Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Blog Discussion » Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report, February 2017

Forum to discuss blog posts from the Character Central Blog
the topic is closed |
3/22/2017 11:06 AM
Peter Pan's Shadow
Bullseye
Peter Pan's Shadow

Hello everyone,

Last month Jon and I, along with a very dear friend, took part in our first ever runDisney race weekend. We participated in all three races (5k, 10k and half marathon) at the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World in Florida.

It's hard to even know where to begin describing this entire journey to you, since it wasn't at all like a normal trip. We didn't just go to the parks and happen to run through them like our lives depended on it - this was an altogether different experience. A journey that involved months of hard training, registrations, and bookings at precise moments to get what we wanted, and planning out strategies and coping mechanisms for running these events as a team, while making individual achievements.

We had known for a few months prior to booking that our goal was to be fit enough to want to complete a runDisney event, and when we booked the races last year, we had reached a point where we felt we could be ready in February to compete. The booking process itself was a challenge - as with everything with Disney these days - and we had to make several calls and enquiries to get what we wanted. They don't really make it very clear with regards to some aspects of it, if you have never done this before. So to that degree it was frustrating.

Months later still, and February finally arrived, and we were as ready as we were ever going to be!   [ Read More... ]
edited by DisneyDan on 3/22/2017
0 permalink
3/22/2017 8:27 PM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

So incredibly proud of you both! Big Grin

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween to DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
3/25/2017 5:43 AM
Nala
Stitch
Nala

That is quite an achievement!! Well done!!
0 permalink
3/28/2017 12:47 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thank you both!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |