gorgeous France!!

My wife and I took our 11 year old daughter during the late summer of 2015. You will love it! Its not Disneyworld but its cool. We commuted from Paris (La Defense) to the park and it was very easy. It took maybe 40 minutes.

To answer question (8), everything is in French and English. I would say that French isn't necessary to know at all. To be respectful and polite we would say "Bon Jour & Merci" (Hello & Thanks, etc...). Everyone in France was extremely nice to us and Disney was no exception...very polite bilingual Disney workers. In other words, don't let the language worry you...It wont be an issue.

As far as characters, my family is a group of character geeks. We were looking forward to finding some unique characters. It never happened. I'm guessing it was bad timing and being at the wrong place at the wrong time. While walking around we saw Mickey and a couple of common Aladdin characters...that was it for both parks. I know that awesome characters are there but we didn't find any. We asked about the Aristocats but they said that they are only at the brunch and Valentines Day?
Best of luck and enjoy!
0 permalink
1/2/2017 8:57 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

I just read the characters that you most want to meet (on your profile) and those were the characters that we went to DLP to find. I just don't want you to be disappointed. Its not likely unless its during a Halloween party or a character dining.

FYI, if you are looking for really rare characters at WDW, go to one of the DVC25 after hour parties. There 2 parties coming up...one is at the end of February and one around the first week of march. Robin Hood, Prince John, Little John, Friar Tuck, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Louis from Princess & the Frog, all of the Princesses with their Princes...the Tightrope Walker Girl from the Haunted Mansion, etc...If you can get to it, its amazing but you have to be a DVC owner
0 permalink
1/2/2017 10:26 PM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

Mitchell Wrote:
1) Geppetto and Pinocchio yes, Emile and Timon less regularly, Remy rare, Gideon not at all anymore unfortunately!

2) they're no longer officially being announced

3) Adam is a lot more common than Eric in there, it's usually Charming though, from personal experience obviously, I've seen Flynn in there a bit recently

4) cafe mickey will no longer offer character dining from April, Inventions dinner is brilliant

5) they're usually only Christmas and Spring, but they're in the 25th anniversary promotions so who knows!

6) nope, Marie is seasonal as wel.

7) usually they'll sign in whatever language you speak to them, only queen of hearts and white rabbit has ever signed in French when I've spoke English.

8) yes! I only know bonjour, au revoiur and that's literally it!

9) yes! The rer is very easy and cheap!

Thanks so much for the info, Mitchell! Man, that's a bummer about those characters Oh well, here's hoping Remy, Emile, and Timon are feeling up to socializing when I go! Lol
Here's also hoping that I get an interesting brunch theme and Prince Adam hehe. It's usually two royal couples (including Cindy and Charming) plus the mice right? And that's awesome about the language with the signing! I do hope a lot of characters will be out for the anniversary... So instead of Cafe Mickey would Plaza Gardens be the go to?

--
0 permalink
1/2/2017 10:28 PM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

HippyDisneyGuy Wrote:
Hello, I will do my best to answer what little bit I can...from the standpoint of an American visiting gorgeous France!!

My wife and I took our 11 year old daughter during the late summer of 2015. You will love it! Its not Disneyworld but its cool. We commuted from Paris (La Defense) to the park and it was very easy. It took maybe 40 minutes.

To answer question (8), everything is in French and English. I would say that French isn't necessary to know at all. To be respectful and polite we would say "Bon Jour & Merci" (Hello & Thanks, etc...). Everyone in France was extremely nice to us and Disney was no exception...very polite bilingual Disney workers. In other words, don't let the language worry you...It wont be an issue.

As far as characters, my family is a group of character geeks. We were looking forward to finding some unique characters. It never happened. I'm guessing it was bad timing and being at the wrong place at the wrong time. While walking around we saw Mickey and a couple of common Aladdin characters...that was it for both parks. I know that awesome characters are there but we didn't find any. We asked about the Aristocats but they said that they are only at the brunch and Valentines Day?
Best of luck and enjoy!

That's wonderful news! I took one year of French in high school so hopefully I'll be able to speak passably enough to be polite but thank goodness everyone is bilingual! Bummer about the characters though Here's hoping!

--
0 permalink
1/2/2017 10:30 PM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

HippyDisneyGuy Wrote:
I just read the characters that you most want to meet (on your profile) and those were the characters that we went to DLP to find. I just don't want you to be disappointed. Its not likely unless its during a Halloween party or a character dining.

FYI, if you are looking for really rare characters at WDW, go to one of the DVC25 after hour parties. There 2 parties coming up...one is at the end of February and one around the first week of march. Robin Hood, Prince John, Little John, Friar Tuck, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Louis from Princess & the Frog, all of the Princesses with their Princes...the Tightrope Walker Girl from the Haunted Mansion, etc...If you can get to it, its amazing but you have to be a DVC owner

I appreciate the realism, truly. Will do a few character meals and hope for the best! And I did hear about the DVC party on Kenny the Pieate's blog! Wish I was a member - looks awesome! Here's hoping they continue those parties for a while so I can save up enough to become a member lol

--
0 permalink
1/3/2017 7:55 AM
BexiBeans
Mickey Mouse
BexiBeans

In regards to characters at Auberge, it is always Suzy and Perla with Cinderella and then there is always another royal couple and an additional princess. In the case that it's charming, two solo princesses will join.
Adam seems to have been there with Belle quite a bit lately but of course it is random.

However you will see Adam on parade, I posted a parade changes topic on the news forum for DLP so feel free to have a read. Xx

--
BexiBeans Cosplay
British Dressmaker, Cosplayer and Performer
2016 DLP Trips - June, October and December
Next Trip - DLP Feb 2017
Possible DLP Jan 2017
0 permalink
1/3/2017 11:47 AM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

BexiBeans Wrote:
In regards to characters at Auberge, it is always Suzy and Perla with Cinderella and then there is always another royal couple and an additional princess. In the case that it's charming, two solo princesses will join.
Adam seems to have been there with Belle quite a bit lately but of course it is random.

However you will see Adam on parade, I posted a parade changes topic on the news forum for DLP so feel free to have a read. Xx

Got it! I'm really hoping it's not Charming lol considering you can meet him at WDW at 1900 Park Fare AND the Christmas party... But that may just be me. REALLY hoping for Adam since Eric has a regular meet in Japan where I hope to go one day. And that's awesome, will definitely take a look at that post!!!!

--
0 permalink
1/7/2017 10:26 PM
thedisneyfan22
Mickey Mouse
thedisneyfan22

i went to california adventure in 2016 and did not see Oswald was he on vacation? and also why did Mickey and minnie get a new look? i miss the old look
0 permalink
1/8/2017 6:28 PM
izzym95
Mickey Mouse
izzym95

thedisneyfan22 Wrote:
i went to california adventure in 2016 and did not see Oswald was he on vacation? and also why did Mickey and minnie get a new look? i miss the old look

If you were at DCA in 2016, Mickey and Minnie might have been in their Diamond Celebration outfits. Otherwise Minnie usually wears her flapper dress at CA and Mickey his 1920s outfit as well. Oswald sometimes doesn't show up for his morning meets but is usually always there in the afternoon - however some days he does take a break

--
+1 permalink
1/16/2017 11:44 PM
thedisneyfan22
Mickey Mouse
thedisneyfan22

thedisneyfan22 Wrote:
0 permalink
1/20/2017 5:23 PM
thedisneyfan22
Mickey Mouse
thedisneyfan22

izzym95 Wrote:
thedisneyfan22 Wrote:

If you were at DCA in 2016, Mickey and Minnie might have been in their Diamond Celebration outfits. Otherwise Minnie usually wears her flapper dress at CA and Mickey his 1920s outfit as well. Oswald sometimes doesn't show up for his morning meets but is usually always there in the afternoon - however some days he does take a break
thanks and i think i know where i can find Mickey's old look at Disney world oh and if i did go there where would i be able to find him i wanna surprise him because when i saw Mickey's new look he didn't act like he was surprised to see me :/
0 permalink
the topic is closed |